Upgrades (Not Upsells) Do Happen

jsglow

Carnival knows what they got and have started pricing them a bit more than regular interiors. I have mostly been booking journeys cruises now and they tend to be about $150 more. I find this reasonable for a 14 day cruise to have the light and the balcony layout.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I have been the beneficiary of an upgrade, probably just by chance. I had a cruise set for the Freedom 8 day in Feb last year and they switched ships to the Spirit. I had an inside room on the Freedom but at switch over they put me into a regular balcony room with no notice at all. It was a nice surprise. I am guessing the Freedom has more interior rooms than the Spirit so I randomly got put into a balcony. I used to be a balcony person but am now happy with the 4K on the Spirit class with the tall window and between lifeboats.

The 2/25 sailing?  I was originally in a 4J on Freedom and was "upgraded" to a 4K on Spirit when the ships were swapped.  Both are considered interiors even though the 4K has the floor to ceiling windows.  It was the only stateroom I detested.  I didn't get one with a peep in between the lifeboats and with the curtains open, felt very claustrophobic.  

20230225_134308.jpg

20230225_134412.jpg

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

The 2/25 sailing?  I was originally in a 4J on Freedom and was "upgraded" to a 4K on Spirit when the ships were swapped.  Both are considered interiors even though the 4K has the floor to ceiling windows.  It was the only stateroom I detested.  I didn't get one with a peep in between the lifeboats and with the curtains open, felt very claustrophobic.  

20230225_134308.jpg

20230225_134412.jpg

It was Feb 11th out of Miami to HMC, Grand Turk, Bonaire and Aruba. Of course we pulled up to HMC and it was a no go ;( . I am cursed for HMC with COVID cancellations and weather! 

• Like 1

So for any of you Princess fans out there, we have twice gotten Emerald Deck obstructed; once it was an OV. The other time it was an Obstructed Balc. We thought the cabins were great, especially at the price point. We've got to try them on a Spirit Class sometime.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jsglow said:

So for any of you Princess fans out there, we have twice gotten Emerald Deck obstructed; once it was an OV. The other time it was an Obstructed Balc. We thought the cabins were great, especially at the price point. We've got to try them on a Spirit Class sometime.

I have had the obstructed balcony on Princess too. Minimal bid accepted to upgrade from interior. Think $90

6 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I have had the obstructed balcony on Princess too. Minimal bid accepted to upgrade from interior. Think $90

The bid process that some lines use.  I would be interested in hearing others thoughts on how it would be received on CCL

38 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The bid process that some lines use.  I would be interested in hearing others thoughts on how it would be received on CCL

I would actually like it. Not sure how often I'd bid but as someone once said, choice is good.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think JH would be overwhelmed with pity stories of why they should "win".

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The person who "wins" would be the person who bids the highest amount.  I don't know how JH could override that.

If anything, he probably would receive more sob stories based on their current, more subjective method of contacting people about upsells.

4 hours ago, staceyglow said:

The person who "wins" would be the person who bids the highest amount.  I don't know how JH could override that.

If anything, he probably would receive more sob stories based on their current, more subjective method of contacting people about upsells.

He already does especially from people who think their chosen profession entitles them to discounts and  upgrades

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Frankly not a fan of the "program", reminds me of a hot car at a uses car dealer.  Rings of cheapness 

• Like 1