Receive a response from email on brownie riot

makeup face

I received a very nice personal letter in response to my email to Princess regarding the kids-gone-wild cruise:eek: Ms. Cahall made some points which I totally agree with. Princess can only do so much.....parents need to be responsible for the underage kids they bring on board. She assured me that measures have been taken....I quote "Please be assured that the safety and security of our passengers remains our first priority. As such actions have been taken by all on board staff, including Youth Security, in order to prevent such a situation from reoccurring".

I know their have been folks who have email or written letters to Princess and the response was not timely for them. But to tell you the true.....I didn't expect a response at all. So I'm please Ms. Cahall took the time to address my concerns......I also included my booking number so maybe that helped:D :D

I have seen the video and these "kids" do not look like they came with parents! Kids that come with parents aren't usually up at this hour nor allowed to drink!

I like cruising with Princess and have never had a problem. But watching this video it does not appear that Princess responded propely and "could" have gotten way out of hand. Hopefully, this was a lesson that they have learned from and will know how to better handle this if it ever happens again. Hopefully, it will never be allowed to get this far again!

I have seen the video and these "kids" do not look like they came with parents! Kids that come with parents aren't usually up at this hour nor allowed to drink!

Uh, that's a lot of credit you are giving parents! Unfortunately, your statement is far from being true as a general statement. Look how many families cruise together in separate cabins - do you really think when Mom & Dad go to bed that the 17 and 18 year olds across the hall are going to bed too? Uh, nope - and guess what? Mom and dad aren't there waiting for them either.

I have a 16-year old and let me tell you -- you have got to be on your toes 24/7 -- and my kid isn't a terrible kid. She can get in to trouble, but I stay a step ahead 99% of the time.

Also, whether teens are "allowed" to drink or not doesn't typically keep them from doing it.

Sorry, but you really need to be a bit more alert and less naive when making these statements.

I also received a response - But mine stated it would take 4-6 weeks to receive a full reply back. My email was being assigned a case # and they included my upcoming booking #. Kind of made me nervous as I didn't give them my booking # in my original email. I hope they don't boot me off the ship in January :-). But I agree, I was impressed that they're looking into it and am curious as to what my final response will say.

I am glad people have turned this video in the Princess.

the thing that really enterests me is that i had a complain about an out of control incident on Carnival and here is a quote for the response letter.

>"Please be assured that the safety and security of our passengers is our first priority.

We also want to assure

> you that we are concerned about the type of situations you have described

> and are taking additional measures to prevent a recurrence in the future.

> Additionally, we rely on the guardian or chaperons of minors onboard to

> provide supervision."

I wrote in the letter that these we not minors but 18- 22 year olds.

I hope the response that we both received back is not a general statement that is used in most complaints.

Cruzin2pariadise,

You need to take a closer look at this video. These were not kids! They were young adults between 18 and 23, 24 years old! Nor would I say that I am naive. I have children and they are 9, 24, and 26 years old and I have seen just about everything that kids can do. I am fully aware of what parents go through today. I can't disagree with you that sometimes parents do not know what happens after they are a sleep or where their children are. But that is another matter all together. The matter at hand is the response from security personal on this boat. This is about their response to, or lack of, that is the issue here.

And yes, I have "cruised" with family members, 53 of them.

I guess I missed something while we were cruising. Can I ask what happened, or is that opening a can of worms?

big time can of worms......two different threads on the issue were pulled almost immediately....if you want to find out...go to the top of this and do the google search, as suggested.

That was a totally disingenuous reply from Princess.

Those were not "kids". They were young adults and they took over the ship.

Excuse me but...did you receive the letter or did I. I quoted one sentence from my letter and you determined that my letter was a "totally disingenuous reply". How would you know from one sentence????...you wouldn't........

And another thing......did you card any of those "young adults" or ask any of them if they were cruising with mommy or daddy....didn't think so....

I also received a response - But mine stated it would take 4-6 weeks to receive a full reply back. My email was being assigned a case # and they included my upcoming booking #. Kind of made me nervous as I didn't give them my booking # in my original email. I hope they don't boot me off the ship in January :-). But I agree, I was impressed that they're looking into it and am curious as to what my final response will say.

I received the same email on September 14. I received my letter in the mail yesterday. So you should receive a letter soon. I gave them my booking # because I want Princess to know I'd be cruising on the Crown in April. Ms Cahall also refer to my two cousins on the same booking as myself. So I know she took a look at my email

Let us know when you receive your letter:D

Cruzin2pariadise,

You need to take a closer look at this video. These were not kids! They were young adults between 18 and 23, 24 years old! Nor would I say that I am naive. I have children and they are 9, 24, and 26 years old and I have seen just about everything that kids can do. I am fully aware of what parents go through today. I can't disagree with you that sometimes parents do not know what happens after they are a sleep or where their children are. But that is another matter all together. The matter at hand is the response from security personal on this boat. This is about their response to, or lack of, that is the issue here.

And yes, I have "cruised" with family members, 53 of them.

Actually....you need to take another look especially around the pool area. Yes the "boys" who were filming were older...but there were a lot who were under 21 in the general pool area just running around acting stupid.

Ms Cahall also address the Ship's security folks...what they can do up to a point in that type of situation. After she explained....I could see where she was coming from.

I received the same email on September 14. I received my letter in the mail yesterday. So you should receive a letter soon. I gave them my booking # because I want Princess to know I'd be cruising on the Crown in April. Ms Cahall also refer to my two cousins on the same booking as myself. So I know she took a look at my email

Let us know when you receive your letter:D

I will definitely share. This will be my first cruise with Princess and I have to say I'm very impressed with their customer service so far!

Archived