Have you Cruised on the Same Cruise -- Same Ship, Same Itinerary?

Sandytoes

Just wondering how many of you have or would cruise more than once on the same ship with the same intinerary? If so, why?

We have done the West coast of Mexico itinerary four times on four different ships. We live about 25 minutes from the Los Angeles/Long Beach harbor area. Each time was on a different ship and we have only repeated one excursion.

Time, ease and cost of getting to your cruise embarkation port have to be considered in picking a cruise.

Yep! Did the Golden Princess (San Juan), same itinerary Nov 2004 with a girlfriend; Feb 2005 with hubby; then April 2006 with my sister! Same ship, same itinerary, and believe it or not, same cabin!!!! These were all for different reasons. All 3 cruises were very different in many aspects.

We have done many other cruises, but we like the southern ports. Guess which one is next? Crown Princess (from San Juan)with a group of first timers!

We have done Eastern, Western, Pacific Coast, Southern, and Bahamas. We just enjoy the warmth of the Southern Caribbean in the winter. We enjoy Princess, so yes, we repeat cruises!

Janet

We did the Dawn out of SF on Mar 10-20 06. We just booked her again, only she is dropping Catalina and San Diego and cruising further down the Riviera to Acapulco and Zihuantinao (sp?). We booked her for Jan. 25 07. We loved the ship, and also living in the Bay Area it is very, very convenient for us. A few more things this time that we are looking forward to is. Again, two full weekends, Superbowl the day before we disembark, and cruising with some friends on their first ever cruise. Now that's a way to break into cruising.....11 nights...ahhhhh!:D

Did a CP B2B last December and booked to do the same ship B2B again this Nov.

Have done many cruises and probably would prefer a more southernly itenerary. However, leaving from FLL outweighs a southerly trip out of SJU.

Just our opinion and it is heavily skewed by the fact we have done 18 Caribbean cruises, so new islands are rare to us.

Same ship doesn't bother us, and going around twice allows my wife to scope out the best bargins before buying. We mainly go for the beaches and St Thomas, Princess cays, and St Maarteen are some of our favorites.

Best of Luck,

Mark

We are on the Coral Oct 23rd for 20 Days, the Same 10 day Panama Canal trip B2B Exactly!:) We need 20 Days ASAP for a "Cruise Fix" & the Coral/Island(been on for same trip to Panama Canal on Island)we Love the ship, size, & everything. We haven't been on the Princess since 35 Days in 2004, we are in Serious Withdrawal;) Also need to get in Ship Shape for upcoming trips:cool: . We love the Ships as much or more than the ports. Real junkies:D

Our Best to All!

Bill & Irene

been on 40+ cruises:eek:

30 to Mexican Rivera, 5 or 6 ships

great way to relax, best part of cruising you can do it all or do nothing;)

I don't really care where I go;) , going homes not to bad, I live on one of the best places on earth MAUI:)

the first thing people say to me on a cruise when I tell them were I live is "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

Rob

next cruise Crown Princess B2B 10/27 & 10/04 2006

Often times, especially on exotic cruises, we find one cruise just isn't enough time in port to do everything we want, so return a year or so later and repeat the same cruise on the same ship.

Sydney to Singapore, same ship same cruise, repeated twice exactly one year apart.

Tahiti to Hawaii, B2B

Caribbean, every once in awhile we feel the need for a quick get-a-way so we book a 7 dayer to the Eastern Caribbean, same ports, same ship most times. (We know which ports we like and which ones we would just as soon skip)

Sun Princess southern Caribbean for 10 days, several times, we know we love the ship and the ports, so we just booked it time and time again.

We do stray from ships we love from time to time, but seem to more likely repeat the ones that have the best memories, so we can make even more.

Yes...we sailed the Caribbean Princess to the Eastern Caribbean in Oct '04 and are getting ready to do the same thing this Oct. We chose the same ship/itenerary because when we went last time, there were things we wanted to do but didn't get a chance to, and, we liked the ship. Plus, we don't like change. Oh and one more thing....on the '04 cruise, Princess Cays had been wiped out by a hurricane so we didn't get to go there, so we are keeping ours fingers crossed that ALL ports will be in tack come this Oct.

The Caribbean Princess is so big, it takes two trips to get it figured out! :)

We did the 10-day Tahitian Princess itinerary from Papeete that includes Rarotonga. Not only did we do this cruise in 2003 and 2005, but we did a two-week land vacation in Rarotonga in 2004. We also did the 12-day Renaissance cruise in 2000 (same ports without Rarotonga) before it became the Tahitian Princess. We think the South Pacific is like no place on earth!

Kathy

We have done the Western Caribbean so many times I have lost count. Mainly we take a cruise for the ship, not the itinerary. If we like the ship then we will do a repeat of exactly the same itinerary or any other itinerary it happens to have. Sometimes we do shore excursions. Sometimes we just stay on board.

Roberta

Absolutely. I've done the Mexican Riviera 2x -- same itinerary, different ship; I've done the LA > Hawaii > LA 2x -- same itinerary, different ship; and I've done Manaus and the Amazon 2x on the (old) Royal Princess albeit they were different itineraries after entering the Atlantic. I'd do the Mexican Riviera and the LA / Hawaii cruise as often as I could. They're both relaxing and enjoyable.

We did the Baja 3-day twice on the Holiday. The first time was because we wanted to squeeze in one last quick cruise before we had our child (I was about 4-1/2 months pregnant) and my hubby had situation at work where he didn't want to risk being away for longer than that at that time.

Then when our girl was little, we decided to take our first vacation since her birth on a cruise, of course. We live about 50 miles away from San Pedro (that was before Carnival moved to LB) so the Baja cruise made sense.

Not big on Mexico, it's just it's easy for us to just drive to the port than bother with flying.

As you will see by my signature we have done the Diamond Princess Alaska twice, same exact cruise. The first one we took was just my husband and I. We had planned to do a different cruise the next year with our adult children (18 and 23 at the time) for my youngest's high school graduation present, but everyone's busy schedule prevented that. Since the boys hadn't been to Alaska and we loved the cruise, we decided to repeat. We did different excursions except in Ketchikan where we had previously flown with Michelle of Island Wings. Michelle just picked out different sites for us in the Fijords.

We have sailed on the Star Princess the past two years and are going for a third. Same week, same itinerary and the past two years, same room.

The main reason is we really like the ship. Both the amenities and our familiarity make the cruise very comfortable. Kind of like going to the same beach house or mountain cabin each year.

The itinerary is the same (Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios) and we are getting to know each port. We have tried a number of excursions and have repeatedly gone to the same snorkeling area in Cozumel the past few years.

Bottom line, the comforts of getting to know and feeling comfortable in each location makes the vacation a lot more relaxing.

We just got off our first Alaskan Cruise and are thinking about the same itinerary for next year.

John

Archived