Best Thing About Princess

Sandytoes

This is a wonderful thread...

I haven't cruised Princess yet...but am booked...what brought me to Princess

Affordable Balconies

Class of passengers (from what I have heard)...I thought Carnival was the WalMart of Cruising...I heard Princess was Macy's, lol

24 hour Horizon court, lol

the wonderful FCC program...we will be booking a Southern cruise for April of 08, while onboard. Maybe even deposit for something else.

There is more....

Ambiance.

Princess provides an overall atmosphere that is friendly, inviting, and welcoming. Princess service is efficient and personable without being intrusive. Princess ship decor is understated yet elegant. Princess attracts passengers who expect to be treated well but aren't pretentious.

Ambiance. There's simply a special feeling of belonging on Princess that we hadn't experienced on other lines.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Please don't take offense at the WalMart comment (I KNEW some would). Think about it...WalMart is the #1 retailer in the world. They didn't get that way by doing things poorly, pricing things too high or treating their customers badly. We think of Princess in exactly the same way. I don't go on Princess to have my ego massaged...I don't shop at WalMart for that reason either. I go there because it provides me the best for the least. Princess is a business (just like WalMart)...they do things the way they do because it makes their stockholders money, not because they are trying to be a premium cruise line (which they're not). The way they do things happens to appeal to my style of cruising; the fact that they go all over the world while doing it appeals to me even more.

What I find so amusing is that one of the things Princess does the BEST (appealing to a wide audience (per Cruise Junky...thank you)) is exactly what brings out so many negative opinions...i.e. the kids were disruptive, the northeasterners talked funny and acted worse, the Texans didn't dress right, the smokers, the seniors, etc. etc. You know what I mean. Princess is universally appealing, which means that all of us can expect to encounter a lot of fellow passengers very unlike ourselves. I guess you can add that to the list of what I like best about Princess.

And that's a big positive...NOT a negative.

They are on all ships except for the MUTS ships..

Most of the time, they were closed by 9pm on the Crown. There was 1 night when 1 pool stayed open until midnight. Not sure about any others.

The hottubs weren't open 24/7 either on the Crown.

Most of the time, they were closed by 9pm on the Crown. There was 1 night when 1 pool stayed open until midnight. Not sure about any others.

The hottubs weren't open 24/7 either on the Crown.

Yes I said that... I guess you do not know the MUTS ships.. They are the Crown, Caribbean and the Grand.

To this point, we've only been on one Princess cruise, on the Diamond to Alaska in June, 2004.

While it's hard to make apples to apples comparisons since all of our other cruises have been to the Caribbean and/or the Bahamas, there were some things that stodd out that we liked, to wit;

• Fresh water pools.
  • Muster drill inside, in an air conditioned area, as opposed to outside in the heat and humidity.
  • The future cruise booking program.

We will be on the Sun in eight days. We booked mainly due to the itinerary, but our previous Princess experience certainly didn't hurt when it came time to decide!

Pools are not open 24/7, FYI.

I read these boards every day and I had not seen anything about the MUTS ships pools not being open 24/7. Other CC posters on our cruise did not know this either. Not a big deal....... but I did have an issue with both of the main pools not opening until after 10:00 am on the last sea day!

I love the ice cream and desserts on Princess. They are the best! :)

• Administrators

Let's stay on topic here -- which is Best Things About Princess.

If you have nothing to offer up in that vein, your posts are considered to be disruptive in nature and will be removed. Continued posts of a disruptive nature will result in losing your posting privileges.

Another best thing about Princess – they way they handle things when everything isn’t excellent. I’ve had issues here and there that have needed attention while on board Princess ships and each and every time, these issues have been resolved excellently. And in a few cases I’ve made friends with the staff members who have helped me. Attention to detail and new friends – what more can one ask for?

I liked the way they go out of their way to please you.

I asked for the chair to be removed from our cabin, since we weren't using it and it took up space. Before I knew it, the Cabin Steward had it out.

Also, I think Princess listens to their passengers. likes \ dislikes, and tries to make the necessary changes to please us.

One of the best things about Princess is their pasta (especially in the Dining Room) - lots of variety, lots of sauce, lots of taste.

While others "pig out' on filet and lobster, when on Sea Princess, we enjoy their pasta in particular, and Italian food in general. The Sitmar/Italian Dining Room legacy is a definite plus!

We have our first cruise in 24 days WOOHOOO

The thing that made us decide to book Princess was the cost of a great balcony cabin, the choice of anytime dining or traditional and the freshwater pools.

I'm very excited :D I just don't understand some people. What do they think they are gaining ? :confused: Are they just trying their hardest to make other people as miserable as they are ? Don't waste your time, it doesn't work even one little bit, we are all still happy :D

I loved those wonderful little cookies in our cabin at embarkation.

I loved the lobster tails, and the wonderful waiters who worked so hard to make us comfortable.

I loved the way our room steward took such good care of us, and kept our room perfect.

I love that I get to do it all again next July.

Karen

For all who participated in this thread, Thank You....

For over thirty years we have always taken luxury vacations all over the world but for the past 5 years we have choosen Princess as our yearly vacation.....We enjoy cruising more than anything now. We are content with Princess that we can't even think about changing lines.

As Princess states :Thank you for choosing Princess where it’s all about what you want out of a cruise. You could have settled for someone else’s version of what your vacation should be, but instead you’ve chosen to make it your own with Personal Choice Cruising. No other vacation is so far from the status quo and so easily molded to your wants and needs.

How true.

Thanks again for sharing your best experience on Princess.

Here's hoping you have many more to come.

Archived