Just on CNN

AFT_LOVER

and I am sitting going "what game of ship naming is this" when CNN comes on stating that 700 are sick on Carnival Liberty. Excuse me, Liberty is RCI's next mega ship. They already have Freedom also, so who is lame in the naming game?

Then folks here who type SOS & I ask which one????

This is common in todays cruising world. Actually the Carnival Liberty was named and launched first before RCI named the Liberty OTS. Most of the cruise lines have no immagination when it comes to naming ships other than Celebrity when looking at the mass market.

Anyone remember the GREAT thread we had going before they named (I think that it must have been Freedom) a ship, and we had THE BEST suggestions?

You are right; THEY have no imagination. They were trying to "cash in" on the uber-patriotism after 9-11.

They just have to ask US.

Wanna do it again?

Surcharge of the Seas

Behemoth of the Seas

NOBEARSONMYCRUISE of the Seas

Happy Hour of the Seas

Phantasmagoria of the Seas

Anyone else?

Anyone remember the GREAT thread we had going before they named (I think that it must have been Freedom) a ship, and we had THE BEST suggestions?

You are right; THEY have no imagination. They were trying to "cash in" on the uber-patriotism after 9-11.

Wanna do it again?

Surcharge of the Seas

Behemoth of the Seas

Happy Hour of the Seas

Anyone else?

Cutie Captains of the Seas (come complete with fan clubs)

(There's just something about a man in command of a ship that big, you know??)

Fran in Toronto

Wanna do it again?

Surcharge of the Seas

Behemoth of the Seas

Happy Hour of the Seas

Anyone else?

NoWhiners of the Sea

NoHogsOnMyCruise of the Sea

I am going to make a bet that the third freedom of the seas class ship will be called valor of the seas

Carnival named their last three ships

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Royal Caribbean named their last two ships

Liberty of the Seas

Freedom of the seas

So it sounds logical that the next ship will be called

Valor of the Seas

I thought a while back that one of the knowledgeable posters stated that RCI was naming the ultra-voyager class ships to describe what you could do on them. Not based on patriotic themes but based on the idea that on these ships you had freedom of choice to do whatever you wanted. Thus Freedom of the Seas (you have freedom to do whatever), Liberty of the Seas (you have the liberty to choose from many options), and now my vote for the 3rd ultra-voyager class ship.....Emptymywallet of the Seas

I thought a while back that one of the knowledgeable posters stated that RCI was naming the ultra-voyager class ships to describe what you could do on them. Not based on patriotic themes but based on the idea that on these ships you had freedom of choice to do whatever you wanted. Thus Freedom of the Seas (you have freedom to do whatever), Liberty of the Seas (you have the liberty to choose from many options), and now my vote for the 3rd ultra-voyager class ship.....Emptymywallet of the Seas

Karen, see my newest post on our Roll Call! A couple aft cabins are open today:)

Archived