Why won't they fix their web site?

crazy4cruisn

LOL This is getting comical.....this is what it says when you go anywhere on the site. And no matter where you go it pops up:

"The page you requested cannot be found

We have recently made changes to the Holland America Line web site, and the page you are looking for may no longer be available or has moved. Please go to www.hollandamerica.com to find what you were looking for and see what our new site has to offer.

Someone asked what the wait time is now for a call to HAL.

Has does 2-3 DAYS sound? For shore excursions.

Very frustrating! And disappointing.

Am I ever happy I decided to take care of our bookings last week. I was annoyed about 'Hang on H--l" last Wednesday......can't even imagine how bad it is this week.

Due to technical difficulties,

www.hollandamerica.com is not currently available.

To learn more about Holland America Line, please visit our Online Cinema.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Please try again in the next 24 hours.

header_quicklnks.gif

Finally they have the proper message:rolleyes: I am not a computer nerd, but wouldn't there have been some way to post that message earlier? That way people would have stopped trying to navigate the site.

Well, they took off the "out of order" warning, but its still running slower than a state employee :rolleyes:

j/k

j/k or no j/k, watch it, AP! I used to be one of those! ;)

The question I always heard was "workin' hard? or hardly workin'?"

Keep in mind that no matter how frustrated we are, there are a lot of HAL employees pretty frustrated too. Telephone is made at IT, IT is mad at Web Design, Sales hates them both, Marketing is furious, and all the VPs are busting everyone's chops who work for them. Stein Kruse, President and Chief Executive Officer is jumping on the VPs and to top it off he's doing it from the Penthouse Suite on a Cunard ship.:)

I know it's hard to believe - but people actually cruised, scheduled travel plans and performed numerous other tasks before the internet.

Now we stress out when the internet fails us for even a few days.:rolleyes:

That's because it seems to be a few days every week!

It is frustrating and will frankly make me think twice about booking with them again unless this, our first HAL cruise, just knocks my sox off.

Terri

I just tried to log into their website (3 pm, eastern time) and the following is posted: Due to technical difficulties, http://www.hollandamerica.com is not currently available.

To learn more about Holland America Line, please visit our Online Cinema.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. Please try again in the next 24 hours.

They still have the orange notice on their homepage as of this moment. Such a disappointment because I was all set to really settle into reading about excursions.

Does anyone know how far out from your cruise you can book shore excursions? Is it before or after payment?

I did call Ship's Services to link up some reservations for the dining room. I waited no more than a minute. I was amazed!

but it's not........Everything goes along fine until you enter your booking number and name. The next page comes up and says to correct any errors and that the session has timed out. There was only maybe one second between clicking logon and error page. It just goes round and round. <sigh>

Archived