Mariner numbers on tickets.

Tinknock50

I am hearing stories of Mariners having to fill out forms while on ships because there are no records onboard showing they are members.

So, my question is.......have you noticed your Mariner (Alumni) number printed on your tickets? And I am wondering if there is a pattern here. No numbers on ticket equals no Mariner recognition on board?

On my last 3 HAL cruisers, I have had to remind them that I was a Mariner in order to get my tile. It takes the fun out of seeing the tile on your bed after returning from dinner. I see a mariner number on my tickets for my next cruise, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out. I also made a point to have my TA check to see if HAL had our numbers on the booking....they said they did.

So lets look at those tickets and tell me what you see.:)

My Mariner number was on my ticket for my recent cruise; I had no difficulty getting my pin, invitation to the Mariners' Party, correct medallion, or tile.

No difficulty getting the free drink, either! :D (But there weren't any of the good nuts. :( )

My mariner number is on my ticket. DW's is not, but I can't remember entering it on the cruise booking. There is no place on the Express Boarding Pass to include mariner number.

Since we are both mariners, should we get two tiles. Previously we've only gotten one, and I just assumed it was one per cabin, but perhaps not?

My mariner number is on my ticket. DW's is not, but I can't remember entering it on the cruise booking. There is no place on the Express Boarding Pass to include mariner number.

Since we are both mariners, should we get two tiles. Previously we've only gotten one, and I just assumed it was one per cabin, but perhaps not?

You should both get one...it is per person. If it happens again go to the front office and ask them for a second one. Generally, your steward will bring you another at that point......they won't give you one at the deak.

My Mariner number was on my ticket for my recent cruise; I had no difficulty getting my pin, invitation to the Mariners' Party, correct medallion, or tile.

No difficulty getting the free drink, either! :D ......

That's because they like you! :D

They don't ask for the number on the form.

A bricks and mortar agent will ask if you are Mariners at time of booking - as will HAL if you book directly - it's good to keep it/them handy. We always book with a living, breathing agent.

Never really done a comparison but understand there is a very small ;) price break if you are Mariners.

A bricks and mortar agent will ask if you are Mariners at time of booking - as will HAL if you book directly - it's good to keep it/them handy. We always book with a living, breathing agent.

Never really done a comparison but understand there is a very small ;) price break if you are Mariners.

My online agent checked with HAL for me and HAL said they already had both numbers on our booking. She is also alive and breathing when I talk to her on the phone.:)

I have never, ever seen direct HAL pricing as low as I could get elsewhere.

We got caught in the "no Mariner number" listed for our last cruise. It was provided to the TA, I filled in the number of days previously on HAL on our forms, we'd not changed names or address since our last cruise, and so on....it just didn't get hooked up to our names. A little work with the front desk on the ship and we got it squared away.

We got caught in the "no Mariner number" listed for our last cruise. It was provided to the TA, I filled in the number of days previously on HAL on our forms, we'd not changed names or address since our last cruise, and so on....it just didn't get hooked up to our names. A little work with the front desk on the ship and we got it squared away.

Its great that you got it taken care of. But it kinda detracts from "the special touches" aspect of HAL when you have to work to get it. The magic is when the tile is there for you in the room without asking.:)

Just looked at our Prinsendam tickets & it has booking No's but next to Alumni ID it is blank..Even though our Mariner No's were not on our tickets HAL had them in the Reservation..We had no problem on board & received two tiles & our invitation to the Mariner's Reception.:) We already had our red pins from previous cruises..

It seems to me they may asked us the Number of days when we filled out our on-line check in forms, but can't be sure..:confused:

Just looked at our Prinsendam tickets & it has booking No's but next to Alumni ID it is blank..Even though our Mariner No's were not on our tickets HAL had them in the Reservation..We had no problem on board & received two tiles & our invitation to the Mariner's Reception.:) We already had our red pins from previous cruises..

It seems to me they may asked us the Number of days when we filled out our on-line check in forms, but can't be sure..:confused:

Thanks for the input......judging by the posts so far it doesn't seem to make any difference if number is on the ticket or not.

Lets hear more experiences.:)

Interesting thread!

1. We once were given only one tile. A quick trip to the Front Desk resulted in another tile showing up pretty quickly. They said the room steward though it was one tile per cabin.

2. April 2006 cruise: two ticket booklets -- each with the (correct) Mariner alumni number for the corresponding passenger. Good idea.

3. April and September 2005 cruises: one ticket booklet---both passengers' names--the male's Mariner alumni number only. Had no trouble with this: received two party invitations, two tiles.

4. What!? No good nuts! This is not good. Sounds like the April cruise: no tote bags, no dessert flambes, no Dutch hats! :(

clip...

3. April and September 2005 cruises: one ticket booklet---both passengers' names--the male's Mariner alumni number only. Had no trouble with this: received two party invitations, two tiles.

clip...

Male mariner's only? Sounds like sex discrimination to me. You probably will want to sue.:D On the other hand, all the law firms are busy with the Crown Princess passengers, so you might want to wait.

No good nuts!! That`s all I go for!! Another cut back.........jean:cool:

We had the mixed nuts at the Mariner's Reception on Rotterdam June 10.:D On the formal nights it was just peanuts.:( I remember a questionairre that was in our mailbox asking about prior days on HAL and what awards had been received. I thought at the time that they should already have that information as it was the same questions that were asked on the online immigration form. We filled it out and turned it in, were recognized for the appropriate number of days and got our tiles. My mariner number was on the cruise docs, Slinkie's was not.

It seems to be hit or miss. On our last four HAL travel documents, once both numbers; once, only mine; once only DW; and once, neither:confused: .

On any of these cruises, did you ever fail to get invites, tiles , etc.?

On our Statendam cruise 4 weeks ago, we did not receive an invitation to the Mariner's reception or any tiles. On the last day of the cruise I realized no tiles and hadn't heard of a Mariner's reception. Our steward said we weren't on his list as Mariners.

We had filled in info on Immigration forms, put the # of days we'd sailed on HAL, and we had a "Mariner's discount" and "Mariner luggage tags",so HAL knew we were Mariners. BUT since I didn't fill out another form-- once again-- giving # of days on HAL, we weren't considered Mariners. (Our Mariner numbers were on our tickets.) I learned that on future cruises to ask front desk the first day if we're listed as Mariners.

Oh, we did get tiles....coffee stained, but tiles.

Several posters have mentioned a mariner number being on the immigration forms. I just went back and edited ours for our 8/9 Baltic departure, and there is no place where I could enter my mariner number. It does asked if you have cruised with HA previously, the total number of days including this cruise, and your previous award level, but no mariner number. The previous cruising information may be kept by the online system when completing the form, but it is not printed on the express pass form, which is printed from this form.

Several posters have mentioned a mariner number being on the immigration forms. I just went back and edited ours for our 8/9 Baltic departure, and there is no place where I could enter my mariner number.

I just printed mine out and it's a whole new form(2 pages) this time.

and no place for a mariner number.

Archived