New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00

hpeabody

2 minutes ago, Teechur said:

This seems to be why you are so anxiously hoping for enforcement. 😉

Not anxiously hoping. Not concerned either way. Though considering how proud some seem to feel at ignoring the rules that might change.

Pretty much the same view about children in the pools marked adult only, abuse of rules about loungers on the lines and resorts that have such rules, etc.

15 minutes ago, TRLD said:

Not anxiously hoping. Not concerned either way. Though considering how proud some seem to feel at ignoring the rules that might change.

Pretty much the same view about children in the pools marked adult only, abuse of rules about loungers on the lines and resorts that have such rules, etc.

These things impact other passengers. Bringing plastic bottles on board does not. If it did, why would Princess sell water in plastic bottles?

I will continue to buy water for the cabin from Princess but will be more careful with the amount. We left behind 20-30 unused bottles last week which were probably resold to incoming passengers.

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair

5 minutes ago, Teechur said:

These things impact other passengers. Bringing plastic bottles on board does not. If it did, why would Princess sell water in plastic bottles?

I will continue to buy water for the cabin from Princess but will be more careful with the amount. We left behind 20-30 unused bottles last week which were probably resold to incoming passengers.

As i said before the rule change about bottles is fairly recent was open season on softdrinks and water before. Other CCL lines have converted away from plastic bottles and tightened enforcement. Princess is lagging, but i expect will follow the others.

Would not want you to be surprised when they do. 

Edited by TRLD

6 minutes ago, TRLD said:

As i said before the rule change about bottles is fairly recent was open season on softdrinks and water before. Other CCL lines have converted away from plastic bottles and tightened enforcement. Princess is lagging, but i expect will follow the others.

Would not want you to be surprised when they do. 

Thanks for your concern. Somehow, I will survive.

Are Holland and Carnival now serving water in paper cartons or aluminum cans exclusively? I hadn't heard this.

Both of us do not drink alcohol or soda, so a package is not suitable for us.  In July we put in our shopping cart a few cases of water, and did not want to prepay which was a mistake.

That being said, after all the posts on this topic, I thought I would take a chance and call customer service, with no expectations on honoring the original order.  I spent several minutes with the rep, and argued the point that I preordered and  wanted to pay the original amount.  I tried to speak to his supervisor, was put in hold and he would not transfer me.  He said that Princess could change prices whenever they wanted, unless payment is made prior to a change.  The point here is if everyone who is not satisfied with the new price, just call customer service and make your point....the more pax that do this, the more likely they will reduce the price..just hoping, though.   In the meantime, I have put one case in my shopping cart only, and will pay just before the cruise and will refill each empty bottle...will take a small funnel to make transferring easier..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Are Holland and Carnival now serving water in paper cartons or aluminum cans exclusively? I hadn't heard this.

hAL had can water in drink package. Extra $$$ for bottle.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Both of us do not drink alcohol or soda, so a package is not suitable for us.  In July we put in our shopping cart a few cases of water, and did not want to prepay which was a mistake.

That being said, after all the posts on this topic, I thought I would take a chance and call customer service, with no expectations on honoring the original order.  I spent several minutes with the rep, and argued the point that I preordered and  wanted to pay the original amount.  I tried to speak to his supervisor, was put in hold and he would not transfer me.  He said that Princess could change prices whenever they wanted, unless payment is made prior to a change.  The point here is if everyone who is not satisfied with the new price, just call customer service and make your point....the more pax that do this, the more likely they will reduce the price..just hoping, though.   In the meantime, I have put one case in my shopping cart only, and will pay just before the cruise and will refill each empty bottle...will take a small funnel to make transferring easier..

I am bringing 6 empty water bottles. Will refill daily for free.  If people buy- they will sell.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dog said:

I am bringing 6 empty water bottles. Will refill daily for free.  If people buy- they will sell.  

Good idea! We drink the ice water in the restaurants on board every day. I will refill bottles in the buffet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Good idea! We drink the ice water in the restaurants on board every day. I will refill bottles in the buffet.

Fill 2 glasses. Pour in bottles. Take to cabin.

dog

aka. Penny pincher 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

We prepay everything we can for travel to avoid surprises. We have seen hotel rates jump 200 to 300 percent in a matter of days

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

I have items in carts lots of places online. That does not make an order. You have to order an item, agree to pay. Just because it's in your cart doesn't mean it's an order. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

How do you wash them?  Are you talking regular plastic water bottles?

OH! We definitely wash the bottles with dish soap we bring in a tiny container.  Starbucks sell lovely refillable water bottles and coffee cups, 

I’m done here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

HAL was on the last cruise i was on, can not say about their entire fleet. Do not know about Carnival. P&O and Cunard had completed the switch.

HAL has the same rule about not bringing bottles on board. They seem to be enforcing it better.

Edited by TRLD

1 hour ago, jimlouisesophie said:

The point here is if everyone who is not satisfied with the new price, just call customer service and make your point....the more pax that do this, the more likely they will reduce the price..just hoping, though.   In the meantime, I have put one case in my shopping cart only, and will pay just before the cruise and will refill each empty bottle...will take a small funnel to make transferring easier..

The person I spoke to in Customer Service was surprised at the price increase and said she was keeping track of those who emailed and would report the numbers to her supervisor.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Coral said:

Part of that was when they added the 2 casual meals and gym classes and disgusting desserts

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

Part of that was when they added the 2 casual meals and gym classes and disgusting desserts

Some of those casual meals were free before (even when the price was $60).

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Some of those casual meals were free before (even when the price was $60).

Well Vines was not a meal before just tapas and you were supposed to order a drink to get them so it was never actually a meal before. Salty Dog always had a charge in my memory. Alfredo’s was the one actually free one and it got so crowded that they were having up to a two hour wait to be seated. 
The move from $40 to $50 I believe came when they raised the drinks to $15 from $12

2 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Thx...So no point in ordering a case b 4 embarking....just buy a few bottles at the bar and then refill the empties  at the buffet

Just make sure you pour from a glass in to o the bottle and don’t fill it directly from the water dispenser. If you touch the bottle to the dispenser there is a chance of contamination 

• Thanks 1