Help for the perfect black A-line dress

Silver Anniv

Hello all you wonderful Fashionista’s. I’ve picked up so many wonderful tips, and many of you are so talented at putting clothes together. I’m now paying attention to how clothes fit, and colors that look well on me. Something I hadn’t done before. I’m actually getting more compliments from my co-workers on my outfits, so something is “sinking in”. And it’s all because of you. I love it when you describe how you put your clothes together, gives me so much “food-for-thought”!!!!!

Now to my quest for help. I’m looking to purchase a dress to take on my upcoming holiday cruise (We’re also spending Christmas week in FL before the cruise). I’d like a black A-line long sleeved turtleneck dress that falls to the calf (and wear boots). I’ve searched so many sites and can’t seem to find anything available in A-line, all are straight skirts. Is this not fashionable anymore? As a last resort, last night I tried on a black A-line jersey knit skirt and matched it with a black jersey knit turtleneck, didn’t seem quite right.

Any suggestions?

Kim

Now to my quest for help. I’m looking to purchase a dress to take on my upcoming holiday cruise (We’re also spending Christmas week in FL before the cruise). I’d like a black A-line long sleeved turtleneck dress that falls to the calf (and wear boots). I’ve searched so many sites and can’t seem to find anything available in A-line, all are straight skirts. Is this not fashionable anymore? As a last resort, last night I tried on a black A-line jersey knit skirt and matched it with a black jersey knit turtleneck, didn’t seem quite right.

Any suggestions?

Kim

I used to own this dress before I wore it out! I'll keep my eyes open and post if I find it.

However since what you are describing is so conservative, look in conservative venues like Banana Republic, J.Crew, Talbots, etc.

Travelsmith - indispensable travel dress--comes in a mock turtleneck. I have a summer (sleeveless) version that I adore--wear it all the time for work and, obviously, it's great for travel too--packs easily, no wrinkles, dries quickly.

spacer01.gif

http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=811&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C250%2C282&iProductID=811&sortBy=0

It does come in black.

5184.jpg.fd9def69851b342bd1127043a52ca9d7.jpg

Travelsmith - indispensable travel dress--comes in a mock turtleneck. I have a summer (sleeveless) version that I adore--wear it all the time for work and, obviously, it's great for travel too--packs easily, no wrinkles, dries quickly.

spacer01.gif

Hoya...I see in your signature you sail in 2 days:)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:D

Thanks Lois! I have all my clothing laid out on the guest bed--still haven't actually done the packing yet. But I am bringing my sleeveless indispensable travelsmith dress for a casual night or two. Our cruise has 3 formal, 2 informal, and 6 casual dinners. So I'm sticking mostly with knit dresses ;-)

Hoya, that is too funny:D I recently found a couple of those

wonderful knits too....got a really cute dress on

Coldwater Creek's outlet store (on the net) It is long with a lovely

blue-black-tealish mosaic print.

And in the local Coldwater Creek store here in town...a new

purple skirt:D (my color!) with a lovely top to match.

The skirt is long and the top is a print with purples and golds

in it. They look great together and they were on sale too!

These items take up NO SPACE for packing!:) You gotta love it!

Thanks so much for all the responses, I knew I could come to you all for help. Several of these I've already seen. I'm considering the ones from Nordstroms (no A-line) and Newport (no turtleneck)

Hoyaheel: The one from Travel Smith looks like what I'm looking for, funny I thought I looked there too, but didn't see that one. Thanks for bring it to my attention, looks great, glad to know you have it and get a lot of use from it. I plan to wear it to work as well.

BlueHerons: Thanks, I didn't look at Banana Republic or J.Crew. I did Talbots already, nothing.

I thought with all the fall clothes out, that kind of dress would be available, seems like a "staple" for the fall wardrobe.

Happy shopping everyone!!!!

Kim

Archived