Port in Barcelona

floridababa

11 hours ago, floridababa said:

Siince we are at a new port - what is there to do in the port?

Have you seriously never heard of Barcelona?  Nor read anything about it nor seen it on TV? Nor heard of Gaudi nor the Sagrada Familia? Barcelona is one of the most visited cities in Europe given the number of sights and attractions there so you need to put in some serious reading time to help you decide which sights/attractions appeal to your interests  especially if you are not staying over pre or post cruise and have only one short day there.

There are a multitude of past threads with info and ideas for Barcelona and you could choose from these:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/search/?q=barcelona&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

In addition you could, as suggested above, look at YouTube videos of Barcelona, read guide books (can you borrow from a local library?) look at the Official Barcelona Tourist Information website, Frommer's, Fodors, Tripadvisor and all the usual websites you would check when you internet search "(name of town/city )Tourist information" And not forgetting Rick Steves. And do check the shorex being offered even should you not want to book one as they will give you an idea of the highlights and what might be possible within your port times.

And any sight/attraction you think you would like to visit, should it offer pre booked entry times (some will be mandatory, some optional) do be sure to book ahead as Barcelona is one of the busiest and most visited cities in Europe. it is also amazing to visit. Enjoy.

12 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Have you seriously never heard of Barcelona?  Nor read anything about it nor seen it on TV? Nor heard of Gaudi nor the Sagrada Familia? Barcelona is one of the most visited cities in Europe given the number of sights and attractions there so you need to put in some serious reading time to help you decide which sights/attractions appeal to your interests  especially if you are not staying over pre or post cruise and have only one short day there.

There are a multitude of past threads with info and ideas for Barcelona and you could choose from these:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/search/?q=barcelona&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

In addition you could, as suggested above, look at YouTube videos of Barcelona, read guide books (can you borrow from a local library?) look at the Official Barcelona Tourist Information website, Frommer's, Fodors, Tripadvisor and all the usual websites you would check when you internet search "(name of town/city )Tourist information" And not forgetting Rick Steves. And do check the shorex being offered even should you not want to book one as they will give you an idea of the highlights and what might be possible within your port times.

And any sight/attraction you think you would like to visit, should it offer pre booked entry times (some will be mandatory, some optional) do be sure to book ahead as Barcelona is one of the busiest and most visited cities in Europe. it is also amazing to visit. Enjoy.

I have been to Barcelona numerous times. I was asking about the new port area that is called Mueller Adosado.

A simple question should not get a nasty response. If you don't like the question then ignore it. No need to get so upitty. Life is too short!!!.

9 hours ago, floridababa said:

I have been to Barcelona numerous times. I was asking about the new port area that is called Mueller Adosado.

Not new.  It has been used for a few years. It actually named Muelle Adosado.  Muelle is the spanish word for 'dock' and adosado means 'adjacent', so it translates as a 'row of docks' or a 'number of docks adjacent to each other'.  

Down Las Rambas to the column and turn right.  Take the shuttle bus.

13 hours ago, floridababa said:

I was asking about the new port area that is called Mueller Adosado.

Then that should have been your question. The confusion for members was caused by your asking what is there to do in the port? That  extremely vague wording meant that all FIVE  members (including myself) who  initially replied, read it as being you porting in Barcelona for the first time and looking for sightseeing suggestions.  On that basis, I did at least give you lots of helpful info to get you started.

Should there be a next time, maybe be more careful with the wording of your question, because once you clarified what your question actually was, you did get the answer.

Edited by edinburgher

Isn't this just an extension to the cruise port area?  As such, to reply to the OP, there's nothing to do in the immediate area. Each terminal is served by a shuttle bus which will drop you at the sea end of the Ramblas. As the OP has visited the city before, I'm sure they'll have ideas of how to spend the day, either revisiting places or visiting/doing new stuff. We've also been to the city before and visited most of the sights. Last time, we had a day pre-cruise which we spent on the HOHO bus, getting off to visit the Miro museum, followed by a long lunch. Nice day just chilling out.