How long until the first complaint thread about FOS

You will see complaints after the first 2 or 3 cruises until the crew gets all the bugs worked out. This is a new class ship and there will be minor problems the first couple cruises. Most people that cruise a lot don't go on a new ship the first 2 months after the maiden voyage.

Complaints will start sooner than post-cruise...they'll post the first compaints on CC while on board from the on-board computers while sipping a mai tai, eating yummy pastries, and hogging a couple of deck chairs on every deck:D

I can't see a lot of complaints coming down about the Freedom as she is having a long shakedown cruise to get things right. It started in Oslo, Southampten and the TA cruises here in the states before the first full revenue cruise. Actually I won't be surprised if we have TA complaints as they seem to be the hardest to please.

I know people are very excited, but I could never imagine booking a ship for her maiden voyage. My TA said wait six months at least which is what we did.

I'm not sure I buy the idea that the first cruises of a new ship are to be avoided. I was on the 2nd sailing of HAL's Noordam in March and the service was excellent with no hiccups.

I don't expect the Freedom inaugural to be perfect, but I don't think its launch is that big a deal. It's basically the 6th Eagle class ship. I think they faced a much bigger challenge back when Voyager first came out. But I do agree it will take time for the staff to gel as a team.

I am lucky enough to be sailing the pre-inaugural for agents(and whoever else they invite) May 16th!! I can't imagine having complaints except for the fact that it is sooo big my poor feet will be sore from exploring.

As for not booking the inaugural sailings I have purchased the Crown Princess for my family June 14th. What could be more exciting? Waiting six months may mean lower rates but a two night freebie is nothing compared to a real inaugural sailing... and this one is nine nights..woohoo! I've never sailed over a week so I can't wait. I'm worse than the kids.

I know people are very excited, but I could never imagine booking a ship for her maiden voyage. My TA said wait six months at least which is what we did.

Well, guess that means there are 4000 of us A$$s out there. :)

Actually, I thought I recalled that you were going to cancel. Yep, the first complaint thread was started here, I think: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338019

It's amazingly negative to start a thread about impending negativity. Life is so much better when you concentrate on happiness and joy. I'll bet $100 that this idiot maiden voyager's only complaint will be that the cruise ends too soon! :D

Tracy

We agree. I would think that those who paid the outrageous cost for the "maiden voyage" would be upset that thousands were able to cruise on the Freedom before they were. Doesn't make sense to me :confused:

###

Actually, I thought I recalled that you were going to cancel. Yep, the first complaint thread was started here, I think: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338019

It's amazingly negative to start a thread about impending negativity. Life is so much better when you concentrate on happiness and joy. I'll bet $100 that this idiot maiden voyager's only complaint will be that the cruise ends too soon! :D

Tracy

You go Tracy! We will make it a great time!

ok i have a complaint.....i was too dumb to book a maiden voyage. the only major complaint i can make is not being on a cruise.

sure noting is perfect but if i was lucky enough to have gotten my crap together to go on a maiden-ish voyage on freedom, i would! imagine the fun of trying to scramble to be the 1st actual paying-guest reviewer!

for y'all lucky ones...have fun. i think i feel a little allergy attack coming on. cape liberty is probably only, hmm, an hour from my doctors office. maybe if i took the LONG way, i could ride by the cape thursday for a look-see?! SHHHHH don't tell!

We agree. I would think that those who paid the outrageous cost for the "maiden voyage" would be upset that thousands were able to cruise on the Freedom before they were. Doesn't make sense to me :confused:

###

I'm on the maiden voyage in a balcony cabin and I did not pay an outrageous sum. It's more than equivalent cruises though.

ok i have a complaint.....i was too dumb to book a maiden voyage. the only major complaint i can make is not being on a cruise.

sure noting is perfect but if i was lucky enough to have gotten my crap together to go on a maiden-ish voyage on freedom, i would! imagine the fun of trying to scramble to be the 1st actual paying-guest reviewer!

for y'all lucky ones...have fun. i think i feel a little allergy attack coming on. cape liberty is probably only, hmm, an hour from my doctors office. maybe if i took the LONG way, i could ride by the cape thursday for a look-see?! SHHHHH don't tell!

Umm, it sounds like you are coming down with a cold. Are you sure you need to go to the office at all that day? Maybe you should just "stay home" and "rest.";)

Umm, it sounds like you are coming down with a cold. Are you sure you need to go to the office at all that day? Maybe you should just "stay home" and "rest.";)

I agree with Wrona, hon. You will need to stay "home". ;)

Tracy

Tracy

Tracy, have I mentioned lately that I think that you are BRILLIANT? :)

Tracy, have I mentioned lately that I think that you are BRILLIANT? :)

Awww shucks, Carol! That means a lot coming from a teacher!

I don't know about "brilliant", but "befuddled" would be accurate. LOL

Tracy

Out of nine cruises, our favorite was Coral Princess' maiden voyage.

We were also on Norwegian Jewel when she was only three months old.

Many times the cruiseline will move their best people over to their newest ship.

Will there be complaints about Freedom? Undoubtedly. However, I bet most will be raving about her, and she will be booked solid for several seasons to come.

Archived