Cruise ship activity Bucket List

lenquixote66

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

While I'm not sure whether I'd call it a 'bucket list' activity, the number one thing I'd like to see onboard a cruise I book is a lecturer (or preferably lecturers) who give talks that are based on the itinerary for the cruise. I don't want to hear about current state of US--Russia relations when I'm on a cruise in Asia....

Lecturers should be: 1) expert and up to date in their topic; 2) be able to speak compellingly; and 3) be willing to answer questions.

And just talking about the excursions sold by the cruise line does not count as a lecturer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SelectSys said:

I never have seen nor heard about any on board activity that would rise to the level of being a “bucket list” item for me.

Yes.  I, and I think others, took that to mean things I like to do or would like to do. Things like maybe staying in a suite.  For me another might be steering the ship.  I'm not holding my breath on that one.      

6 hours ago, ldubs said:

Yes.  I, and I think others, took that to mean things I like to do or would like to do. Things like maybe staying in a suite.  For me another might be steering the ship.  I'm not holding my breath on that one.      

Got it.  I guess my imagination was a little bit too constrained in thinking about the question.  

I do like the idea of steering the ship!  That takes things up a level or two although I agree it’s a tough one to pull off.  The closest I will likely get to steering was during our river cruise last spring where the captain allowed passengers to enter the wheelhouse quite frequently.