NCL Switched our Cabin assignment for June!

By the way, it now it appears to a moot issue, for some reason almost all catagories including AB's have been pulled from the website. Its funny though that the catagories completely disappeared, when other cataogies are full (click on AC for example), the error screen pops up to tell you that the catagory is sold out. ("no more availability-ship") Funny how they pulled some of the catagories completely.

Not to complicate this any further but...

AB and AF categories are still showing for 6/24 sailing. (I didn't check if they connect)

Can all concerned switch to 6/24??

Good Luck

A comment about NCL's erroneous claim that the website is 3 days behind. A few weeks ago I made an online reservation for a cruise this fall. During the final part of the process the website hung up and wouldn't complete the transaction. I called NCL and they attempted to complete it for me, but the cabin was no longer available; of course, I had taken it out of availability. While I was on the telephone I turned to my computer and released it, whereupon it was immediately available to the NCL representative, and she completed the reservation at that time. So much for claiming the website is behind.

Not to complicate this any further but...

AB and AF categories are still showing for 6/24 sailing. (I didn't check if they connect)

Can all concerned switch to 6/24??

Good Luck

Nice thought Cosmo (hope you don't mind me calling you that...) but since we are within a month, vacation schedules for most cannot be changed. Remember there are 3 other rooms of people involved in this. (14 people total)

I'm not sure why all the cabins disappeared in one day though....

Probably because someone booked them! Are you sure that you weren't bumped from the connecting AF's because of the crib? I remember reading somewhere that the connecting AF's will not accommodate a crib because then the connecting door won't open! That would then make sense- NCL had to move you from your connecting AF's once you brought your nephew (and his crib) in and so they gave you alternative AF's (non-connecting) which would accommodate the crib. Seems reasonable- especially if the balconies connect

Probably because someone booked them! Are you sure that you weren't bumped from the connecting AF's because of the crib? I remember reading somewhere that the connecting AF's will not accommodate a crib because then the connecting door won't open! That would then make sense- NCL had to move you from your connecting AF's once you brought your nephew (and his crib) in and so they gave you alternative AF's (non-connecting) which would accommodate the crib. Seems reasonable- especially if the balconies connect

Chris: You still don't get it or else you are stretching to try and pass blame away from NCL.

The nephew we brought to our cabin was the 5 year old, not the one in the crib. Once the 5 year old moved, the sofa bed would not be needed to open and the crib could fit there. (that was told to us by an NCL rep). So there was then no need to move us. Besides, why would they need to move both of our rooms? Why not just move the people in the room with the crib? Why move both room groups unless they wanted the connecting rooms for someone else. I just firmly believe that NCL moved us to take care of some "special" people. (I know I will get flamed for that, but that is my belief and opinion and am entitled to it.)

Keystone...I think you're the most patient person on this board. :) You continue to explain your situation over and over to every new member that shows up with an opinion. You're far more patient than I am. ;)

I just firmly believe that NCL moved us to take care of some "special" people. (I know I will get flamed for that, but that is my belief and opinion and am entitled to it.)
I'm behind you 100% except for this. I really don't think "special" people would get this level of room. Maybe if it was an owner's suite or Penthouse or Garden Villa...but an AF? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You guys got bumped. The rooms were then available for someone else. They were booked by someone else. You realize the problem and want those rooms back but NCL says they had to move you and they aren't going to move those people that booked your old rooms. For some reason they thought they had cause to move you but they don't think they have cause to move the new people. I'd be so angry (which is why you're far more patient than me; I'd have made a stink then canceled) and not given NCL anymore money.

I just firmly believe that NCL moved us to take care of some "special" people. (I know I will get flamed for that, but that is my belief and opinion and am entitled to it.)

I think (and that is all any of us can do) it is more likely that NCL moved you before you decided to move folks around without your knowledge. Not a good thing:mad: Once you came up with a solution that solved the problem those cabins were already gone.

If that is the case they never should have released them but I have a very hard time buying into the special people grassy knoll theory. I would not be surprised the folks in those two cabins don't even know each other and didn't want adjoining cabins:eek:

I

Chris: You still don't get it or else you are stretching to try and pass blame away from NCL.

The nephew we brought to our cabin was the 5 year old, not the one in the crib. Once the 5 year old moved, the sofa bed would not be needed to open and the crib could fit there. (that was told to us by an NCL rep). So there was then no need to move us. Besides, why would they need to move both of our rooms? Why not just move the people in the room with the crib? Why move both room groups unless they wanted the connecting rooms for someone else. I just firmly believe that NCL moved us to take care of some "special" people. (I know I will get flamed for that, but that is my belief and opinion and am entitled to it.)

You won't get flamed by me. I am 100% in your corner and hope you get a satisfactory resolution. From reading these boards seems like NCL talks out of both sides of their collective mouths.

Host Cecelia is right. You are a Saint with the patience you have dealing with incompetence at NCL and the people trying to blame you for this mess.

Bill

You won't get flamed by me. I am 100% in your corner and hope you get a satisfactory resolution. From reading these boards seems like NCL talks out of both sides of their collective mouths.

Host Cecelia is right. You are a Saint with the patience you have dealing with incompetence at NCL and the people trying to blame you for this mess.

Bill

I echo the comments about your patience. I also have found you to be very helpful on these boards and I am still amazed at your support of NCL and your willingness to provide answers to questions in spite of what NCL is doing for you. You also don't get upset when these people try to twist your story. What great patience.

If NCL was smart, they would hire you to do their PR work! (and that is why is amazes me that they haven't done anything to help you)

Your story and the lack of response by NCL to do anything is weighing heavily on my mind as I prepare to present to my family vacation options. But I still remember something you said, "do what is best for your situation and family" and for that reason have not ruled NCL out...yet

Finally, what does "flamed" mean. (I am still a newbie at this)

Finally, what does "flamed" mean. (I am still a newbie at this)

Flamed/Flaming refers to the berating of a person in an Internet newsgroup, Web forum or e-mail list by others in the group

n.) A searing e-mail or newsgroup message in which the writer attacks another participant in overly harsh, and often personal, terms. Flames are an unfortunate, but inevitable, element of unmoderated

Most of these posts end up in the post bucket here.

Cecilia, Shoreguy, Mayhalf, Cosmo, et al: Thanks so much for the support. I am blushing:o :o Too many things get confused on here and I just want to be clear. I am not some overbearing NCL hater who wants a free cabin, I would like the connecting cabins, but I have given up on that one. The only thing I can hope for now is that NCL learns to be more honest and truthful in their dealings. Why say things like the website is three days behind when everyone on here knows different.

I have been on NCL through thick and thin. Didn't complain when the POA cruise wasn't perfect, etc. But this whole incident has led me to think about trying another line next summer. Not sure which one, I'll get peoples advice on that later.

Oh well, on to more pleasant thoughts......

Mayhalf: I don't think NCL would want me in their PR department.... I like to tell it like it is, the good, the bad and the ugly.

As you all know I appreciate everyone's opinion and responses. Its like I say on here alot, I may not agree with everything you say, but I will fight like h.... for your right to say it.

Now....how about that group hug.............:D :D :D

I don't get the NCL website. Earlier today, it showed that my 6/17 cruise was completely gone. No rooms available. (after having a lot just two days ago.) Then tonight I go back on and there are 5 catagories including an owners suite and several AC cabins. What gives???

(there is an AC that connects to and AA....... just kidding...:D :D )

I agree.. I think Keystone has the patience of a saint... It's clearly an NCL mix up... But they should be responsible enough to 1. either give you a connecting room of equal value or upgrade you to a better connecting room for a small fee or 2. Move the others and give you your rooms back.... Why does NCL seem to think these other people are more important than you?? That is what is irritating me... No problem to move you guys but heaven forbid they move the others.... give me a break.... Very bad PR......

I don't get the NCL website. Earlier today, it showed that my 6/17 cruise was completely gone. No rooms available. (after having a lot just two days ago.) Then tonight I go back on and there are 5 catagories including an owners suite and several AC cabins. What gives???

(there is an AC that connects to and AA....... just kidding...:D :D )

Hey Keystone ~

NO kidding...there is an Owners 9006, connecting to AC 9002 AND AC 9000 (not connecting but next door to 9002) available. - 3 cabins!

And...if they don't allow a crib....the child can sleep in the King bed in the AA w/the adults or on the sofa! Bring your own porta-crib!

Plenty of balconies for you all.

Go for it!

YOU EARNED IT:) as an "upgrade" for aggravation;)

Hey Keystone ~

NO kidding...there is an Owners 9006, connecting to AC 9002 AND AC 9000 (not connecting but next door to 9002) available. - 3 cabins!

And...if they don't allow a crib....the child can sleep in the King bed in the AA w/the adults or on the sofa! Bring your own porta-crib!

Plenty of balconies for you all.

Go for it!

YOU EARNED IT:) as an "upgrade" for aggravation;)

Cosmo you no better - they will not book more then two into an AA or AC:( Don't give folks false hope

Keystone,

I have been following this thread since you originally posted your problem. Are you still attempting to resolve this with NCL, or is this just cc chatter and you have resolved to accept your lot?

I really hope you are still pursuing this with NCL to get all the real reasons. And I'm sure interested to know the final resolution.

One thought... I wonder if there was, is, or ever will be a reason for the move. Maybe they booked you into an already booked room, so hence moved you. Or maybe someone (NCL) made a mistake and double booked two folks into two rooms... oh my this can get confusing.

I just hope you are still actively pursuing this issue with NCL, and when it's finally resolved, I'd sure like to know how. You may never find out why, but how it's resolved is important.

You've probably answered this a million times, but when do you sail?

Cosmo, thanks for looking and the suggestion. But I already knew what Shoreguy pointed out.... it was an attempt at humor on my part. (hence the smileys) Just keeping the situation lively.

7Seaslover: I have basically given up any hope of getting anything out of NCL. We have done alot. My TA called many, many times with room openings that I found on line. She was continually told they were not available (along with the now infamous website is 3 days behind comment). She has called every name given to her and no one will call her back. She has spoke to many persons in reservations and the only one who will basically talk with her is a girl named Penny who keeps maintaining that there is nothing to be done.

I have wrote two polite letters to Colin Veitch, one about a month ago and nothing. (the nastiest things I said in the letters were that we are thinking about trying another line (true) and that I hope that he does something to stop the misinformation coming from the Customer Service Department).

We have not made any demands, just requests...either to have our old rooms back or for a price quote when the AB/AF connecting was available. Couldn't get either. Cancellation is really not an option because it involves 5 rooms of people and I can't ask others to give up their deposits.

I will continue to tell my story, but NCL has made it quite clear that they are going to do nothing and they are not going to answer. I think Shoreguy may have the only other plausible idea, that they moved us when my sister in law had too many people in her room. My only problems with that theory is 1.) why move us too and 2.) they tried twice to move her out of their cabin, the first time with a lie (not a four person cabin) that I caught by looking at their deck plans and cabin layout.

We got our docs on Wednesday so I believe the fight is probably over. Don't worry, I will continue to give advice on here and I will try to protect peoples right to say negative things about their experience, but it will be me going to the other boards looking for information for our cruise next year. I have stuck with NCL through thick and thin (I was on one of the original POA cruises in 2004 and although service was bad, I tried to defend NCL) because I like their ships, their itineraries and especially the Freestyle concept, but this incident and more importantly, their failure to do anything to even help the situation is more than I can accept.

Thanks for the support and I will keep you posted. BTW, anyone want to come over and help me plant the flowers and trim the trees today............:D :D :D (oh well, out to the yard...)

The only reason I could think that they moved you as well is the reservations were linked. If as I think is the case you are still in AFs next door to each other. Would have been an even bigger mess if they just moved her. Don't have time/energy to go back and check the facts.

You have a great attitude. I think Shoreguy may have it the way it happened. Linked rooms, too many in one, so the move impacted two staterooms.

Still, they should have SAID so, or called your TA to say "Houston, we have a problem."

Best of luck and do have a wonderful cruise!!!

We got our docs on Wednesday so I believe the fight is probably over.
Sorry. I guess you'll always refer to this cruise as your Murphy's Law cruise. ;)
BTW, anyone want to come over and help me plant the flowers and trim the trees today...........:D :D :D (oh well, out to the yard...)
OK, my husband and I will help with your flowers and trees if you'll come and help us finish hardwood flooring about 500 square feet of our downstairs, install shelving in our laundry area, swap out all of our outlets (from tan to white), replace the two step staircase from the house to the garage, finish the shelving in the master closet, oh, and care for a 7 month old baby. That's how we're spending our long weekend. :D

Sorry. I guess you'll always refer to this cruise as your Murphy's Law cruise. ;) OK, my husband and I will help with your flowers and trees if you'll come and help us finish hardwood flooring about 500 square feet of our downstairs, install shelving in our laundry area, swap out all of our outlets (from tan to white), replace the two step staircase from the house to the garage, finish the shelving in the master closet, oh, and care for a 7 month old baby. That's how we're spending our long weekend. :D
Boy do you drive a hard bargain!!!! I bet planting the flowers will be quicker and easier than the little chores you have to do while taking care of the baby. LOL

Sorry. I guess you'll always refer to this cruise as your Murphy's Law cruise. ;) OK, my husband and I will help with your flowers and trees if you'll come and help us finish hardwood flooring about 500 square feet of our downstairs, install shelving in our laundry area, swap out all of our outlets (from tan to white), replace the two step staircase from the house to the garage, finish the shelving in the master closet, oh, and care for a 7 month old baby. That's how we're spending our long weekend. :D

NO THANK YOU........ My brother in law installed an new hardwood floor in his rental cabin in Tennessee and we went to help. He kept sending me to run errands (20 minutes down the mountain and then back). Found out later why.....I can't follow a straight line.

Found out later why.....I can't follow a straight line.
Apparently I can't either. :eek: I've been dismissed as helper. :cool: Now I'm full time baby watcher. Hmmm...how's that different from any other day? :p

You have a great attitude. I think Shoreguy may have it the way it happened. Linked rooms, too many in one, so the move impacted two staterooms.

Still, they should have SAID so, or called your TA to say "Houston, we have a problem."

Best of luck and do have a wonderful cruise!!!

I agree.

A phone call from NCL to discuss the "problem" would have avoided this whole thing.

Keystone ~

Wishing you and yours sunny skies and calm seas:)

Archived