How Do you Like the New Boards

How Do you Like the new Boards  

277 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you Like the new Boards

• Love Them
    • Like Them
    • So So
    • Hate Them

Bleachblondecutie--I can see your clock! It say 144 more days!

On the top left of the page is a blue navigator bar which has [COLOR=DarkOrange] 'user CP'[/COLOR]. Click on that, then choose [COLOR=DarkOrange] edit options[/COLOR]-->Under [COLOR=DarkOrange] thread display options[/COLOR] make sure you have all three boxes checked. While you're there, scroll down to the bottom of the page to [COLOR=DarkOrange] Miscellaneous options[/COLOR] and choose anything other than basic editor. Standard or enhanced will give you the option of changing font, colors and adding smiley faces.

[b][i][color=blue]I'm still trying to figure out how to get my custom avatar to work. I keep getting the message that it's too big. Any Ideas how to shrink it. It's just a .jpg file I've got saved. :confused: [/color][/i][/b]

[b][i][color=red]Stretch[/color][/i][/b]

Dont know if you can use [url]www.gifworks.com[/url] for that or not...it sure was easy to use on my avatar. We used Adobe photoshop to shrink a jpeg "BOB" picture--which is now of the "BOB" thread -about on page 6.

[b][color=darkorange]Truffles[i], thank's but that only works on .gif files, mine is a simple .jpg but haven't been able to shrink it down to the correct size.[/i][/color][/b]
[b][i][color=red]Stretch[/color][/i][/b]

Don't like the flow, hard to find my answers, search didn't work. Looks like the new flyertalk board and since they changed I rarely use it hard to scroll through all of those pages!! Maybe just me.

• Administrators
[quote name='wifeofbedo']I do miss the "quicklinks" to get to a specific forum
ie) cruiselines p-z, then being able to click right on princess, rccl, etc.
The threads show up much bigger on my computer too. Perhaps it
depends on if you are on a pc or mac??
I also do not see where to click on a smilie??

I do like the new look however. Nice and clean. :D[/QUOTE]
Working on adding quick links.
Also, if you want to add smilies, you'll need to choose another version of the editor. Do this at USER CP > Edit Options

Laura

Having a tough time navigating these boards. When you post a reply how do you get back to where you were in the pages of a particular board? I'm still trying to understand it all..........

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=teal]Although, there are some great features on the new boards, I would have to agree with Aldeya, Yes GREAT extra features and maybe a search, But who cares, I never really used the search anyway and liked the new opinions of an old subject without having to search, It gave a whole new meaning to the post anyway..... It won't be long before someone posts..... Search for it with an attitude or use the search function and you will find it...... It's comming, Trust me on this one folks.............:rolleyes: [/color][/size][/font]

My first impression and posted a few days ago was "they suck". Lost posts about formal dining, shorts worn for dinner etc are OK conversation, and if they get lost in the "upgrade" it's no big deal.
CC pushed their Roll Call Boards, and like many contributors to these boards, I responded. I thought that we had a great thread going for our upcoming Med cruise on Brilliance. Guess not, it got dumped and we are having great difficulty re-contacting people from the "dumped" thread. E-mails to the CC Board have so far been ignored.
So, what do I think about the new board, IT SUCKS, and the CC people don't really give a ****.
Will I stay with CC, I doubt it, there are too many other boards around that do respond to e-mail input.
The new format was copied, IMNSHO, from [url]http://www.cruisecrazies.com/[/url] and [url]http://**********************/index.php[/url] Guess that I will not last too much longer on this board, but Laura needs to figure out that she is the host and not the customer.

Is this about can't teach an old dog new tricks -OR- These boards ain't quite what they were trying to sell?

Here is some good news. They do seem to work long enough to allow us to post. :) That is definately a step in the right direction.

While I have reported that I think they are so-so, I will hang with Laura, et.al. long enough to see if they can fine tune them.

"Is this about can't teach an old dog new tricks -OR- These boards ain't quite what they were trying to sell?"

Well, I'm definitely an old dog, but I do know a lot of new tricks. Obviously the new format is an improvement, but it has lost a lot osf the old niceties.

Maybe I need to be taught some of the new tricks.

How do you post a short quote?

How do you link to another without all the http//etc like you could before?

Those are really nice to have, but how do I contact a previous poster that I had built up a relationship with and CC has dumped the thread. Going back to the "old board" doesn't help and it is in outer space at the end of June. Several of us have planned land tours in Europe using the Roll Call Boards. That thread no longer exists, the person that did the bookings has not responded to the "improved" format. CC has his e-mail address, but has locked out access on the old board.

The new format is great Laura, but don't you have an obligation to the people that post here? We need to contact a previous poster, how do we do it?????????????

Archived