"Live" Coral Princess, 32 Days, Oct 17th to Nov 17th, Singapore-Asia-Los Angeles (+Week in Singapore pre-cruise)

LACruiser88

16 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Not yet.  I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

I went to the Fitness Center this morning.  Again, I forgot how small it is in comparison to the Grand and Royal class ships.  Only two Elliptical machines and nine Treadmills!  And, they are not Precor.  I do not care for the brand onboard, no TV's.  I bring my tablet so that does not affect me, but I heard several others complaining about it.

We are now in our "Happy Place!"

20241018_095447.thumb.jpg.412296cef55258edb35e3d7e55e4d728.jpg

20241018_094818.thumb.jpg.3a45d0ee39263ef2dede861f4b3fc933.jpg

Oh I love that you are back in the Sanctuary!!  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NownZen said:

We are getting closer with the room. At first I thought they were being clever to help us. The air conditioning is not working properly in our section and the room is about 60 degrees independent of the thermostat settings. If we get out of a shower in those temperatures it would be uncomfortable. However, now that the shower is "working" I see that the problem is that the water is only tepid no matter the shower setting. So I can have a short shower. We may just leave the balcony door open to warm up the room although that will do nothing for the water temperature.

We had that problem with the shower on Coral last year. The water was always tepid and no matter what I did with the two taps, nothing changed. Plumbers visited twice and one improvement lasted a day and then went back to the same problem. I was only on board for 7 days but a much longer cruise would have been a bigger problem for me. Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

Thank you so much for that info. Very interesting. 
Previously you mentioned the MDR was not full. Are the SD venues full? 

Last night (formal night), the Crown Grill and Sabatini's were a ghost town!  We went to the MDR at 7:30 and it was packed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

We had that problem with the shower on Coral last year. The water was always tepid and no matter what I did with the two taps, nothing changed. Plumbers visited twice and one improvement lasted a day and then went back to the same problem. I was only on board for 7 days but a much longer cruise would have been a bigger problem for me. Good luck.

We were in room D630 a Vista Suite on the voyage to Singapore. The water was warm for the whole 11 days even in Fremantle. Have never had cold water come out of a tap on any Princess ship. We let the ice melt and put that in a drink bottle we bring along and then keep it in the fridge. But if you have a drinks package just get bottles of water every time you go pass a bar and store them in the fridge.

The air conditioning in our room was terrible. They came and looked at it and said that was the best they could do. On disembarkation day our room steward even admitted that it was too warm in our room. Our friends on the other side had beautiful cold air coming out so I also think it depends on who attends the call. Just keep pestering them until it’s fixed to your satisfaction.

2 hours ago, Pzbcruiser said:

Many thanks for the updates. Looking forward to an upcoming cruise on the Coral. May I ask what the current charges are for the Sanctuary, full and half day? Were they offering any discounts for multiple days or full voyage? Cabana pricing? Again, thanks 

We will be in the Sanctuary again on our next sea day, which is on Monday.  I'll ask about all the specific pricing....

• Like 1

More Coral humor. We have an early excursion and we're worried about accounting for the time zone change so I got up past 2am to set things according to the TV time which I assumed would be correct. It was and still is not correct so we got up at 4am along with a number of others. Apparently the clocks by the pool are correct but I cannot see them from my room.

We now have a shower but the temperature control does nothing and you need to be tough to deal with the temperature. The room is still at 60 degrees (dolphin forward).

Went to guest services again. It was relatively quiet at 4am but there were a few calls asking the time. Lots of people at the buffet wondering about the time.

I am wondering what was done at the drydock where they had three weeks to catch up on maintenance. Even big things like the bank of elevators that are out of service.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Plus Package- 600

Old Premier-   200

New Premier- 40

The percentages sometimes come up on the board. Based on your earlier provided count of 1951 passengers, 57% went Standard,  31% Plus, 10% Old Premier, 2% New Premier.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NownZen said:

More Coral humor. We have an early excursion and we're worried about accounting for the time zone change so I got up past 2am to set things according to the TV time which I assumed would be correct. It was and still is not correct so we got up at 4am along with a number of others. Apparently the clocks by the pool are correct but I cannot see them from my room.

I always just use the wake up call service on the cabin phone. Even during time zone changes it has never failed me.

I use the time on the LED screen on the phone as the correct time and I have never seen it wrong.

Edited by leck57
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

@Tranquility Base, Yes, Princess normally docks at Yokohama for the Tokyo stop, think of it like  Civitavecchia for Rome or San Pedro for Los Angeles.

Thanks.

I just thought it unusual that no mention is made on the info sheet of Yokohama.

Also, that the port authority would be offering free shuttles into Tokyo.

Unusual for such a distance.

7 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

Thank you so much for that info. Very interesting. 
Previously you mentioned the MDR was not full. Are the SD venues full? 

We passed by The Crown Grill and Sabbatini's around 8:30 last night and they were both virtually empty.  Maybe they were busier earlier.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

The percentages sometimes come up on the board. Based on your earlier provided count of 1951 passengers, 57% went Standard,  31% Plus, 10% Old Premier, 2% New Premier.

So much for Princess's claim that 75-80% of the passengers buy a package. 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, NownZen said:

Shower diverter does not work,

I spent yesterday getting the diverter valve changed out. Took all day but I just kept calling. Ours was frozen in the shower position and my wife hates getting in the shower with it going.

• Like 1

Today ended up being a FANTASTIC day!  But, before I get to the good part, I need to get the bad part out of the way.

We had the worst Water Shuttle rides of our life today!  The ride in to port was definitely the worst.  Not only was it long (35 mins) hot & humid, but the roughest ever.  There were three people using seasickness bags.  That did not help.

On the way back it was a bit shorter and not as hot.  But, it was still very rough.

Now to the good stuff.  After getting off the ride from hell, we started negotiating with the throng of independent tour sellers and taxi drivers at the pier.

We were interested in going to the Elephant Sanctuary. Prices started at $100 for the ride, plus the $27.50 USD pp admission ticket.  After discussions with 6 or so of them, we settled with a nice young lady taxi  driver for $60 USD.

She was extremely friendly and spoke decent English.  She drove us 30 minutes to the Sanctuary.  There she introduced us to the Sanctuary operators and waited during the hour we were with the elephants.

What an experience it was to feed them and be so up close and personal with them!  They are extremely intelligent and sensitive animals.  This is an experience we will never forget.

20241019_114152.thumb.jpg.1caa5ac26ac414df8a84a9b9494bd51c.jpg

20241019_114213.thumb.jpg.87b5c58fd3f180247fa63c176f9f4429.jpg

20241019_115939.thumb.jpg.ef67a6fd5a04a3e1f61863382f3d18fd.jpg

20241019_120005.thumb.jpg.189c3c669fe87981f155a9fc3440efb0.jpg

20241019_120008.thumb.jpg.0f682e7d316f9fae2ac6b340242686f0.jpg

20241019_120631.thumb.jpg.8b453f88f8c6e8cb92fcbd087c8f39f3.jpg

20241019_120646(0).thumb.jpg.27e0be3e3e18ccb4af85c96bb5386e27.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 16

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Today ended up being a FANTASTIC day!  But, before I get to the good part, I need to get the bad part out of the way.

We had the worst Water Shuttle rides of our life today!  The ride in to port was definitely the worst.  Not only was it long (35 mins) hot & humid, but the roughest ever.  There were three people using seasickness bags.  That did not help.

On the way back it was a bit shorter and not as hot.  But, it was still very rough.

Now to the good stuff.  After getting off the ride from hell, we started negotiating with the throng of independent tour sellers and taxi drivers at the pier.

We were interested in going to the Elephant Sanctuary. Prices started at $100 for the ride, plus the $27.50 USD pp admission ticket.  After discussions with 6 or so of them, we settled with a nice young lady taxi  driver for $60 USD.

She was extremely friendly and spoke decent English.  She drove us 30 minutes to the Sanctuary.  There she introduced us to the Sanctuary operators and waited during the hour we were with the elephants.

What an experience it was to feed them and be so up close and personal with them!  They are extremely intelligent and sensitive animals.  This is an experience we will never forget.

20241019_114152.thumb.jpg.1caa5ac26ac414df8a84a9b9494bd51c.jpg

20241019_114213.thumb.jpg.87b5c58fd3f180247fa63c176f9f4429.jpg

20241019_115939.thumb.jpg.ef67a6fd5a04a3e1f61863382f3d18fd.jpg

20241019_120005.thumb.jpg.189c3c669fe87981f155a9fc3440efb0.jpg

20241019_120008.thumb.jpg.0f682e7d316f9fae2ac6b340242686f0.jpg

20241019_120631.thumb.jpg.8b453f88f8c6e8cb92fcbd087c8f39f3.jpg

20241019_120646(0).thumb.jpg.27e0be3e3e18ccb4af85c96bb5386e27.jpg

ok.....your pics with these incredible animals just forced my wife to move a visit there WAY up on our  list....thank you and safe travels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1