Website woes

crystal808

I've been trying to get into HAL's website for 2 days....Nada!

Anyone else had any luck recently? I'm just trying to get onto an itinerary page to send someone, yet can't get there through Destinations, Find a Cruise, etc.

Just wondering if it's just HAL up to its usual no-go status....:eek:

Paul

wondering how many years it will take for HAL to "address" the Princess computer system....:(

It is amazing to me that a corporation like HAL does not hire the top IT people, but I digress....Just a thought, but have you considered going to another on-line travel site and just copying and pasting the itinerary from there? I have done that in the past. I am assuming this is an itinerary open for booking. If not, then I guess you are stuck with the HAL site :).

Marie

Paul,

I have been on the HAL website for shore ex. information for booked passengers, as well as checking for itinerary changes (there was one) several times the past few days. Most recently about 2 hours ago. Only once did I have trouble getting into the site. I waited 5 minutes and then got in. Oh, it has been SLOW to respond some of the times, but it has gotten me where I wanted to be. Once in the shore excursions it has responded in a timely fashion.

I know that the website seems to have problems, but it has worked for me this past week. This said, it will probably reject me the next time I try.

Working for a rather large website in member support, I need to say that it isnt necessarily the HAL website with the problems. What I have found is that some internet providers are better than others. AOL has the largest number of complaints across the nation. It is not very supportive of interactive websites. We always recommend customers use internet explorer, even if AOL is their internet provider. It seems to help. So, if you are having internet problems consider your provider, browser, and/or even cleaning up your hard drive by cleaining out your "cookies". Just food for thought.

Working for a rather large website in member support, I need to say that it isnt necessarily the HAL website with the problems. What I have found is that some internet providers are better than others. AOL has the largest number of complaints across the nation. It is not very supportive of interactive websites. We always recommend customers use internet explorer, even if AOL is their internet provider. It seems to help. So, if you are having internet problems consider your provider, browser, and/or even cleaning up your hard drive by cleaining out your "cookies". Just food for thought.

Good point, Karen. Thanks for sharing :)

Marie

Being a Mac user, Internet Explorer isn't my "browser of choice", but I'll give it a go....

It seems that HAL would be "big enough" to use universal coding, but what do I know? :p

Thanks for everyones' responses!

Paul

whose Geek cruises gives him a tax deductible vacation :)

I've been trying to get into HAL's website for 2 days....Nada!

Anyone else had any luck recently? I'm just trying to get onto an itinerary page to send someone, yet can't get there through Destinations, Find a Cruise, etc.

I was on it last night at work. No significant problems. It was a bit slow, but I was able to display the itinerary for my European cruise next year ... and check out some of the excursions offered. I just searched for my cruise (too early to log in with booking number) and got the itinerary up ... and then clicked on each port to see a general listing of the excursions offered. Sometimes the screens were a bit slow refreshing, but I was able to get what I needed.

Keep trying ... maybe they were doing website maintenance during the times you tried.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Being a Mac user, Internet Explorer isn't my "browser of choice", but I'll give it a go....

It seems that HAL would be "big enough" to use universal coding, but what do I know? :p

Thanks for everyones' responses!

Paul

whose Geek cruises gives him a tax deductible vacation :)

I find that I have better luck using Firefox for the HAL website than Safari. I deleted IE a long time ago and do not miss it.

mademac.gif

When I use my laptop and/or desktop at home, using IE through two different providers I get nothing.....just part of the home page...and even that won't load all of the way, even if I wait for more than 15 minutes. But both of those connections are dial-up. At work, it is on ethernet, and it actually loads and is usable..albeit slower than other similar websites.

It seems to work this morning (Sunday).

I make a living designing web sites for small businesses, and I continue to be amazed how large companies like HAL forget that the primary purpose of most web sites is to communicate, not to entertain. Since the majority of web users still use dial-up connections, I use dial-up for testing to make sure that everyone sees a rapid download. Try using the HAL site with dial-up. The home page takes over a minute to download, and most of that content is a slide show of different HAL shots. I would suspect that most people going to the HAL site are going there for information, and are frustrated with all the fluff that they have to download in order to see the meat of the site.

As of 8:30 AM, CDT, the HAL site was working perfectly for us. Showed DW clips of the Veendam so she'd forget the "spousal abuse"....by the way, her definition of "spousal abuse" is working in the yard getting ready for a pool party next Saturday. She says I'm trying to do her in. :o Oh well....we may be stuck in the spa for the party but the yard is going to look great!

Backyard_06.jpg

i tried to check a price on a shore excursion last night. when i signed into the website it just brought me back to the page where you enter your booking number and last name. tried it about an hour ago and it worked. sounds like its a hit or miss for some people.

I haven't been able to get on in the last 30 minutes using Mozilla or Internet Explorer. I wonder if they can't handle the visitors from their current sale. Sorry I couldn't cut and paste the whole announcement:

Due to popular demand, the 3-Day Sale Specials

have been extended through June 7, 2006!

All fares are in U.S. dollars.

To book, contact your travel professional or 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425).

Ask for Promo FJ and Promo RT.

spc_eee1.gif 7- to 13-Day Alaska

CRUISES & CRUISETOURS FROM $649

View sailings & special fares 14-Day Australia & New Zealand

CRUISES FROM $1,649

View sailings & special fares

Archived