Oosterdam repair saga continues

DAllenTCY

I actually wouldn't mind a late departure at the beginning of the cruise. It would be kind of cool to see the gaslamp start to rev up for a Saturday night while on board, and also the San Diego skyline at night would be sweet to see as you sail South to Mexico...

I'm Stoked to hear that the prop is back on!... ;)

Maybe she's leavin' a little late so they can make sure the azipod is all tuned before letting her rip.

Can't wait to be on that ship next month.......

Thanks so much!! that works. I have a friend on board that promised to get back to me with TRUE facts. But, not sure I will hear from her until she is back next week. :rolleyes:

We are cruising on the 25th...aft suite and i want to see that double wake!!

I hope it all gets worked out! Also maybe a CC member who got off today can fill us in?

PLEASE!!

We leave on the O'dam November 18th for Thanksgiving- GOBBLE GOBBLE

Actually, I would like to hear from someone who is currently on board.

Dying to hear the reason for the late departure and if it is truly fixed and has her missing prop back on.

Hi Lisa,

We were on the cruise with you last fall. :) We had dinner tonight in the Gaslamp and saw the beautiful Oosterdam. After dinner 6:30 p.m. we could not figure out why the ship was still there??? It was soooo beautiful and shining bright from the lights. It was still tied up and did not look like it was going anywhere soon. We asked a dock hand type and he said it was being "repaired" hmmm. :confused: I figured this board would have the answer to my question and right I was. Hope all aboard have a great time! I have been on planes being "repaired" before take off and now unnerving that can be.

Enjoy your cruise Lisa!

Doria

Did you have any Bloomin' Onions, a Mad Max or Chocolate Thunder from down under?;)

Nope, I had the Alice Springs Chicken no bacon ( stil trying to diet just a little bit:D ) salad instead of Aussie Chips and of couse have to start getting the body ready for Thursday on the ship so I had a split of Sparkling Wine;)

New Owners for OutBack too..

Hope they do keep the same Prime time...and Bloomers...

We do miss the Bermuda Onions they used to use too..:cool:

Jim, Thanks for posting the pictures. We went out to Outback for dinner so we missed her leaving.

I just heard from my hubby who is on the National Review Cruise.

Here is what he had to say about the "repairs". He did not list the times in the ports. He didn't say anything about why they left San Diego late.

Just heard that the repairs on the propeller are not acceptable, so we'll just be running on the one engine for the trip. Itinerary will change.

Was:

Monday afternoon: Cabo

Tuesday: Mazatlan

Wednesday: Puerto Vallarta

I think it is now:

Tuesday: Mazatlan

Wednesday: Puerto Vallarta

Thurs Morning: Cabo

Carol

Hmmmmm.....

Doesn't sound like things are repaired. If that's the situation, then

at what point does HAL finally decide a drydock is the answer?

Of course, no one here wants to be on the cruise that is altered so this can happen, but IF a time was set in advance, at least those cruisers affected could make alterative plans: altering vacation schedule, changing flights, different ship, etc.

Archived