strange foods or just something you like added to the menu

newmexicoNita

I just wish I could get a good, sopping Eyetalian Hoagie on the ship. Heck, if the steward would just let me behind that sandwich counter in the Lido, I'd even be happy to make it myself. They never do it just right for my tastes. :(

I only wish that sandwich area was set up as a buffet ... allowing you to make your own sandwiches. The ingredients are all there ... so there's no reason a proper hoagie can't be made.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Try asking for oil ! They will think you are nuts. ;)

If they would only add Scrapple to the menu. Yum

Definately would love the whole belly clams :)

I agree when frogs legs are done right, they are quite good.

Its so funny what one of the above posters said about not thinking about what a certain dish is otherwise you wouldn't enjoy it

One time I switched on a cooking show on Food Network in the last few minutes of the show. They had already finished cooking and had all the dishes beautifully plated and displayed like they usually do on these shows.

Just looking at them all, everything looked delicious, I couldn't tell what they were, (some kind of meat or poultry dishes,??????) but they sure looked good.

Then the host did a recap of everything she had made.

One dish was calves brains

one was lamb kidney

one was tripe, the lining of a cows stomach

one was some other "organ" meat I can't remember now

I must admit that got a "YUK" out of me :). But the dishes still looked really good, good enough that I might be brave enough to try it.

OK, what is cabinet.....

In Massachusetts it would be called a "frappe". Anywhere else it would be called a "milk shake". In Roe Dyland it's a "cabinet".

You see, in Roe Dyland a "milk shake" is just that---it's flavored milk that's been shaken. No ice cream.

In Massachusetts it would be called a "frappe". Anywhere else it would be called a "milk shake". In Roe Dyland it's a "cabinet".

You see, in Roe Dyland a "milk shake" is just that---it's flavored milk that's been shaken. No ice cream.

Gee I thought it might be another name for a hoogie or grinder or poor boy. We learn something everyday. A good milk shake and a good hoogie would be worth extra money for me. Of course here in New Mexico if it doesn't come with red or green chili it shouldn't be eaten. NMNita

Archived