Does Royal Caribbean offer wine tasting?

They do have a wine tasting session at some stage during the cruise. If I remember correctly they offer three whites, three reds and one sparkling/champagne. Theres lots of cheese and bread available to 'cleanse the palatte'. I can't remember how much it is - although if you're a C & A member there's usually a free voucher in your cabin. Hope this helps.

They do have a wine tasting session at some stage during the cruise. If I remember correctly they offer three whites, three reds and one sparkling/champagne. Theres lots of cheese and bread available to 'cleanse the palatte'. I can't remember how much it is - although if you're a C & A member there's usually a free voucher in your cabin. Hope this helps.

Yes it does! Thank you.

Nick

Does Royal Caribbean offer wine tastings? If so, what's the cost and how many types of wine are usually served during the demostration?

Thanks.

Nick

If your not a C & A member it will cost $10.00 or $20.00 dollars which would be billed to youe seapass account.

I've done a couple of them on Royal Caribbean ships, and I think they're a blast. If you really know fine wines (if you have a cellar full of premier cru clarets at home, for example), you won't learn a whole lot, but everyone does get a chance to sample the wines that the ship actually has on board.

The tasting events are set up to be fun and non-threatening; I've certainly enjoyed the ones I've been to.

Even if you can't get a free voucher, it's worth attending.

I seem to recall that the wine tastings are offered at weird times, though, so look sharp in your event schedule.

Also, I don't know if you're aware, but if you buy a bottle of wine with a meal and only drink part of it, your waiter will re-cork it for you to enjoy at another meal. That's quite handy for me; my wife and I sometimes like just a single glass of wine with dinner.

Enjoy!

I agree with all of the above - the wine tastings are a "must do" in my book (even if I didn't get the free vouchers, which I do;) ). Convinced DH to try one - he had a blast! Nothing stuffy about them, and you do pick up a bit of knowledge, along with trying some wines you might not otherwise be interested in. Found a new favorite on the Navigator by attending one of these tastings.

BTW Scott - I just LOVE Max!:D :D :D

BTW Scott - I just LOVE Max!:D :D :D

He's quite a guy. I'm a very distant relative, but Max and I did meet in Abilene a while back (we both happened to be there at the same time), and he took time out of his incredibly busy schedule to chat with me.

I sure wish I could sell as many books as he has!

• 7 years later...

You also get a great A4 file with cards packed full of information. My wife and I enjoyed the presentation and trying the different cheeses. The cost of our course got us 4 glasses but to try them all out indivdual would cost a lot and some can only be bought by the bottle

I don't even recall a wine tasting being offered on our last cruise. (Maybe I overlooked it.) Really enjoyed it on previous cruises. Does anyone know if it is still offered?

I don't think so - remember when free vouchers were given, I don't remember anyone coming in without a voucher!

I don't even recall a wine tasting being offered on our last cruise. (Maybe I overlooked it.) Really enjoyed it on previous cruises. Does anyone know if it is still offered?

They don't offer a free wine tasting, but they usually offer a "Lafite Wine Tasting Experience", for around $20 per person. If you're on a ship with a Vintages, then there may be more wine tasting events, also extra cost.

We did a LaFite tasting on Explorer last year, Dec2012. I forget the cost but I believe it was $20 pp. They offered 3 reds and 1 white. They gave us folder at the end to take home that detailed the region and the wines. They served fruit and cheese and the guy who was conducting it would tell you which cheese to eat with which wine. It was very informative and I think we would do it again. It was held on the last sea day in the afternoon and was about an hour long.

• 3 years later...

a lot depends on what ship you are on. On a ship without a Vintages wine bar, the wine tastings are pretty basic, IMHO. It is fun, but the wines are nothing special and the information is pretty basic or misleading - somehow, these guys all want to talk about a wine's legs. In all my years of serious wine tastings, I have never heard a serious wine lover talk about a wine's legs.

On the other hand, if the ship has a Vintages Wine Bar, there may be better events. Last year when we were on Anthem of the Seas, they had different wine tastings every day (at different prices). The last day (a sea day coming back up to NJ), they had a more serious wine tasting that was a lot of fun, and more expensive, but not outrageous. Also, the Vintages Wine Bar had better wines than did the main restaurants. I was able to buy wines from Vintages and use them in other restaurants.

Does Royal Caribbean offer wine tastings? If so, what's the cost and how many types of wine are usually served during the demostration?

Thanks.

Nick

really depends on a variety of factors.

those ships with Vintages offers a choice of flights by region, price point and other factors. some bar tenders will customize one for you. some ships offer wine and food pairings. some ships offer other types of wine tasting such as all Argentinian, or all Whites or all dessert wines.

it will depend on who is on board running them. we have experienced up to ten wines at a time and as few as 4.

we enjoy Vintages especially if you go early the first day and build up a rapport with the staff.

The free voucher was available In the C&A coupon book, but it disappeared some years ago. The wine tasting was hosted by a Sommelier and accompanied by selection of cheeses & fruits.

The free voucher was available In the C&A coupon book, but it disappeared some years ago. The wine tasting was hosted by a Sommelier and accompanied by selection of cheeses & fruits.

Agree. We did a B2B Cruise on the Liberty in 2011 and that was the last time we were offered the C&A free vouchers for the wine tastings.