Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

When would you bid for pre-cruise stay in December? We need 1 night on 12/16.

Thanks!

You can bid anytime. I like booking my hotel early so I know I have it. We usually cruise around 12/10 so I'm looking now. We prefer to stay in the Condado Beach area of San Juan so I normally bid resorts in San Juan and get either the Marriott Stellaris or the LaConcha. However, LaConcha is now shown as a 4 star and not a resort. It looks like the Marriott has gone for $127 recently. This area is within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and a Walgreens for last minute items.

You can bid anytime. I like booking my hotel early so I know I have it. We usually cruise around 12/10 so I'm looking now. We prefer to stay in the Condado Beach area of San Juan so I normally bid resorts in San Juan and get either the Marriott Stellaris or the LaConcha. However, LaConcha is now shown as a 4 star and not a resort. It looks like the Marriott has gone for $127 recently. This area is within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and a Walgreens for last minute items.

The La Concha looks awesome, we got the Stellaris post-cruise though, also looks good. $115, March 27-31st.

1st time using priceline.

Oct 16, 2011 pre-cruise 1 day -Radisson Ambassador San Juan -$80 + tax

looks like about $145 on other sites right now...

What a rush!! It makes me nervous that you dont know what you are gonna get till you paid for it...

Just got the Radisson Ambassador for $86/nt plus taxes for 5/21. Bid for 3.5 star. Reviews are iffy but for one night it will do.

does anyone know if there is any place to buy wine nearby?

Edited by bcs819

Just booked the Intercontinental in San Juan Feb. 4- Feb. 5, 2012 on Hotwire for $120 plus taxes. This is a Sat. night. There can be a 20 percent resort fee if the Intercontinental does decide to charge for it. Not a bad deal nor a great one but I am happy to be booked this far in advance and don't have to think about it any more.

Just got 3 rooms at the Sheraton San Juan Convention Center Hotel for $90.00 plus tax each. Used Priceline and started at $80.00 and had to work my way up. This is for a precruise stay. The reviews are mixed but we won't be there that long. Guess it is a little far away from the action but close to the port so sounds fine for the short time we will be there.

I got the Radisson Ambassador for $75 ($91.16 after all taxes) for December 30th. I bid early (beg. of Feb) because it's right before New Year's and most hotels wanted a minimum 2 night stay. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor which were mixed, but for one night, as long as I have a clean room and bathroom, I'll be a happy camper.

Mimi:)

Seems like the pre cruise are more expensive than the post. especially if you wait two weeks before you need a hotel.

First $85 bid was accepted for Condado Plaza post cruise April 24

For pre-cruise April 16 I was Finally offered a re-bid from $125 to $160. I re-bid $140 with 4 star and got Marriott Stellaris resort.

Happy bidding...

Edited by Gordonzoo

I have been trying to bid $100-$110 for a resort or 4 star in San Juan. Question...i was asked if i wanted to rebid higher for $25.00. Does that pretty much guarantee I will get the room for that high? I bid $105 and $110 and received an offer to rebid for $25.00 more.

I just started bidding and my cruise is in October so I'll try for a little longer. I'll post here after I win

Does that pretty much guarantee I will get the room for that high?

If you accept their offer of $25 more, then yes you will have bought the room for that price. I did not accept the rebid and went back 24 hours later and offered $5 more and won with that bid. I think when you get an offer like that you are getting close to winning.

Ok...thanks...cute dog by the way :-)

I don't have any priceline/hotwire experience so I appreciate the feedback. I rebid the same amount, but maybe I'll try $5.00 and a little higher next time to see if that gets it. The hotels in the resort category are going from $175 to $200 so if i get it for $110 or $115, I'll be happy. Thanks again!

Yes with my re-bid offer I thought I was within $10 not $35 of getting a room but being within two weeks of needing a room I was getting nervous so I went up $15. That same room has a rack rate of $240/night and $140 was accepted. I think I could have done better if I had planned this trip a month earlier but hey this trip will set us back $6-K and at this point I now need to get my excursions lined up. Nothing like a spontaneous vacation. Can someone say Mai Tai :p

I have been trying to bid $100-$110 for a resort or 4 star in San Juan. Question...i was asked if i wanted to rebid higher for $25.00. Does that pretty much guarantee I will get the room for that high? I bid $105 and $110 and received an offer to rebid for $25.00 more.

I just started bidding and my cruise is in October so I'll try for a little longer. I'll post here after I win

If they offer you a price then they will accept it.