now I have seen it all...

AftbalconyCouple

I wonder how many corridor carts they had to raid to get their inventory.

Naw, there are only a few of them, no digging through carts was needed for that one. What amazes me more is that they cruise but are so hard up they have to sell free shampoo and conditioner on ebay :confused: :confused:

I guess it goes to show, some will do anything to get that cruise money............kind of an addict. LOL

Hey AftBalcony,

Those aren't even the little plastic bottles you get in the mini-suites!!:confused:

But be careful saying you've seen it all - someone will make it their personal goal to out-do the shampoo lady!

Of course, you do have to admire her entrepreneurial spirit.......

Cigal

My husband brought a bunch home and it is still in our shower- HE LOVES IT. I can't imagine selling "free" products on ebay...also can't imagine buying them...

I would bet that you husband might consider buying them if there were none left in your shower and your next cruise was 6 months away :) (they might even make a great gift for someone (perfect size for stocking stuffers...))

I have a friend who always buys a different shampoo whenever she travels. She uses it for the entire time on vacation, then when she returns home she will use it every so often and the smell reminds her of her vacation. I am sure there is someone who would be willing to pay $3 for a chance to recapture their cruise experience. There is probably even someone out there who collects shampoo samples or cruise ship items and may never have even been on a Princess cruise. And hey, if anyone is interested, I have some Princess Patters that I would be willing to let go for a very good price...

Notice another sale item? Baby coupons that one gets free online when signing up for new baby web pages, and she wants to sell $22 worth. It gets better all the time. LOL

Does not surprise me that people will actually pay for it. When people actually buy left over food that some artist left at a restaurant on Ebay I often wonder what the future will bring.

Wow! Why don't they just donate all the items to a homeless shelter, orphanage, etc:) Seems to me that the "good feeling" you would get would be worth more than the few bucks made on E Bay, plus look at the time and hassle they would save by not having to list all those items:D

I bet there are people out there that collect cruise items and if they have a collection of Princess stuff who knows what it will be worth in the future.

What about the Queen Mary in Long Island, plenty of people sailed on her when she wasnt at all famous. I bet stuff from that is now worth a fortune. I wouldnt personally buy it but being an antique dealer I know what collectors are!

This is hilarious. Especially when I found the Princess products to be horrible - like washing your hair with detergent. I just came back from staying in hotels in Europe, and they give you bottles of designer soaps, conditioners, shampoos, lotions and all sorts of other things, and trust me, they were very high quality and everyone was collecting them! But Princess cardboard packets? Yikes.

This is hilarious. Especially when I found the Princess products to be horrible - like washing your hair with detergent. I just came back from staying in hotels in Europe, and they give you bottles of designer soaps, conditioners, shampoos, lotions and all sorts of other things, and trust me, they were very high quality and everyone was collecting them! But Princess cardboard packets? Yikes.

probably packed with sweaty hands and between dirty clothes,double Yikes

This is totally outrageous.. You'd have to laugh at the sheer over-the-top looniness.

How many of us will see if there's any bids?

What Happens If there Are NO BIDS?

- - - the Princess LOTUS SPA EUCALYPTUS lotion shampoo it will be returned to the vendor, at the vendor's expense.:rolleyes:

One shampoo packet is in a little rougher shape than all the others, but is still sealed completely.:eek:

As long as the offeree got it through normal means, ie from their cabin, and did not take a bunch from the room steward's cart then I see no harm-no foul in offering this up for bid.

I can also see why someone may want to bid on this. They have either been on a Princess cruise in the past and can no longer so this helps bring back memories. Or perhaps a kid who is interested in cruise ships (lines) and wants to add to his collection.

In either case, the thought may not occur to them to go to a site such as this and look into the "cruise meet" threads and ask someone to pick up something like this for them.

Archived