Unlimited dining - lunch options?

pepele

My son and I are cruising on the Silhoutte on a 3 night cruise for a quick weekend getaway. In the cruise planner there is an unlimited dining package that includes lunch. We don’t have a sea day on our cruise. Will any of the restaurants be open for lunch on the first day or any of the port days?  I’m just trying to figure out if the unlimited dining is worth it. 

On 9/13/2024 at 4:00 PM, pepele said:

My son and I are cruising on the Silhoutte on a 3 night cruise for a quick weekend getaway. In the cruise planner there is an unlimited dining package that includes lunch. We don’t have a sea day on our cruise. Will any of the restaurants be open for lunch on the first day or any of the port days?  I’m just trying to figure out if the unlimited dining is worth it. 

I seem to recall from another thread that the "unlimited" package has a number of restrictions including the "when open" and "subject to availability" clauses. Suggest you check those out before committing.

58 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

Unlimited Specialty Dining only includes lunch on sea days, no sea days, no free lunch.image.png.439beda00678c3ed3645f46ddf9cab54.png

Interesting.  So if I purchased a 5 "night" SDP, I can still use it towards lunch on a sea day, does not ONLY apply to dinner?

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Exactly. 

Well that certainly changes the water on the beans for me!  I have been waffling back and forth on whether to purchase a 5 night package for a 13 night TA.  This helps with that decision.  Thank you!!

13 minutes ago, Liao said:

Well that certainly changes the water on the beans for me!  I have been waffling back and forth on whether to purchase a 5 night package for a 13 night TA.  This helps with that decision.  Thank you!!

What you'll want to check - for your specific ship - pick the current cruise in the app, find an at-sea day, see which restaurants are open for lunch.  There seems to be some ship-ship variability on which restaurants are open at all for lunch.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Liao said:

Most specialty restaurants are not open for lunch on sea days.  Once or twice a sailing they may have a lunch offering in one of the specialties but that is a limited menu and is less expensive than the dinner menu. 

1 hour ago, Liao said:

Interesting.  So if I purchased a 5 "night" SDP, I can still use it towards lunch on a sea day, does not ONLY apply to dinner?

I was responding the question about the Unlimited Specialty Dining package which includes lunches on sea days, not a five night Specialty Dining Package which has different restrictions.

5 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I was responding the question about the Unlimited Specialty Dining package which includes lunches on sea days, not a five night Specialty Dining Package which has different restrictions.

Got it, thanks.  This will be my first Eclass Celebrity cruise where I do not have specialty dining included.  I’m still trying to figure out all the various options.

On Edge class ships Le Grand Bistro and Raw on Five are open for lunch daily unless they are closed for maintenance.  Fine Cut Steakhouse and/or Rooftop Garden Grill may be open for lunch if your cruise has a large number of sea days such as on a 13 night transatlantic crossing. (Fine Cut was open for lunch 4 sea days on the spring `24 transatlantic crossing)  I'm not sure you can use one of your five dining slots for lunch but if you can it would count against the total just like a dinner.  I purchased the Unlimited Specialty Dining package for my Apex transatlantic because it includes 9 sea days and 12 nights.  

• Like 1

So, it’s clear as mud about lunch right now. We have a 3 night cruise on reflection.

There is no sea day. Sushi is open for lunch, however on port days.

the price (on sale) is $158. Dinner in a specialty is $50-$60 so 3 dinners would be about $160. I don’t see an advantage if i cannot have lunch at sushi….