Dress up nights

This topic has been discussed multiple times, on a 7 day cruise typically day two- and day six.  Can vary on longer and shorter cruises.  You will have this information on your app when you board and also in the daily planner left in your cabin.  Figure one white night- and one caribbean night- but the days can vary.

I would contact a person who has recently been on your ship and ask.  Find them on a roll call.  Enjoy your cruise.

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

This topic has been discussed multiple times, on a 7 day cruise typically day two- and day six.  Can vary on longer and shorter cruises.  You will have this information on your app when you board and also in the daily planner left in your cabin.  Figure one white night- and one caribbean night- but the days can vary.

I would contact a person who has recently been on your ship and ask.  Find them on a roll call.  Enjoy your cruise.

Yup. Especially night 2 for pretty much any length. 5-8 for the second depending on the length and itinerary. 

The only exception to 2 was for Christmas and New Year celebrations if they are early in a cruise- at least for us. Things can be always done differently. 

10 minutes ago, cruiseaholic777 said:

How can I find what nights are formal and other dress up nights (white night or caribbean night)?

Set the app to the current/similar sailing and assume what you see there will be the same on your sailing. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseaholic777 said:

Where do I find current/similar sailing in my app? I don't see it.

At the bottom of the main page (outside of any booking) there should be a link to a Add a cruise and toward the bottom of that page there's a link to "Browse our ships".

4 hours ago, George C said:

On rccl on dress up night people wear there best shorts and T-shirts.

Or tuxedos, or suits, or dress shirts and nice trousers.  Or gowns, dresses, nice slacks.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2024 at 9:28 AM, Biker19 said:

Set the app to the current/similar sailing and assume what you see there will be the same on your sailing. 

Biker19, the app won’t let me select any sailing except for my own.  How do I set it for a different sailing?

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Or tuxedos, or suits, or dress shirts and nice trousers.  Or gowns, dresses, nice slacks.

I took a tux on about 50 cruises from mid 1980’s to late 2010’s , but since nobody else was wearing them I stopped . Rccl is the most casual dressed lines we cruise , but ever celebrity is very casual now .

• Like 1

I will admit to being one who only brings shorts on my cruises. A main reason to cruise for me is to escape winter's long icy cold grasp and to relax. Shorts and a good book on a quiet place on the boat is my ideal situation. If long pants are requested, I just avoid those spots, like the MDR. To each their own.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Countdown to 2030 said:

Biker 19,

The app won’t let me select any sailing other than mine. How can I look at earlier dates?

There are other apps that have listings of all cruisers, not sure if you can list them. 

1 minute ago, Airbear232 said:

There are other apps that have listings of all cruisers, not sure if you can list them. 

Any other app won't have the detail the RCI app has, which is what I assume the poster is looking for.

47 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Any other app won't have the detail the RCI app has, which is what I assume the poster is looking for.

True but other apps can narrow down the length and ship faster, then they can search for the specific compass. 

6 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

True but other apps can narrow down the length and ship faster, then they can search for the specific compass. 

The OP already knows what ship they are on and if they wanted to look at a Compass they can do that directly at the RCI blog, without needing to look elsewhere. 

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The OP already knows what ship they are on and if they wanted to look at a Compass they can do that directly at the RCI blog, without needing to look elsewhere. 

They wanted to look a compass from a similar sailing to know when different events occur. 

5 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

They wanted to look a compass from a similar sailing to know when different events occur. 

You must be reading a different post/thread than me.