Famous people spotted as cruise passengers

ERJ145

A few years back, I believe we were on the Majesty of the Seas, Gloria took her entire family. We saw them in the dining room, maybe 5 big tables. They were having alot of fun! Generous gal!

I also believe she is the Godmother of one of the ships but I can't remember which one. I met her in Washington, DC. She is a very lovely lady!!

Finally, someone I know LOL :D ;) I bet it was a kick to meet CG!

###

We may not have even seen him, as he was walking behind us down the ocrridor to our cabins. My wife glanced back and saw the chicken necklace - and sure enough it was him. (He wore his famous chicken beads on formal night)

Barry Williams from The Brady Bunch (greg) was on our 99 cruise. He was the entertainment but he also enjoyed himself at the midnight buffet.

Asked me to dance with him. Pretty cool. He actually is a very nice down to earth fella.

Hf

I actually sat next to him on a plane a few years back and he was a really nice guy. We talked about kids since it was right before Christmas and I my carry-on was a large remote control vehicle my son wanted and I couldn't get around here. Also on the flight was Jackee from Sister Sister, and Jeff Conaway from Taxi. It was the has been flight.

Reba McIntire was on our NCL Star cruise in July of 2005. She was not entertaining on the cruise, just vacationing with her family. They stayed in one of the Garden Villa Suites. My wife saw her in the Internet Library and our cruisemates saw her at the Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan. I did see a couple of pictures that the ship's photograper took of her and her family in the Photo Gallery.

. I Emailed him from his website and he wrote back and said he loved the cruise, especially Hubbard Glacier!!

I loved that you emailed him later, that shows a lot of respect. I'm good with faces and names and have spotted several celebrity's of various stature and try to avoid to direct of contact. I did see Oympian Butch Reynolds at a restaurant and in passing told him good luck in his lawsuit against the IOC. (He was not engaged in conversation or eating at the time :) I did get seated next to Captain Lou Albano on an airplane once. The one that I didn't recognize got me big time. I sat next to a guy on an airplane back in the 80's and I didn't realize it but he was a famous big time evangelist who has just been released from prison after serving a sentence for embezzeling. As I walked off the jetway, all of these TV camera lights snapped on and I thought it was for me :)

I also believe she is the Godmother of one of the ships but I can't remember which one. I met her in Washington, DC. She is a very lovely lady!!

Lucky you. I had tickets to see her and a back stage pass. She didn't show. Some lame excuse about a bus accident. ;)

Last year on the Radiance I was playing Black-Jack with a really nice guy who kinda looked like Santa. We were playing for a couple of hours-we winded up winning a extra large bottle of Champagne for being the loudest table. The gentlemans name I believe was Jim Icould be wrong.

His name is Michael.:)

Oh My God, and he at least got rid of the makeup junky Tammy Faye who had her makeup professionally done by MAACO!.

I loved that you emailed him later, that shows a lot of respect. I'm good with faces and names and have spotted several celebrity's of various stature and try to avoid to direct of contact. I did see Oympian Butch Reynolds at a restaurant and in passing told him good luck in his lawsuit against the IOC. (He was not engaged in conversation or eating at the time :) I did get seated next to Captain Lou Albano on an airplane once. The one that I didn't recognize got me big time. I sat next to a guy on an airplane back in the 80's and I didn't realize it but he was a famous big time evangelist who has just been released from prison after serving a sentence for embezzeling. As I walked off the jetway, all of these TV camera lights snapped on and I thought it was for me :)

On the SOS in 98 Rondale Sheridan(sp) Raven's Dad was the entertainment. I saw him walking the halls a few times.

On the DCL's Wonder in Sept I shared an elevator with Susan Egan(sp) who played Belle on Broadway and Meg in Hercules.

The most famous person I ever saw on a cruise ship was Jaws. Not the shark mind you But Richard Kiel, Jaws from the James Bond movies. He was on Rhapsody out of San Pedro back in the nineties. He was very friendly and welcomed us when we said hello.

In the mid 80s my mother worked for a company that he had something to do with. My mother introduced us to him, as my brother way a huge fan of James Bond. We were at some type of show and I got really sick. I remember walking through halls trying to find my mother. I got just inside the door and passed out cold. He caught me before I hit the ground. I remember waking up and him carrying me. He smiled down at me with that James Bond smile and I managed a scream before I passed out again. I ended up in the hospital and was very sick, but my family has never let me live down that event.

In the mid 80s my mother worked for a company that he had something to do with. My mother introduced us to him, as my brother way a huge fan of James Bond. We were at some type of show and I got really sick. I remember walking through halls trying to find my mother. I got just inside the door and passed out cold. He caught me before I hit the ground. I remember waking up and him carrying me. He smiled down at me with that James Bond smile and I managed a scream before I passed out again. I ended up in the hospital and was very sick, but my family has never let me live down that event.

And what a nice family for never letting you forget it - they sound a lot like mine.

It wasn't on a cruise but I stopped by my friends store one day and we were discussing the recent brush fires that had been going on when another guy walks in and starts talking with us about how his house was almost destroyed by a brush fire in California. We were talking for like 45 minutes and the guy had to leave, but signed a few autograph's for people on his way out. The guy did look familiar but couldn't place the face. I got home and asked my friend who I had been talking to, and it was Mark Hamill ( Luke Skywalker from star wars ). I had no idea.

Not cruise-related, but for those of you who like NASCAR, my nephew and I were at our local "Dairy Bar" a few weeks ago (you know the old fashioned kind with the walk-up windows and you sit in your car), and Mark Martin pulled up in his white Roush Mustang. He ordered a big vanilla ice cream cone, then jumped back in the Roush and took off.

It's not unusual to run into him this way in our small town since he's built a huge Ford dealership/museum here and is in the process of building a house on the White River. My nephew was more interested in the car than the celebrity...(I believe his words were, "SWEEEEET!") :rolleyes:

We had Gloria Estephan (sp) dropping off her parents for the cruise. Too bad she never showed to enjoy it herslef.

Around 4 years ago my good girl friend and I were on the Explorer, we sailed with Gloria and what appeared to be a very big family. We saw her only once...it was 7ish we were still in the hot tub, wasting time before dinner. We smiled at them.....but didn't realize until after they all were gone who they were. Most of the adults were in RCCL robes, from whatever suite no doubt. She is very tiny...

Well thats my story

We were flying (LAX~FLL) to our Caribbean Princess cruise last December, and we noticed that Ernest Borgnine and his wife were sitting just a few rows ahead of us.

I, having lots of sudden nerve, stopped by to say Hi and chat with them on the way back from the bathroom. Very nice couple!!! Somehow, it came up that they were going on the Celebrity Millennium.

I made some really (at the time, what I thought was) intelligent comment about him having "a lot of courage to get back on a ship after his last adventure..." He and his wife seemed to get a good laugh out of it.

After I got back to my seat, I realized what an ass I had made of myself...

On my very first cruise on the Emerald Seas I met Johnny Weismuller and Kay Stevens. They were filming a movie aboard ship which was quite a challange because a hurricane had just blown through and the seas were very rough. I saw the movie when it came out and it was probably the worst movie I have ever seen.

Archived