Newibe another question this time about dress code

jth5898

is it ok for a guy to wear kayak shorts to in the main dining room main seating all nights, but formal night which we will problem just not each in the main dining room because we do not want to pack formal clothes

On Royal Caribbean, the only time shorts are allowed in the dining room at dinner is the first night because they expect that not everybody will have their luggage by then. You can wear your shorts in the dining room at breakfast and lunch.

Shorts aren't allowed in the dining room for dinner. On formal nights, which has the best food of the entire cruise, the minimum you'll need is dress slacks, dress shirt, tie and sport coat. If you try and enter the dining room in shorts, even on casual nights, you will be asked to leave and return when properly dressed.

Never seen "kayak" shorts before. Maybe Khaki. Oops do I get a penalty too for corrective spelling? LOL.

:o Thanks to all who gave helpful advice. I have a dyslexia and spelling is very hard for me. :rolleyes: I am glad it makes you (Cruisinbuddy) feel better to make fun of me. But once again I do really thank all the others who answer the question. I am very excited about my first cruise.

jth,

we were all newbies at one time and we've all had our share of questions to be answered. We did Carnival Fascination for a 3 nighter 2 years ago and we did the informal dining room the whole time. They never saw us in the formal dining room, not once. That was our choice because we did a golf package on land once we came back from the cruise (in Miami) and we had so many clothes that we just didn't have room for anything else. It's your cruise and you decide where you want to go to eat.

Hoya,

I thought exactly the same thing! Somehow we're "meanies" because we're supposed to figure out the the OP is dyslexic and in their language kayak and khaki are the same word. There's an excuse for everything.

Roz

:o Thanks to all who gave helpful advice. I have a dyslexia and spelling is very hard for me. :rolleyes: I am glad it makes you (Cruisinbuddy) feel better to make fun of me. But once again I do really thank all the others who answer the question. I am very excited about my first cruise.

Have a great cruise! One note about Royal Caribbean. If you decide you don't want to eat in the dining room for dinner, frequently the Windjammer (the buffet) will have many of the same choices and won't be crowded at all. You can also order most items off the dining room menu from room service - as long as it is during the hours the dining room is opened.

• Administrators
Hoya,

I thought exactly the same thing! Somehow we're "meanies" because we're supposed to figure out the the OP is dyslexic and in their language kayak and khaki are the same word. There's an excuse for everything.

Roz

From our Community Guidelines, which everyone agreed to upon becoming a member:

Spelling and Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Archived