Favorite MDR on Ascent?

Luvcrusn

We find a wait team and Sommlier we like and stick with them. Have been on the Beyond 2x recently and found the same wait team and sommlier for both cruises.  1st sailing they were in Normandie the 2nd in Tuscan.
Food all comes from the same place, all items are available in all 4 MDRs so the difference is primarily decor and service.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jelayne said:

We find a wait team and Sommlier we like and stick with them. Have been on the Beyond 2x recently and found the same wait team and sommlier for both cruises.  1st sailing they were in Normandie the 2nd in Tuscan.
Food all comes from the same place, all items are available in all 4 MDRs so the difference is primarily decor and service.  

Are you saying the “Cosmopolitan Exclusive Items” can be ordered from any restaurant, not just Cosmopolitan?  

IMG_6632.thumb.jpeg.bd15541deef93161351cd802872827d8.jpeg

IMG_6633.thumb.jpeg.071da71b4fea1063236ea4e0cc7e2708.jpeg

Yes, you can order any MDR item from any MDR restaurant.  Personally, I think the separate menus is silly and just adds to a lot of confusion for people.

Personally, I like the Tuscan restaurant - I had amazingly great service there from Bwanhar back in April and one of their specialties is Creamy Tuscan Shrimp soup, which is one of my absolute favorites... though you can technically order it from any restaurant but I didn't realize that when I first chose Tuscan on night 1.

Ultimately, the "best" dining room will come down to which has the overall aesthetic you like best and the server team you connect with the best.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

Yes, you can order any MDR item from any MDR restaurant.  Personally, I think the separate menus is silly and just adds to a lot of confusion for people.

Personally, I like the Tuscan restaurant - I had amazingly great service there from Bwanhar back in April and one of their specialties is Creamy Tuscan Shrimp soup, which is one of my absolute favorites... though you can technically order it from any restaurant but I didn't realize that when I first chose Tuscan on night 1.

Ultimately, the "best" dining room will come down to which has the overall aesthetic you like best and the server team you connect with the best.

Good to know, thank you!  That shrimp soup sounds delicious.  I will definitely try it.  🙂

7 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

Agree and with the size of those big clunky menus, compiling them into one, perhaps with the menu cover reflecting the venue, would be so much more efficient for all.