NCL Switched our Cabin assignment for June!

With everything said here........and it is a lot:o .........The "happenings" on this reservation SHOULD be in the record.

I am dumbfounded that Customer Courtesy has not been called in to verify everything.........did the TA mess up....did NCL mess up? Keystone has the right to call and be told what is in the record...not through his TA, DIRECT to NCL.

IMO I think that the TA was notified of the mistake in booking and does not want to take responsibility.......I feel all of this is a "smoke screen", there is a hole that is being dug deeper and deeper:rolleyes:

Keystone, I know that you are loyal to your TA but , to me, something is fishy here IMO.

IMO I think that the TA was notified of the mistake in booking and does not want to take responsibility.......I feel all of this is a "smoke screen", there is a hole that is being dug deeper and deeper:rolleyes:

Keystone, I know that you are loyal to your TA but , to me, something is fishy here IMO.

Hear! Hear!

I created almost the same exact statement last night and decided not to post it. Now the sleeping dog is awake

No real basis but something just does not feel right with the limited facts we have. I just have to believe the TA new about this well before final payment. I have never made a change, a payment , or move and not had it followed up with a fax or email. In this case they would go to the TA.

That might explain the lake of escalation - They knew the answer

Everyone makes mistakes - NCL Miami more then their fair share - it may in fact be the case here but I am not certain it is.

BUT perhaps someone else was booked into that cabin who then got relocated and didn't notice until they got their documents.

Yes, but the change was made within 24 hours of the cabin being released months before the cruise. I happen to know it was only on hold. I was told that they needed to contact the other passengers and explained NCL had double booked the space before re-releasing it. That is what took the time.

I doubt any of us will ever know what really happened and I too feel the TA is partly at fault. Like everyone else we do make mistakes, whether it is entering things incorredtly, failing to notify our dlients of problems or whatever, but it is a good TA that can say "holy cow" I bleew that one. It isn't easy but it has to be done. I am sure NCL is partly to blame as well, but it is too late for corrections. Keystone, I know you are taking this is stride, will have a greeat trip and will report back to us. Good luck, NMNita

Keystone, I am sorry for what has happened to your reservations. My husband and I sailed on the Spirit in March and had some major issues during our cruise. When we returned we contacted Customer Relations and dealt with a gentleman by the name of Gabriel Roura. He was prompt in replying to us and handling our situation. If this may be of any help, we were able to reach him at 866-525-1164. Just ask for him and if he's not at his desk, he WILL call you back. I know it's close to your sail date, but maybe he can be of assistance to you.

Once again thanks for everyone's support. I still place the main blame two places: NCL and myself. NCL for switching us in the first place and myself for not checking the docs before final payment.

Now for some GOOD NEWS and some BAD NEWS.....

Good: TA called today, she has received a call from NCL. I really don't want to say anymore about that on here until we hear more.

Bad: I have to leave for Chicago for the weekend and won't be back until Monday so I can't report what happened.

Just call me Howie Mandel leaving you all hanging until Monday......

Once again thanks for everyone's support. I still place the main blame two places: NCL and myself. NCL for switching us in the first place and myself for not checking the docs before final payment.

Now for some GOOD NEWS and some BAD NEWS.....

Good: TA called today, she has received a call from NCL. I really don't want to say anymore about that on here until we hear more.

Bad: I have to leave for Chicago for the weekend and won't be back until Monday so I can't report what happened.

Just call me Howie Mandel leaving you all hanging until Monday......

Deal or No Deal?

Good Luck:)

DEAL!!!

Sorry to keep you hanging but I just got back. Everything kind of happened quickly on Friday. Oh, but look at the time.....gotta run.

just kidding.

NCL did come through! TA called on Thursday and said that "an NCL exectutive was working on the problem."

TA called on Friday about 3:45 p.m. with their offer, but all three of us in the cabins involved were on our ways to different places and cell phones not on. TA left messages that NCL wanted an answer within the hour. (more on that later)

TA called back at 4:15 and left second message and said that she had accepted the offer on our behalf because NCL was basically saying a decision had to be made or no deal. (funny that I used that game show metaphor in my last post.)

I got her message about 5:30, called my father in another part of the country and got his ok (more on why later) and called the TA back and left a message that we concurred.

The TA called back at 8:00 p.m. and we actually talked on the phone and she was so relieved that she had made the right choice.

Now for the solution:

NCL was able to not only get us connecting rooms in the AF catagory (which we had) for us and my sister in law and family BUT also a third room right next door to the connecting rooms to move my parents into! (which was never an original request). They apologized that they could not come up with a fourth room in a row for our friends in the other AF cabin. (again, not a request by us.)

Now for the kicker.....these rooms are two doors down from the rooms we originally started in and NCL moved us from. This makes our cabins once again close to my sister in laws' sister (does that make sense?) interior cabin!

I'm not sure how NCL was able to pull this off, but they did it. I also don't know what the final straw was that got them into action...whether it was the weekly baggering by my TA, my letters, the support that I was receiving from Shoreguy, Cecila, Cosmo and the many others on here. (I kept thinking about Open Seas comments), or a combination, but whatever it was, I am grateful!!

I honestly believed the day I received the documents that it was too late for changes, but I guess until sailing day, it is never too late. My faith in NCL is partially restored. I only have one real problem with the whole situation and that is the fact that NCL only gave our TA about an hour to get in contact with us and make a decision. Add to that the fact that it was a Friday. Any other week for the past 6 weeks that this has been going on and one or all of us would have been home or together, it just happened to be the weekend that we were all away. What if our TA had not taken a guess that we would like the deal and took it? Would they have said "sorry, we offered." We have been fighting this for six weeks, one weekend to get in touch with us would not have killed NCL!

(please don't attack me for that last statement, but I always have and always will speak my mind about the good and the bad!)

Once again thanks to everyone for your support!!!

Great news - I bet the folks who were in those AFs will stop by and shake your hand. My guess that just got the upsell of their lives.:D Thus the reason for a quick answer before those cabins went back in inventory.

It was again those that were reasonable having a good outcome:)

Thank you Keystone for thinking of me, but I'm sure my comments played little into the decision and if they did play a major role I ought to call for a job in their PR department!

I do think NCL has saved face with this decision and move. They have restored your confidence and I'm sure knew all along that you would post it on these boards. You will now go forward and be able to put a positive ending to the story when you report it in the future.

From a PR standpoint, the only thing NCL probably should have done differently (other than avoiding the whole mistake in the begining), would have been to give YOU and your family the upgrades.

As Shoreguy pointed out, NCL probably called those who were in your new cabins and offered them some sort of very nice upgrade, not upsell but upgrade since they had to get all three cabins emptied. That had to have cost them money, but in my opinion it is money they had to spend (or in this case, not make) in order to satisfy you. Why not spend the money on you? How much better would your future stories about this incident be if you were able to say "in order to solve our dilema and compensate us for the many weeks of stress that they put us through, they gave us great upgrades!" It just makes so much more sense.

NCL may not realize this, but in my opinion, you (along with Shoreguy, NewMexicoNita, Seahorse and Electricron) are the BEST PR instruments for NCL on this board. The five of you on here and the information that you provide for cruisers for NCL is worth more than three updgraded cabins. Again, I just don't think NCL knows how to use Cruise Critic to their advantage.

Regardless, congratulations on your victory and have a great cruise.

John

Now can someone answer why I type my post with indented paragraphs but it shows up left justified?

Congrats to you and yours Keystone. I have been following your saga since you first posted. I am so glad that NCL finally came through. I wouldn't have believed it possible at this late date either. Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

From a PR standpoint, the only thing NCL probably should have done differently (other than avoiding the whole mistake in the begining), would have been to give YOU and your family the upgrades.

As Shoreguy pointed out, NCL probably called those who were in your new cabins and offered them some sort of very nice upgrade, not upsell but upgrade since they had to get all three cabins emptied. Why not spend the money on you? How much better would your future stories about this incident be if you were able to say "in order to solve our dilema and compensate us for the many weeks of stress that they put us through, they gave us great upgrades!" It just makes so much more sense.

John

John, sorry to disagree a bit, but, as Keystone said, he is now still near the his family in the INSIDE cabin. If they had given him the supposed upgrade, then they wouldn't be near their family in the inside cabin probably. And, mabye the families in the three cabins were not travelling together, and they could be scattered around the ship, even with upgrades, where as Keystone was trying to make sure they stayed near and with their family. Just my ideas.

I am very glad for you. I know you were still going to make the best of it but I am sure it would of still have been on your mind the whole trip. It would of been on mine:o Enjoy yourself!!!

I am so glad that NCL finally took care of the issue.

I have to agree with John though that NCL should have granted you an upgrade. They put you through 6 weeks of lies and ignorance and now everbody is ready to forgive and forget. This never should have happened to Keystone in the first place except for NCL's mess up. Why not try to find cabins together in any catagory above what they already had instead of moving three families (six if you count Keystones 3). It was as if NCL wanted to "punish" Keystone for raising this stink so they made sure he wouldn't get an upgrade.

As far as wanting to keep his group together, Keystone himself asked NCL several times about the upsell to the AB/AF cabins that were open on NCL's website. Why not try to make that work three weeks ago. I have to think that NCL only helped Keystone in order to stop the negative publicity.

NCL is getting off with little responsibility for their actions and I just don't think it is fair.

Also, who is to say that the three people that they upgraded to get Keystone's cabins were the next in line for upgrades. Someone else now may be shafted out of upgrades. NCL still looks bad in my eyes.

I have to agree with John though that NCL should have granted you an upgrade. They put you through 6 weeks of lies and ignorance and now everbody is ready to forgive and forget.

I must have missed that. What lies :confused: Nobody is even sure who caused the problem. The fact is it is fixed.

I have to agree with John though that NCL should have granted you an upgrade. They put you through 6 weeks of lies and ignorance and now everbody is ready to forgive and forget. This never should have happened to Keystone in the first place except for NCL's mess up. Why not try to find cabins together in any catagory above what they already had instead of moving three families (six if you count Keystones 3). It was as if NCL wanted to "punish" Keystone for raising this stink so they made sure he wouldn't get an upgrade.

As far as wanting to keep his group together, Keystone himself asked NCL several times about the upsell to the AB/AF cabins that were open on NCL's website. Why not try to make that work three weeks ago. I have to think that NCL only helped Keystone in order to stop the negative publicity.

NCL is getting off with little responsibility for their actions and I just don't think it is fair.

Also, who is to say that the three people that they upgraded to get Keystone's cabins were the next in line for upgrades. Someone else now may be shafted out of upgrades. NCL still looks bad in my eyes.

I guess for some NCL is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

You can indulge in all the negative speculation you want (that is your right).

However, given the fact that the problem is solved and you were not privy to all the details and causes of the screwup, it seems to be negativity for the sake of negativity.

Archived