Conquest late today into Galveston. (Man Overboard Thread)

Hypo

NOON! That would be fine if you didn't have a flight to get too.........I bet those with early flights and those waiting to get on her are NOT happy. We rarely schedule an early flight just because I don't want to end a relaxing cruise with a rush, rush, rush to the airport. That tends to put a real damper on it for me.

But NOON is way later than late no matter what time they booked flights. Many people will miss flights after debarkation & the long ride to Houston airports.

Will the Conquest be closer to the Harbor cam in the picture? I'm leaving in a week and I always miss seeing her.

If you mean will the Conquest dock in front of the Rhapsody, yes. As WildWillie mentioned it is a treat to see the ship rotate and it should be very clear in the Harbor House cam.

Last year on our last morning I couldn't sleep so went up on deck way before daylight just as the Conquest was nearing the pier. It was unbelievable to stand up on deck and watch as it rotated around and docked.

Will the Conquest be closer to the Harbor cam in the picture? I'm leaving in a week and I always miss seeing her.
Fancy seeing you here! Last week she was right in front the Harbor Cam... Sure hope she's on time for us next week or there may be some swimming out to find her- I can only imagine people on there now who are fit to be tied!!!:mad:

But NOON is way later than late no matter what time they booked flights. Many people will miss flights after debarkation & the long ride to Houston airports.

Not to mention all the people trying to get ON the ship. Let's see.... late in, motorcycles everywhere, rainy weather,.... I can hear them now, Galveston su*ks as a port!

Hi funlady - yes, I went over to our roll call and was all happy she was here, then BAM - it's not the Conquest.

I hope people don't blame Galveston. Since we drive to the port, I keep hoping more ships with longer & different itineraries will dock. I haven't gone anywhere but the western Carribean, BUT I haven't had to fly. It's a trade off.

The ship tracker is showing a 6 hour time difference between Galveston time and theirs. The Conquest doesn't seem that far out in relation to where they were coming from and the distance they would have to have travelled in the last 24 hours. So they would have to be either travelling at a crawl or not travelling at all. :o

The ship tracker is showing a 6 hour time difference between Galveston time and theirs. The Conquest doesn't seem that far out in relation to where they were coming from and the distance they would have to have travelled in the last 24 hours. So they would have to be either travelling at a crawl or not travelling at all. :o

The shipping fairway out of Galveston Bay is governed by a slow speed limit. It is a veritable city of offshore platforms for nearly 200 miles.

The shipping fairway out of Galveston Bay is governed by a slow speed limit. It is a veritable city of offshore platforms for nearly 200 miles.

Ain't that the truth.. I couldn't believe how many we saw coming back.. I was out on the balcony and all you could see was lights .. they are everywhere:eek:

Hi funlady - yes, I went over to our roll call and was all happy she was here, then BAM - it's not the Conquest.

I hope people don't blame Galveston. Since we drive to the port, I keep hoping more ships with longer & different itineraries will dock. I haven't gone anywhere but the western Carribean, BUT I haven't had to fly. It's a trade off.

I hope no one blames Galveston, either. I am sure we will all find out what happened when they do fianlly get in! Guess she will be late leaving today as well- hope we can see in the dark. I like the idea of being able to leave from Galveston, alot...

I hope no one blames Galveston, either. I am sure we will all find out what happened when they do fianlly get in! Guess she will be late leaving today as well- hope we can see in the dark. I like the idea of being able to leave from Galveston, alot...

I don't think it has anything to do with a late arrival.. Our debarkation was horrid and we were ontime.. Also not only the cruise terminal (customs) but the pax as well listening to the proper Deck# called along with the colour of tags..

This was only our 2nd cruise but others with us 6th, 7th 8th cruise said the samething.. it was horrendous:rolleyes:

I am anxious to hear what went on for this one tho:D

Folks if the tracker is current she will not be in by noon,

I fish that area and in the fastest boats on the coast

60 MPH average speed it still takes us 2 hours to get to where she currently is...

John

It looks like that plot is about 3hrs 45min old.

We are also watching, and waiting. Hope those who see this will not go to the port to soon. It will be a mess trying to get everyone off the ship.

I am sure there are people already there :p As it says in the welcome aboard booklet don't go before 1am or something.. those there early will just have a long wait;)

I'm on the ship right now. Due into port at 11:00. A man went overboard at 11:30 PM and ship did search and rescue/search and recovery until 3:30 AM. No luck. Coast Gurad is on the scene

Oh how unforunate.. hope they can find him.. :(

I'm on the ship right now. Due into port at 11:00. A man went overboard at 11:30 PM and ship did search and rescue/search and recovery until 3:30 AM. No luck. Coast Gurad is on the scene

Thankyou for the update. I hope all turns out well.

This is becoming something of a trend on the Conquest sadly.:(

Thankyou for the update. I hope all turns out well.

This is becoming something of a trend on the Conquest sadly.:(

That's a rather unfair statement. It happens on many ships....not Just Conquest.

Sorry to hear that. It's a tragedy on any ship.

Archived