Sticky situation....suites

We have booked a Grand Suite on the Liberty for 2008. The other family we are traveling with booked a Junior Suite. I know that JS does not get the same perks as the larger suites, having stayed in one before. What benefits will we enjoy that our travelmates won't? I think it might make for a weird situation.

Thanks for any info

You both should have priority embarkation - most ports seem to extend that courtesy to JS dwellers as well as full suite dwellers. In the GS, you will also have priority tendering in ports that require it and at the end of the cruise you will be able to disembark first, although if your friends have an early flight they can also get early disembarkation tags.

Onboard amenities for you will include access to the Concierge Club, which includes a continental breakfast, free specialty coffees 24/7 plus a cocktail spread w/hors d'oeuvres in the evening. The Concierge can also make reservations for you at the specialty restaurants, ice skating rink, book shore excursions and spa appointments (all of which you can do yourself, and I'm not sure that you get any particular priority - if Chops is already booked you can't bump somebody, at least that's been our experience and I have to say that's fair).

The other bennies will be in-cabin, so it shouldn't make any difference - robes & slippers, canapes or other goodies on occasion, and of course the much nicer cabin.

I imagine that the only awkwardness would arrive at the cocktail hour - you're entitled to be someplace that they aren't, which you could solve by having a drink there and then meeting up w/your friends (assuming you can hold the liquor;) ). You're not supposed to bring the drinks out and you're not supposed to have guests. Anything else you can work around - you can grab your coffee any time and bring it back to your cabin, for example.

Or they could upgrade!:D

I agree that you won't have any real problems. The only comments we ever hear from our friends and family is "Your room is so much bigger than ours" :rolleyes: Well of course...you could have gotten the SAME room. :p

Enjoy your GS on Liberty!

On thing we like about cruising with friends is that everyone pays for the type of accommodation their pocketbook and choices allow. Except for the cabin size and a few other minor perks, the ship offers all the other amenities for everyone. Everyone sees the same show, has the same food etc.

Last year we have one couple in a GS, on in a D1 balcony and one in an OV cabin. Everyone was happy.

Please don’t pressure your friends to upgrade. The extra amenities might not be as important to them as they are to you.

If they choose to have a JS room, or any lower room, they understand what they are getting and certainly won’t mind when you enjoy the benefits of your suite.

Later this summer we are traveling with new cruisers. There will be times when we will enjoy our Diamond benefits that they don’t receive. I don’t anticipate any problem.

Have a lovely trip

Marci

On thing we like about cruising with friends is that everyone pays for the type of accommodation their pocketbook and choices allow. Except for the cabin size and a few other minor perks, the ship offers all the other amenities for everyone. Everyone sees the same show, has the same food etc.

Last year we have one couple in a GS, on in a D1 balcony and one in an OV cabin. Everyone was happy.

Please don’t pressure your friends to upgrade. The extra amenities might not be as important to them as they are to you.

If they choose to have a JS room, or any lower room, they understand what they are getting and certainly won’t mind when you enjoy the benefits of your suite.

Thank you so much for realizing that certain perks either come with the territory or with having cruised enough times to warrant them. I see so many posts that ask "Can my friend/friends relatives whomever, come to the Concierge Club because I wouldn't feel right without them?" I wish more people could realize that not everything is for them and their friends. Thanks

Archived