Conquest late today into Galveston. (Man Overboard Thread)

Hypo

That's a rather unfair statement. It happens on many ships....not Just Conquest.

Sorry to hear that. It's a tragedy on any ship.

Whether fair or unfair is in the eye of the individual. It is the second time in 5 weeks and 3rd time in 14 months. That is alot for any ship.

If you have read any of my reviews you know I always check the Galveston harbor web cam before I leave for Galveston. At least I can plan for a delay if she is not there.

Galveston nor the Conquest can be blamed for this delay. Thanks Kchick.

word on the street is that Conquest will be in around noon

The are going to be in for a shock. There are a gazillion motorcycles down in Galveston for some sort of rally. They were expected 300,000 over the weekend. Even the natives are complaining that it is just too many people.

Tucker in Texas

I just came in on Rhapsody of the Seas and the word is that he Conquest (around 5 am) sped up, and make a quick u turn and then stopped. The sign in Galveston tells everyone to come back a 2 PM for check in. Sorry no other news. Joyce

My laptop went dead. It's 1:00 and they're just getting all the self assist people off. A million stories about who the victim was but they definitely haven't found him. I spoke with the Coast Guard again...very tight lipped but no they haven't.. If you check the stats this is the 5th this year but CC is the biggest. Very rarely...read never....do they find them. One woman was found alive after 4 hours in the water off Florida but the dead ones are never found

Archived