Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

That is just what I was thinking - going to give it a rest today and try tomorrow - if I don't get the 4 rooms - I will bid 2 at a time. At least there will be 2 couples together no matter what!

You may want to try placing two separate bids for 2 rooms each time. I'm wondering if the system is not allowing you to book 4 rooms at the same time. The only downfall is that you may not get the same hotel for both bookings. It's just a thought if money is an issue.

There is no reason why you should not be able to get the Marriott or any other hotel during the timeframe you're looking at, especially if you're up to $130 for a resort. The system most likely is not accepting the bid since you want 4 rooms as even on the Marriott website, the maximum it will accept is 3 rooms, most likely the system is designed that way, so try 2 and 2, even if you have to split up - you can still get together for dinner, excursions, etc. Good Luck!

That is just what I was thinking - going to give it a rest today and try tomorrow - if I don't get the 4 rooms - I will bid 2 at a time. At least there will be 2 couples together no matter what!

Pre and Post Serenade of the Seas 8/22 - 8/29.

8/21-8/22

Caribe Hilton

$90.00 = $107 w/tax

8/29-8/30

Caribe Hilton

$90.00 = $107 w/tax

San Juan is great because only 2 of the 8 locations have resorts. 7. Rio Grande and 8 San Juan. So you can bid the others 1-6 increasing your bid a little more each time.

1 Aguadilla

2 Cabo Rojo

3 Dorado

4 Humacao

5 Mayaguez

6 Ponce - Guanica

7 Rio Grande - Fajardo - El Yunque

8 San Juan

I bid

$65

$70

$75

$80

$85

$90

Edited by FB

Don't give up just yet - Miami can be just as expensive if not more than San Juan. Maybe try bidding for a 4 * in San Juan, and you may get upgraded to a resort. Just a thought. :)

Must be me - changed to 2 rooms and still got rejected for one night 2/5/11.

Will try again this weekend - seriously thinking about cancelling and booking a cruise out of Miami. I know I can get a hotel there!

Just bid on Priceline and got the Caribe Hilton, August 27-29, for 3 rooms. $90 (second) bid accepted, total with taxes and fees is $613. I had some reservations at the Marriott that totaled $1394, so I'm extremely happy with this result! :)

Just bid on Priceline and got the Caribe Hilton, August 27-29, for 3 rooms. $90 (second) bid accepted, total with taxes and fees is $613. I had some reservations at the Marriott that totaled $1394, so I'm extremely happy with this result! :)

Seems like $90.00 is the magic number for the Caribe

I am so frustrated! I have been bidding for a room in San Juan for 1/14/11 for over a week now. I have read all of the advice about rebidding adding zones and the prices people have been winning. I started out bidding at $70 and now am up to $118, for as low as a 3.5*. Could it be that there are just no rooms for my date? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

:confused:Kellie

I can't think of any reason why you're not able to get a room in San Juan for that rate. I bid $110 for two nights in Jan and got the Marriott on the first try. Maybe you can start all over, and perhaps use another computer with a different CC also another billing address if possible. Also try going on some hotel's websites and see what they are selling rooms for during that timeframe. I can't image they are sold out of 3.5*'s for January 11th. There is a festival in San Juan during the month of January celebrating the feast of San Sebastian but they surely would have rooms available this far out. GOOD LUCK and let us know how things turn out. :)

I am so frustrated! I have been bidding for a room in San Juan for 1/14/11 for over a week now. I have read all of the advice about rebidding adding zones and the prices people have been winning. I started out bidding at $70 and now am up to $118, for as low as a 3.5*. Could it be that there are just no rooms for my date? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

:confused:Kellie

I am beginning to think Priceline doesn't like me - have bid all weekend on Resort again - with nothing - even tried 2 rooms instead of 4.

This am bid up to $112 for 4 star in San Juan instead of Resort and still nothing.

I am going to have one of the other couples going with us try tonight

Why don't you try bidding for one room at a time, like you said get your friend to bid with their CC and computer. If you are lucky, you can always bid for another room, chances are at least two couples will stay in the same resort. Maybe go to a few hotels websites and see what the prices are for your specific dates, then bid accordingly :)

I am beginning to think Priceline doesn't like me - have bid all weekend on Resort again - with nothing - even tried 2 rooms instead of 4.

This am bid up to $112 for 4 star in San Juan instead of Resort and still nothing.

I am going to have one of the other couples going with us try tonight

Yay! I just got the Marriott for $110.00 a night each for 2 rooms, 2 nights from March 18-20th 2011.

Also got it for 1 night post cruise for the same price March 27th - 28th.

I chose San Juan, Resort and got them both on the first try.

I am pretty sure there is something major going on in San Juan the weekend of Jan 14th since I have now bid $130 and still can't get Resort or 4* choosing all zones except Rio Grande. Not sure what to do. I am thinking I will need to just book a room. Would like to be in Old San Juan, any hotel suggestions for under $150? Just there one night pre cruise needs to be clean and close to action and shopping.

Kellie

Kellie - I think Priceline just picks some - - you and I seem to be the DON"T GIVE THEM A ROOM folks.

People on my Roll Call are getting a room for much cheaper than I am bidding for the same day - I have tried 4 rooms, 2 rooms and 1 room and still no luck.

I am not giving up though. I am gonna keep trying. My next move is to have someone else in our group bid for me. As long as the hotel room is in your name it will be fine I am told.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Anyone else have any infor for Kellie or me!

Thanks!

Kellie - I think Priceline just picks some - - you and I seem to be the DON"T GIVE THEM A ROOM folks.

People on my Roll Call are getting a room for much cheaper than I am bidding for the same day - I have tried 4 rooms, 2 rooms and 1 room and still no luck.

I am not giving up though. I am gonna keep trying. My next move is to have someone else in our group bid for me. As long as the hotel room is in your name it will be fine I am told.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Thanks Donna, glad I am not the only one in this boat. I have finally given up and booked a room on my own but got Radisson Ambassador for $134. I also found several great smaller hotels in Old San Juan but none had room available for me as it seems I am going during some huge annual festival:eek:

Anyone else have any infor for Kellie or me!

Thanks!

Thanks Donna, glad I am not the only one in this boat. I have finally given up and booked a room on my own but got Radisson Ambassador for $134. I also found several great smaller hotels in Old San Juan but none had room available for me as it seems I am going during some huge annual festival:eek:

The San Sebastian street festival takes place the third weekend of January every year. It definitely took us longer to taxi to the port during this event. In 2011, it is January 14-18.

The San Sebastian street festival takes place the third weekend of January every year. It definitely took us longer to taxi to the port during this event. In 2011, it is January 14-18.

Yes that's it, we will plan some extra time to get around. Did you spend any time at the festival, what was going on, was it like Mardi Gras?

Kellie - glad you got a room - I am going to try Priceline a couple more times - actually going to let the other ladies bid and see what happens - then we might have to book on our own if that doesn't work.

Enjoy your trip and post when you return as we are right after you - 02/05/11 to 02/13/11!

I know that I've seen this info, but I can't seem to find it. I just read the last 10 pages or so and it wasn't there.

Can someone give a list of the areas that can be added when rebidding that do not have a resort? What about extra areas that do not have a 3.5 star (or are there any)?

Thanks so much.

Jewel Beth,

here's a breakdown of zones that have resorts/hotels in them:

Resorts- San Juan, Fajardo/Rio Grande/Humacao, Ponce/Guanica

5-Star- San Juan

4-Star- San Juan, Fajardo/Rio Grande/Humacao

3.5-Star- San Juan

Hope this helps.

I also seem to be one of those people who just can't get a room, no matter what I do. I started off wanting a resort, but now I've decided that something in the 3/5-4 star range would be great. I've bid up to $95 with all zones clicked, and still nothing. I'm looking for 1 room for February 24th-26th. Anyone know of any reason why this might not be working?