HONEYMOON on the Utopia - Live stream and live updates! Oct 7 - 11

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." as well as your WEDDING! Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

iamchrisstone was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello cruise community!

I just got married yesterday and our honeymoon is this brand new ship.  WE ARE STOKED!  Rebekah (ummm, that would be my bride) has never been on a cruise and I can't wait for her to experience this.  If any of you see us, please say hi.  You don't have to buy us drinks or do anything special, but I think she would get a tickle out of random people congratulating her.  However, I do understand that with 7,000 people on board (or however many), it's unlikely to see  anyone that is on the forum.

Ok, for the fun part - hopefully.  My PLAN is to get the internet package and livestream different parts of the ship and events.  I will probably do it on my adventure based youtube channel because I know not everyone has facebook, but I will post in here.  I figured with this being a brand new ship, many people may have questions.  If  you want to see something specific, please let me know and I will try to capture it.  I love how interactive the cruise community is!  I also intend to do live updates of our time on the ship in this same thread, however it may only be at the end of each day as we wind down. I hope that is ok.

She doesn't quite understand how us RCC people do the duck thing.  I like to bring 10 or 12 and just place them in random places.  She got such a huge kick out of this concept it got me thinking.....  Would anyone want to bless her with some ducks or little notes if I put a note on our door?  I hate asking for stuff but for those of you that like giving out the little duckies like I do, I figured this would be cool.  If we do, we'll end up making a video just of the ducks and giving a shoutout to everyone that participates.

I can't wait to get on this ship, even if a hurricane chases us down!

I'm going to try to post a couple of pictures or video in this so that you guys know what we look like.  And our room number is 11631, however i may change because we did bid on other rooms.  If it changes, I will update it.

IMG_8279.thumb.jpg.4c28e939565f3c35f013cbc712761f3c.jpgIMG_DD377CD5F3D5-1.thumb.jpeg.6c3cbeba8c9593b1dc8137122b5de7c1.jpegIMG_C8B417B0E1CE-1.thumb.jpeg.3094317993479a8a58711a32e4a6e48a.jpegIMG_159D3350E489-1.thumb.jpeg.58228d3d7aec1f2d5da88807df76143f.jpeg

Edited by iamchrisstone
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Congratulations!

Hoping you join the "Love and Marriage" show.:classic_smile:

AHHHH I didn't even know about this!  Thanks Bonsai. I will look it up!

Edited by iamchrisstone
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations🥂

Hope you have lots of fun on your cruise.

Thanks Sunshine!  I've been on many cruises so I know that I will.  She never has so I'm probably more excited for her other get these experiences.

• Like 2

Congrats!  We took our honeymoon cruise on Harmony leaving 10/7/2018.  Livestreaming lasted about 3 minutes from our balcony once onboard until my wife looked at me and said ***** are you doing? 🙂

I hope you enjoy Utopia.  I'll be on her in a little over a month and I can't wait.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

There's only so many things that should be live streamed during a honeymoon

hahaha these comments are great.  I'm getting such a kick out of them, because I didn't even think of these things LOL.  you all are great!

1 minute ago, silentbob007 said:

Congrats!  We took our honeymoon cruise on Harmony leaving 10/7/2018.  Livestreaming lasted about 3 minutes from our balcony once onboard until my wife looked at me and said ***** are you doing? 🙂

I hope you enjoy Utopia.  I'll be on her in a little over a month and I can't wait.

Thanks Silent Bob.  Yeah, she may not be a fan of me live streaming and I will honor what she wishes, but I think she is totally ok with it.

I went on the Symphony which I'm told is nearly identical to the Harmony besides the shows.  I absolutely loved it!

If anyone is reading this far down, quick question.  If this hurricane is as brutal as they are predicting is sitting on top of Orlando Friday morning, do you guys think they will bring us back in a day later or what are your thoughts?

In the past, I've heard of cruise lines bringing the ship in a day early, but that would probably be worse, or circling out in sea until they can bring the guests in safely.

I know this is all speculation, but curious everyone's thoughts and more curious if any of you have experienced something similar in the past.

2 minutes ago, iamchrisstone said:

Ahhhh!!! Sweet!   Come find us.  Planning on having a blast!

Absolutely!!! Same deck too 😂 We have a noon boarding time tomorrow. Let’s plan an afternoon meet up!! 

anyone else on sailing join us too!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1