FINALLY -- we are in the single digit countdown to Nieuw Statendam sailing !

RClark6369@aol.com

Couple of opinions for those who know first-hand........  Deciding on EXTRAS -

1. Which flower arrangement would you select -  Amalia  or   Maxima  ?

2. Has anyone selected the Bon Voyage package before ?   Thoughts ?  Would you purchase it again ?

They now offer pins on the Extra's page.  Thought I might bling up my dinner jacket with 1 or 2 of these   LOL !!!

Cheers

Rex

• Like 1

I ordered Maxima and by adding a little water each day, it lasted the whole 9 days.

Never ordered Bon Voyage since it didn't look like much for the price. However, if you're out to impress, go for it!

A couple of the pins are nice - probably also available in the gift shop but I never looked.

Enjoy your cruise!! Will be on the NS in December and Rotterdam in March.

You're boarding in Athens right?  And will be there a couple days before your cruise?  Why not pick up beautiful flowers from there and take them on board with you.  Your room steward will be able to get you a vase if you do not have one with you.  JMO. Cherie

• Like 1

Unless you want the flowers waiting in your cabin when you board, you can also tell the florist what colors you like, preferred flowers, anything you want him to know to create something for you. They are very talented. 

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

9 hours ago, RClark6369@aol.com said:

Couple of opinions for those who know first-hand........  Deciding on EXTRAS -

1. Which flower arrangement would you select -  Amalia  or   Maxima  ?

2. Has anyone selected the Bon Voyage package before ?   Thoughts ?  Would you purchase it again ?

They now offer pins on the Extra's page.  Thought I might bling up my dinner jacket with 1 or 2 of these   LOL !!!

Cheers

Rex

Slightly off topic but has nobody ever suggested you change your Avatar name, we are encouraged to not give our mail addresses here to avoid being targeted by spam.

In your case you would quote RCClark6369 at aol dot com to avoid this happening. Maybe the above is not your email so disregard my suggestion and understand I am only trying to help not interfere.

Edited by cruiseaholic78
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cccole said:

You're boarding in Athens right?  And will be there a couple days before your cruise?  Why not pick up beautiful flowers from there and take them on board with you.  Your room steward will be able to get you a vase if you do not have one with you.  JMO. Cherie

While we have done this at various port stops, I would think it would be a little cumbersome when you're going thru the boarding process.

Edited by Sea42

@Sea42  In Chile we had our driver stop at a flower shop prior to arriving at the pier and I had beautiful flowers the entire 3 weeks.  It was a bit cumbersome prior to getting rid of our luggage at the pier but other than that not a problem for me, and so worth it.  JMO. Cherie

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the input !!!

I agree the Bon Voyage package seems slim for the price.   Was hoping someone had splurged and could tell me their opinion of the value.   I have too much carry-on luggage to handle the flowers at embarkation, but the suggestion to see about getting something made on the ship is a good idea.  Wouldn't it be awesome to board in Amsterdam and bring on tulips!!   

I have never seen the pins in the onboard shop before or offered on the "extras page" of the app.  But they may be new onboard as well.  I am going to buy the 3 ship specific pins.

Thanks everyone for the send offs.   I always say that I will post updates when I get on the ship, but never do.  I get too busy and never get around to it.  I so ADMIRE those who are disciplined enough to post about their sailing while on board.

On another topic, we booked our flight (3 seat config) with the middle seat empty.   Fingers crossed that our plan sticks.   41 open seats left on the flight which doesnt do much to our wishes...LOL.

Cheers !

Rex

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RClark6369@aol.com said:

On another topic, we booked our flight (3 seat config) with the middle seat empty.   Fingers crossed that our plan sticks.   41 open seats left on the flight which doesnt do much to our wishes...LOL.

Cheers !

Rex

When Hub and I fly together we aim for 2 aisle seats just across from each other.  Saw another couple do this a few years back and have been happy with this choice ever since, as nobody ever wants the middle seat!!

Agree Greensprout.   If we win, we get 3 seats between us.   If we dont win......ugh !!

Thank you Sea42 !!!

I have the Kodak portable 0 ink printer and I purchased a "custom travel log" with the HAL logo and itinerary printed on the front of the log.   I am going to be disciplined by printing and mounting my pics in the log each day as well as writing highlights......we will see how that goes 🙄....   Good intentions anyway !!    I know the saying...

Cheers !

Rex 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RClark6369@aol.com said:

Agree Greensprout.   If we win, we get 3 seats between us.   If we dont win......ugh !!

Thank you Sea42 !!!

I have the Kodak portable 0 ink printer and I purchased a "custom travel log" with the HAL logo and itinerary printed on the front of the log.   I am going to be disciplined by printing and mounting my pics in the log each day as well as writing highlights......we will see how that goes 🙄....   Good intentions anyway !!    I know the saying...

Cheers !

Rex 

Ooh, I hope you do it - a new "old school" photo album!! 

Bon Voyage and safe travels ⛴️🍾

27 minutes ago, greensprout said:

When Hub and I fly together we aim for 2 aisle seats just across from each other.  Saw another couple do this a few years back and have been happy with this choice ever since, as nobody ever wants the middle seat!!

We do that and really prefer it to one of us being jimmied into a center seat.

• Like 1