Navigator Caribbean

We just received an ad from Regent featuring the Navigator’s Caribbean itineraries for next season. Prices were given for the cruises and for economy class add on. But under the heading of first class “N/A” was stated for every cruise — supposedly meaning “not available”. Does this mean that Regent isn’t booking FC (or BC or whatever it’s called), or that Regent can’t give a fixed price for it, or what? 

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

We just received an ad from Regent featuring the Navigator’s Caribbean itineraries for next season. Prices were given for the cruises and for economy class add on. But under the heading of first class “N/A” was stated for every cruise — supposedly meaning “not available”. Does this mean that Regent isn’t booking FC (or BC or whatever it’s called), or that Regent can’t give a fixed price for it, or what? 

I don't know why Regent is showing "NA" under first class. However, they are selling first class tickets. If you do a dummy booking on the website, you'll see the first class price.

Dave

When I looked on the site there was a column for business class but I didn’t see one for first class. To my knowledge Regent has never offered business class from the US to the Caribbean. And first class is only offered as part of a specific promotion. 

FWIIW:  

Received mailing advertising "FIRST CLASS AIR" (no exaggeration as to capitalization) for all booking classes on "Selected" 2025 itineraries.  Obviously, targeted at segments not currently, or projected, to sell at an acceptable level.  

Possible opportunity to utilize a $2,000 Future Cruise Certificate purchased DIRECTLY from Regent, not some third-party, two months ago while aboard Splendor.

Spent minimal time going online confirming Navigator's March 21-April 4 Miami-Miami sailing amongst the "Selected".  Bit on the Bait.

Quick call to our TA.  Same day Booking secured. First Class Air (back to normal caps) on Delta's N/S flights from, then back to SEATAC.  Blacklane transfers.  Added attraction was TA's ability to obtain nice seats on both air segments.  Did not have to wait the normal 210 days prior to embarkation to get those seats. 

Next-day:  Confirmed Delta's Airline Confirmation Code. Aircraft to be utilized (at this point) show the normal two-cabin Classes for domestic flights--Coach and First. Online check showed Delta does not offer a separate Business Class for these domestic fights. Our Code is for First Class.  Seats up front indicate same.   

Overall cost for this itinerary was, of course, lowered in our case, by $2,000.  NTL, a reasonable price which included First Class Air on those 6+hour flight segments.  

Now, hopefully, Ray Solaire will be Cruise Director. 

And, as always:  YM(land and air)MV.  

GOARMY

GOARMY  

Yeah, there seems to be confusion (on my part also) as to what to call airline seat classifications above economy and economy +. When we took our Splendor cruise embarking and ending in Southampton UK last month we had what was called United business class Denver to London and back. But it had those full lay down seats. But our business class flights we have recently taken Denver to Boston and back on United have seating more like that in the “coach class”of 40 or so years ago. So I am confused about the definition of BC and FC. All I know is that the Navigator/Caribbean ad I received gave the up charge only for economy air, made no mention of FC, and stated that BC was “N/A”. 

12 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Yeah, there seems to be confusion (on my part also) as to what to call airline seat classifications above economy and economy +. When we took our Splendor cruise embarking and ending in Southampton UK last month we had what was called United business class Denver to London and back. But it had those full lay down seats. But our business class flights we have recently taken Denver to Boston and back on United have seating more like that in the “coach class”of 40 or so years ago. So I am confused about the definition of BC and FC. All I know is that the Navigator/Caribbean ad I received gave the up charge only for economy air, made no mention of FC, and stated that BC was “N/A”. 

The only time you might be able to get a lay down seat domestically, is if the aircraft continues across the pond after the stopover.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

U.S. Airlines don't offer Business Class domestically. You can sometimes find a lay flat seat on domestic routes, but that's still considered First Class. Occasionally they will use an International aircraft for a domestic flight, but it's hit and miss and still marketed as First Class.  

As for Regent, except for the special they're running they do not, nor ever did, offer First Class on Domestic flight.  Only economy, thus the "NA" on the website. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 3:46 AM, ChucktownSteve said:

The only time you might be able to get a lay down seat domestically, is if the aircraft continues across the pond after the stopover.

I have had an American Airlines lay-flat seat from Miami to Los Angeles booked as first class.  I figured the plane was continuing on internationally as business class.

• Like 2