Do i need to use the app?

kayjay76

Hi all! Since I use my phone for my business, i absolutely hate even touching it while on vacation. Do i need to use the app to see what's going on on the ship each day? Do they do printed dallies or are they on the tv in your room? I really don't need to book anything but if i did can i use touch screens or the tv for this? Thank you!!

I'm curious to know if they have kiosks around the ship where you can access this information. I personally experienced that on another cruise line before. You could walk up and it was a touch screen so you could scroll. Also had thinks like finding out times for restaurants and shows. Maybe on the newer ships?

11 minutes ago, SwimmingDragon said:

I'm curious to know if they have kiosks around the ship where you can access this information. I personally experienced that on another cruise line before. You could walk up and it was a touch screen so you could scroll. Also had thinks like finding out times for restaurants and shows. Maybe on the newer ships?

You can access the information on the TV screen in your stateroom via handheld remote control ..and.. at touchscreens throughout the ship. Ships of Seaside Class, Meraviglia Class and World Class are equipped with touchscreens in public areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a couple of things that are (unfortunately) moving to mobile and you may be able to consider.

QR code menu's at most bars (I find it horrible, except for being able to review them later)

Easy to make shows reservation 

Unfortunately they'll blame it on "save the trees" but printed copies are a lot more expensive than updating a single app to the entire cruise.

Having said that, due to the more mature audience on a ship, you will find some printed copies of everything for some time at least.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SailorfromBrazil said:

There's a couple of things that are (unfortunately) moving to mobile and you may be able to consider.

QR code menu's at most bars (I find it horrible, except for being able to review them later)

Easy to make shows reservation 

Unfortunately they'll blame it on "save the trees" but printed copies are a lot more expensive than updating a single app to the entire cruise.

Having said that, due to the more mature audience on a ship, you will find some printed copies of everything for some time at least.

They still have printable menus at all bars. Never had a problem not having a phone and never had to "ask" for a menu, was provided one at all times.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1