*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

And still MORE pictures from the MasterChef Dinner:

A group shot of one of the 8pm tables ... you can see Mary Ellen and her hubby on the left with Bob, on the right you see the2ofus, calm_seas, and Pat

groupdin1.jpg

Christopher looking dorky :)

christopherdin1.jpg

Ditto for longtimecruiser!

longtimecruiserdin1.jpg

RuthC:

Do you have a room mate this trip?

Nope! :) I can toss everything everywhere I want to. PLUS! I don't have to close the bathroom door.

I miss your song titles and stories.

:confused: huh? But I've been posting and using song titles every time. True, I've not posted as often as when I'm doing an individual thread, but I'm here. I'm here.

Last Hawaiian Night Dinner Photos:

Longtimecruiser and RevNeal

longtimecruiserrevneal1.jpg

RuthC planting a great big kiss on SirScott!

ruthkissingscott1.jpg

SirScott feeding Calm_Seas

scottfeedingcalmseas.jpg

Not to be outdone, RuthC feeding SirScott!

ruthfeedingscott.jpg

Sir Scott after SEVEN (7) WangWangs!

scottwangwang7.jpg

Great photos, Greg!

Your mp4 file just opens a nasty text screen...and downloads with a .txt ending...for me, anyway(!). If it's on your website, I'll try going to it from there!

Keep 'em coming! (and thanks!)

Paul

Paul, I actually got a bit more. I got sound and can hear them talking but no video.:o

hmmmm ... it is possible that there was a problem with the upload, because the file plays fine for me. It is a QUICKTIME file, not an .rm file. I may try converting it and upload a .rm file version of it ... later. We've got lunch in a few minutes ... and heaven forbid I miss a meal!!! :D

Paul, I actually got a bit more. I got sound and can hear them talking but no video.:o

Hmmm...'tis a mystery to me, and I'm using a Mac! I've sent email to Greg...maybe he'll have a suggestion; I'll post if he does, and if he doesn't...clear? LOL

Paul ;)

hmmmm ... it is possible that there was a problem with the upload, because the file plays fine for me. It is a QUICKTIME file, not an .rm file. I may try converting it and upload a .rm file version of it ... later. We've got lunch in a few minutes ... and heaven forbid I miss a meal!!! :D

By all means, Greg...grab some lunch! Wouldn't want you to waste away totally!!!! (Looking good there, Bub!)

Funny, if it was a QT file, my QT should have automatically opened it...oh, well...I can wait on the dancin' elves!! :D

Enjoy! (and thanks once again!)

Ok ... here's the dancing at bar video in .rm format. Try it.

http://www.revneal.org/zaandam2006/dancingattable.rm

It's Richard, Scottt, and Longtimecruiser doing the twist while seated on their bar stools in the Crows Nest. I'm shooting video with my digital camera.

That did it, Greg...opened RealPlayer for me....

Thanks!

Paul

I managed to open the MP4 file - just right click the link and save it to your desktop, but when you do, remove the .txt extension at the end and add .mp4. If you have QuickTime Player it should open & play back correctly.

Looks like a fun time, by the way!

I managed to open the MP4 file - just right click the link and save it to your desktop, but when you do, remove the .txt extension at the end and add .mp4. If you have QuickTime Player it should open & play back correctly.

Thanks, Aaron...that worked, too! (Duh!..."remove the .txt" Sheesh! Didn't even "see" the .mp4 in front of it!)

Paul :o

Greg,

I loved the video! All the photos make me smile. It looks like a very special cruise experience. Thank you (and all the CCers) so much for sharing this cruise with all of us.

I'm coming down to the embarcadero Sunday morning to take photos. When is the Zaandam scheduled to arrive?

peggy

I'm always fascinated by human nature. For example, last night was our second (of three) formal nights. Most of the men looked elegant in tuxedos or dinner jackets, and most of the remainder were in suits. Very nice. But, as always, there are a fewe who just don't get it. I saw a man in the Crow's Nest during second sitting cocktail time. He was wearing shorts and a red tank top which showed off his hairy armpits when he propped his elbow on the bar. :eek: Ugh.

Then this morning there was another lifeboat drill scheduled for 10:30. I headed off to breakfast a full hour before, and shared the elevator with a woman carrying her life vest. She was going to her station to be there on time, dang nab it.

So in a few short hours we go from one who can't even approach conformity to society's rules to one who can't wait to comply.

Strange.

Did I mention the stowaway jumped ship in Hawaii?

I hope you don't mind me intruding here on this thread to ask all of you experienced Spammers a question. There was a thread started a few mos ago entitled "Why did HAL change" where the participants told stories about loud piped in music following them throughout the ship; and jeans being allowed in the dining room, etc. That thread really bothered me. I didn't experience that at all on our last cruise on the Westerdam in Jan 06 and part of the reason my husband and I love cruising so much is that magical break from the ordinary. RuthC just touched on it a bit above when she mentioned the pax with shorts on a formal night. Can you tell us what your experience has been like.

Blessings to you all and we too are so glad that you are all safe and sound after the earthquake.

I'm always fascinated by human nature. For example, last night was our second (of three) formal nights. Most of the men looked elegant in tuxedos or dinner jackets, and most of the remainder were in suits. Very nice. But, as always, there are a fewe who just don't get it. I saw a man in the Crow's Nest during second sitting cocktail time. He was wearing shorts and a red tank top which showed off his hairy armpits when he propped his elbow on the bar. :eek: Ugh.

Then this morning there was another lifeboat drill scheduled for 10:30. I headed off to breakfast a full hour before, and shared the elevator with a woman carrying her life vest. She was going to her station to be there on time, dang nab it.

So in a few short hours we go from one who can't even approach conformity to society's rules to one who can't wait to comply.

Strange.

RuthC.....you have one terrific sense of humor......I have totally enjoyed reading this thread....RevNeal....thank you so much for all the pix, they have been so enjoyable.

Strange.

Why a second lifeboat drill on the same cruise?

Archived