Sleeping On Deck

tradogna

Has anyone every spent the whole night sleeping on deck. Me an my daughter love the fresh air and can not get a balcony [there sold out] Did you bring your own sleeping bag, did you feel safe. Thanks O and what deck did you sleep on.

Has anyone every spent the whole night sleeping on deck. Me an my daughter love the fresh air and can not get a balcony [there sold out] Did you bring your own sleeping bag, did you feel safe. Thanks O and what deck did you sleep on.

you may get very wet when they hose down the outside decks at 3am

I wouldn't spend the night on deck any more than I would at a public beach. There are safety issues you should consider. After all, there are alot of strangers on board and even tho nothing is likely to happen, why tempt fate?

They may think you are a stowaway. I would think they would discourage it. I you want to sleep out under the stars, why not go camping. :D

When I was single I shared a cabin with 2 other singles and one of them slept on deck a couple of nights. All I can say is she was very disgruntled when returning to the room in the morning...

I would expect the ship's security crew would have you removed if they found you sleeping outside. For all they know, you're drunk & have passed out or are a stowaway. Think of the Jennifer Hagle Smith case - she was found by the crew sleeping where she shouldn't have been and they removed her & took her to her cabin.

If sleeping out on deck is what you like to do, try WindStar Cruises. They encourage it!

I would expect the ship's security crew would have you removed if they found you sleeping outside. For all they know, you're drunk & have passed out or are a stowaway. Think of the Jennifer Hagle Smith case - she was found by the crew sleeping where she shouldn't have been and they removed her & took her to her cabin.

If sleeping out on deck is what you like to do, try WindStar Cruises. They encourage it!

So does Windjammer, and lots of people do! I wouldn't feel very secure sleeping on deck on a big cruise line though.

I haven't slept on deck since booking deck passage on the Brindisi - Patras shuttle across the Ionian Sea in April '78 :)

Frankly, it got cold and uncomfortable...

I got off the ship with friends in Corfu at sunrise and spent a hellacious 24 hours there before reboarding and stopping in Igouminitsa then Patras where we picked up the train to Athens. I left them and proceeded to Cairo...

Great memories (except for the overnight deck passage)

Spent 2 or 3 nights sleeping on deck some years back on the old Fair Princess. Just after we crossed the equator, on our way to Tahiti, the a/c went out on the whole ship. Almost everyone slept on deck. It wasn't fun. They turned the lights out but it sure got light early. Everyone was tired. The cruise ended a day early and we missed Bora Bora. We did have a day at Club Med Morea though!

Cheers,

Dee

I've been out on deck in the wee morning hours and I just don't see the draw for anyone to want to sleep there. The lights are all on so it's pretty hard to see the stars. It's a big, open public space. Reminded me of a cavernous, empty train station. I'd much rather sleep in bed in my cabin.

Archived