Magic carpet suites

Chrisjihntravel

We have stayed in Magic Carpet suites but never below deck 9.  The suite itself is comfortable and has a large balcony.  The suites on each end have some obstructed view due to the large orange structure that houses the MC mechanism.  The end ones do have a window allowing another view.  That window allows others in the cabin near by to look into your balcony. You can also see in those cabins.

In a regular Sky Suite the bed faces the ocean and there is a sliding mirror in the bathroom that affords of view of the ocean as well.   MC SS bed faces a wall and no view from the bathroom to the Ocean. 

• Like 1

We love the Retreat but will typically only book a cruise if we can get a suite for $400 pp/day or less. We really enjoy the embarkation lounge, extra space in the room, Luminae, better towels, and generally not having to deal with crowds on the cruise. By the time you add on the premium drink package and wi-fi to a veranda room, the differential isn't really that much. We have had Magic Carpet suites on 2 Edge class ships. The MC only goes past your room once or twice a day for 5 minutes (no one is on it) so that is no bother. The balcony is large and I recommend booking one of the MC suites on either end which gives you a great view forward or aft. The only issue is the closet placement next to the bed which is a poor design the way the door opens.  To enter the MC suite there is a small interior hallway from the main hallway and then another door to enter your room. I will say I prefer the room layout of a regular Sky Suite on Edge class ship but the MC is always cheaper. 

• Like 1

My only reservation about that cabin is that it is on deck 6.    What is below it?   Deck 5 that is a part of the common area and above the Raw on 5.     Can be very loud during the evening from the activities going on in that area.  

The other is all of the Retreat areas are on the upper decks at the bow.   The MC cabins are more in the middle  of the ship.   You will have a little distance to walk to the elevators or stairs.  Even if you are capable of using the stairs those areas are many flights up from deck 6.  They are on 15 thru 17.   So for the most part you will always using the elevators instead of the stairs for a few decks if you were on the decks where most suites are located.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

We have stayed in an MC suite. We loved it! The room was a nice size. The price was a bit better than a sky suite. Loved the retreat. Worth every penny if you can get a good deal. The attention to detail by the Retreat staff is amazing. 

In the interest of full disclosure, (this is a phrase that I have learned to dread hearing from my adult children), I should say that we loved it UNTIL we sailed in a sky suite. I don't sail in anything higher than a sky suite because I am afraid. . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tudy said:

I don't sail in anything higher than a sky suite because I am afraid. . .

You have every reason to be.  USA (Upper Suite Addiction) is a real condition.  It may now be recognized by the APA, and AFAIK, there is no known cure once contracted.  Its effects can only be moderated somewhat by reviewing photos of past cruises.

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2024 at 3:30 PM, OceanCruise said:

We love the Retreat but will typically only book a cruise if we can get a suite for $400 pp/day or less. We really enjoy the embarkation lounge, extra space in the room, Luminae, better towels, and generally not having to deal with crowds on the cruise. By the time you add on the premium drink package and wi-fi to a veranda room, the differential isn't really that much. We have had Magic Carpet suites on 2 Edge class ships. The MC only goes past your room once or twice a day for 5 minutes (no one is on it) so that is no bother. The balcony is large and I recommend booking one of the MC suites on either end which gives you a great view forward or aft. The only issue is the closet placement next to the bed which is a poor design the way the door opens.  To enter the MC suite there is a small interior hallway from the main hallway and then another door to enter your room. I will say I prefer the room layout of a regular Sky Suite on Edge class ship but the MC is always cheaper. 

I think I will go ahead and book the magic carpet suite is only $200 more per person for the entire cruise after factoring in premium drinks and wifi to the balcony aqua class we were going to get. I think we are going during a slow time so maybe that’s why? It sounds like it’s worth the upgrade! 

• Like 1

We now enjoy the suite life- however on an upcoming cruise the price differential from an S1 to a Magic Carpet sky suite was $800.00  .   We have decided that since we love the suite lounge and deck, we will try the magic carpet sky suite.  We booked one with a window on the balcony on the 9th deck.  We just got off the symphony of the seas and we were in a grand suite- however across our hallway was a group of loud people.  On the celebrity beyond the Magic carpet sky suite in off of a private hallway- this will minimize hallway noises. 

Another nod to the MC suite.  We had one on deck 9 on Edge and it faced aft via a port hole and the traditional side view.  The balcony is larger than the S1 and it's also nicely shaded, which is important to me.  I would steer clear of deck 6 though as you could encounter noise from below. The MC only passed by once or twice throughout the cruise (that we saw) and it wasn't intrusive at all.  Highly recommend!