Millennium - Live

excitedofharpenden

Hey,

thanks for the reports. We are on millennium in 6 weeks and can't wait. We did your cruise back in May and really really enjoyed it.

Kepe the great reports coming. Would also love to see the new bedding.

Cheers

Ian :D

Phil thanks for your "onsite" review and comments. Sorry about Santorini - when we were there last October on Galaxy, we were fortunately the only ship there - which made it much easier to use the tram.

We had our first cruise on a M-class ship the Infinity to Alaska in September. We loved the S.S. United States for exceptional dining and service and my DW still raves about the goat cheese soufle.

Know what you mean about navigating around the vessel - it took us several days just to know where we were going - we kept going to the wrong deck.

Have a great cruise!

p.s. Hi Terry.

• 5 weeks later...
A quick report from the ship. We are at sea today on our way down to Santorini. Ship’s log at 12 noon, the depth of sea is 8061 feet, the wind 30 knots gusting to 65 and the weather is thundery showers.

We joined Millennium last Saturday in Venice with sunny skies and nice temperatures. Not too hot. Venice really is as wonderful as it looks in pictures, but boy it gets busy! We’d just finished a fantastic 8 day pre-cruise tour of Italy taking in Rome, Siena, Florence and Como and the busy schedule was both enjoyable and enlightening to someone who has never been to Italy. Dubrovnik yesterday was beautiful. If you feel up to it you must walk around the city walls for some spectacular views. I did the whole thing, but you can just do sections if you want.

Embarkation was painless. It is good to be back on a Celebrity ship again! This is my first time on an M-Class ship and so far I am VERY impressed. Once again the reports of a tatty old rust bucket are unfounded (at least to my eyes). The ship looks in fine order. No nasty smells around that I have noticed either. The new mattress and bedding is very nice too and comfortable. I’m in inside cabin 7097. This is my first time in an inside and I would have no hesitation in staying in one again. Plenty of space to hang clothes and a good sized shower. I miss the balcony somewhat, but the location makes it easy to get out on deck and most importantly, I am on the ship! I haven’t decided whether I like the M-Class more than Galaxy or Mercury. I’ll give it a few days. I am finding it more difficult to navigate, but that is probably from not being familiar with the layout yet. One area that I do prefer on Galaxy and Mercury is the T-Pool. Too busy on this ship for my liking. It feels much more like a private spa on the smaller ships. I really hope they don’t dispense with the T-Pool on Galaxy and Mercury if they do make them over a la Century.

The weather is stormy at the moment. Take a look at the Celebrity at Sea webcam. Rain, wind and pretty rough seas. Millie is handling it fine.

Just a word on bringing wine aboard. I bought a couple of bottles whilst in the Chianti wine region and was able to bring/sneak/smuggle (delete as appropriate) it on with no problems. Others in our group similarly had no problems.

That’s it for now. I’ll do a fuller review when I’m home, but to sum up I love this ship and crew and am looking forward to the rest of the ports of call.

Phil

Hi Phil,

We appreciated your review so far of the Millennium trip to Eastern Caribbean so far. Could you please help me out? We are getting close to booking our airfare separately and are considering a preItalian trip. Could you e-mail me to let us know what trip you took? Thanks, Dorothy & Morty mrs_z@bellsouth.net

I am sure you do not want to spend your vacation time on the computer but I love reading the live reports!!! How is the coffee? :o

Hi jordie:) I think Phil has been back home for a a few weeks

now....so his vacation is over;)

They sailed late Sept/Early October.

Hi

We're still here. Glad to hear the ship is nice Phil. You gave us some great suggestions for Galaxy and friends of ours did book 1200 on Sky Deck. We'll be in SS 1218.

Garry - we'll be seeing Lucy, Ray, Joyce, Carl, Whoof and Bob this coming weekend. We're going to NYC to see a show, have dinner at Sardis and we're going by limo. Now, how can you beat that, except be on a cruise.

We're still sailing Galaxy next March with another couple and looking forward to the SS. Never had one before.

Where are you cruising next?

Love to Bob and stay in touch. We really miss our gang from Summit. Our thread for this trip is just about dead.

Keep in touch.

Pat C

I am living my trip thru your reports! LOL. I go in February, and can't wait.

Can you possibly find out if the captain is Michael Karatsis (sp) and if he will still be on the Millie in february. I really need to find out. Thanks and continue to have a wonderful time.

If you get a chance can you also check out cabin 6140 and tell me what you think?

I am in Florida but have family in St Albans, next to you!

I am on the 2/25 sailing. Originally booked for April but they changed the sailing so at least I got some OBC! hope I hear from Phil regarding the captain being there in feb...I think I may know him from the past so that would be awesome!

Yes, indeed I have been home for nearly a month now and still haven't gotten round to doing a proper review yet, but we did have a fantastic time. There are some pictures of the trip in the photo link in my signature. Warning. There are a lot including our pre-cruise tour. You might want to skip to page 27 where the cruise photos start.

jordie, the regular coffee was ok, but the Cova Capuccino was very good although $2.80 a cup.

sheilb4, the Captain was Zisis Taramas. I'm afraid I didn't ask how long he was going to be on the ship. I'm guessing the weather in Florida is slightly better than St Albans, but the fall foliage here is nice all the same and the sun's out today.:)

Hi Pat. Have a great cruise next March on Galaxy. A number of us including Bob and Garry will be on Constellation next March, Ultimate Caribbean and then a short five nighter on Century straight after.:cool:

Phil

Arno,

Staff Captain Taramas is currently replacing Millennium's regular Captain Karatzas who is on vacation, but will return for the 11/24 Transatlantic cruise.

Simon Weir is the current Cruise Director, but Simon will go on vacation on 11/24. I have no idea who will replace him for the 6 week period he will be off the ship. (Dru Pavlov maybe?).

Best Regards,

Floris

Thanks Phil

I do hope some day we can "officially" cruise together. You were missed last March. We thought about the cruise you guys are all going on and we'd already done that so as Galaxy is visiting a few places we'd never gone we decided on doing this one instead.

Garry & Bob a terrific. The trip he organized in Honolulu to the Arizona was the best one we've ever taken, especially since it was all our own group on the bus.

I know some of the Martini Gang had planned on your March trip and had to change plans. The Posse is also skipping, in full, this trip but we are looking at Alaska in 2008. At least we all get together "off cruising" and see each other. It's great to have made so many friends through CC.

Keep in touch.

Pat

Archived