Unlimited Premier Dining

pedirn

5 hours ago, cruisepest said:

The real problem is what does "unlimited" mean ? 

Sep 23, 2024  1. lacking any controls : unrestricted; unlimited access. 2. boundless, infinite; unlimited possibilities. 3. not bounded by exceptions : 

The above is from Webster's dictionary. 

The problem is Princess is saying something is unlimited and then putting restrictions on it. That makes it not unlimited and could be seen as false advertising.

Federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The FTC enforces these truth-in-advertising ...

Princess is walking a fine line with the new "Unlimited Promotions"

If you want to play semantics, dining means to eat a meal, typically the main meal of the day, dinner.

Princess is offering unlimited dining, not unlimited food. You can dine as often as you want in a specialty restaurant, but you aren't entitled to eat an unlimited amount of food.

You may think it is misleading but only because you looked up the definition of unlimited and didn't look up the definition of dining.

FWIW - I posted this in a thread way way back when Premier changed, and I was "pooh poohed" for noting that they specifically stated "prix fixe" meals for specialty dining under unlimited.

Go figure.

I, for one, had no illusion that it meant I could order unlimited amounts of whatever the heck I wanted off the menu at any time

.I figured dining would be same as without a package.. essentially, one item from each course, upcharge for a second entree, as per how it's been for years...

Yes, Princess has been very opaque about unlimited with regards to the casual dining, and it's been very ship and personnel dependent on whether you could have multiple items or were restricted to the set 3 course prix fixe, etc..  apparently, they're going the same way with unlimited specialty... Opaque and unclear and likely ship/personnel dependent..   

Annoying, for sure..

And yes, we cruise MSc frequently - and they're dining packages and free specialty dining for Diamond is a set prix fixe menu, with anything else available at an upcharge... 

Screenshot_20241003-162725.png

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

I don't know how many times I said: COVER CHARGE ITEMS ARE NOT, REPEAT, NOT PART OF THE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter how many times you provide misinformation, it is still misinformation.

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I posted Kai menu in #23. Here’s a portion of that menu. This is  a sample menu not necessarily from The Sun. Set menu cover charge is spelled out whether you have a package or just want to go and pay the cover charge if on standard cruise fare.

IMG_1799.thumb.jpeg.95968b4833dd54781d53e639995b4ef9.jpeg

I don’t think that this is the same menu that the YouTuber flashed on the screen. If anyone is on the Sun Princess will you please post the menu for Makoto Ocean. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It doesn't matter how many times you provide misinformation, it is still misinformation.

Not you again!

Get lost!

Like someone else said, your a TOTAL CLOWN. JOIN THE CIRCUS.

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

There's no choice of the gelato flavour. I'm not wasting calories on vanilla. 

I’m allergic to dairy products so I can only have dairy free sorbet or a slushy. Total bummer because that gelato stuff looks really good.