Good Bye Sudi

ocngypz

Who is Sudi? We had a stewerd on Summit with that name. Same person??

Sudi is probably the most famous bartender on any of

the Celebrity ships. He was a staple on Constellation.

I was lucky enough to have sailed with him back

in Dec 2004.

I wish him only good things.

Host Andy - Please wish him luck if you can not convince him to remain.

I know his wife is expecting their 1st child in Dec a boy and he does want to be there.

He is the bartender at the Martini Bar on the Century - He is great!!!!!

Say Hello from Francine & Pat Coffey, thanks - we will miss him on the Century.

1079243147_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-04.jpg.896f1ef8973232b38ab65d0e0a99aa59.jpg

1423123797_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-05.jpg.f99a7555c5bd1bb49c13dea7c8452a35.jpg

Sudi was unique!! but he has been wanting to go home for months now. I thought he had gone when his father had the accident earlier this year and he had to fly home. However the first child there is just no better reason to finally go home....

It is a great loss for those of us who enjoyed the "Sudi show" while taking in a Martini....however he has his own little business on Bali and if that is ever a vacation for you then call / mail Sudi and he will take great care of you there...

I refer to my Appletini recipe often -- Sudi wrote it out for me (on a Celebrity bar order form) and it has a revered place in my recipe references!

We're sailing on Constellation in January and had hoped he might be there. We've sailed with him several times - what a terrific person and Celebrity has been lucky to have him for so long.

We were just on Century last week and had drinks with Sudi everynight. He is great, his mixology and magic tricks make you want to order another drink.

Could you please post the aplletini receipe?? My sister in-law drank them like water.

We're sorry to see Sudi go as he enhanced our evening predinner at the Martini bar with nitrodog on 2 cruises on the Connie. At least he is leaving for a great reason, the birth of a child. best wishes and let us know how to reach him in Bali. Also, hello Moeve. We hope all is well and have taken your suggestion to booking So. Am far in advance for the 1/20/08 Infinity. Nitrodog and us are trying the Oceania Regatta this coming Feb. When is your next carib cruise?)

We were just on Century last week and had drinks with Sudi everynight. He is great, his mixology and magic tricks make you want to order another drink.

Could you please post the aplletini receipe?? My sister in-law drank them like water.

Here it is, direct from the man:

1 - 1/2 oz. Absolut Citron

1 oz. Apple Pucker Schnapps

1/2 oz. Cointreau

Dash lemon juice

Later menus switched to Van Gogh "Appel" Vodka, but this is the original recipe Sudi wrote out - and the Citron was the ingredient on the printed menu (which is also in my bar!). I've tweaked the recipe myself and increased the vodka to 2 oz - not quite as sticky-apple-sweet. If you like appletinis, you might also try substituting Patron's "Citronge" for the Cointreau -- again, a teensy bit less sweet and more "cocktail-y." (You can make your own lemon-infused vodka: I use plain Stoli, slip the peel of most of a small lemon into it, add a spoonful of sugar, and store in a cool, dry place for about a month but absolutely NOT the fridge! - turn upside down and back periodically while it's steeping. Cheaper than the flavored vodkas and really good.) CHEERS

Sudi, If you read this thread... Goodbye and good luck from your "stepmom" Lori. We are sailing on the Connie again this winter and I will miss the nightly martini that you choose for me!

Having a baby is the most exciting time of your life!!! Congratulations!!!

Hello Dabear and Moeve. Hope all is well with you!

Hugs,

"stepmom" Lori

Hi Everyone - Just Got Off The Century And Sudi Was The Star On The Ship . Everyone In The Martini Bar Just Looks On In Amazement At What He Can Do - - Truly Unbelievable.

He Told Us That He Has 3 More Sailings On Century And Then Going Back To Bali - - So I Guess He Will Finish On Dec. 10 . He Will Be Missed.

I'm happy for Sudi. After marrying last year it must have been tough on him and his wife with him away for such extended periods of time. Sudi showed us his wedding picture with the two of them all decked out in their wedding outfits just before he made us one of his patented martinis last February. Let's face it, I'm sure with his talent, he could get employment in any of the top hotels in Bali and make a good living at the same time being able to go home to his family each night.

Congratulations Sudi and thank you for the many fun times you've shown us. The best of luck to you and your family.

You did good Sudi, you did good!

We love Sudi. He made our experience on Constellation this past march so much better. I have a great video I took of him mixing and pouring his martinis. I also have a copy of his wedding picture. These items I will treasure all the more since I may never see him again. I wish him all the best with his wife and new family. Celebrity is losing a star in their crown when he leaves. Pat

My husband and I have been on a few sailings with Sudi working in the martini bar. He is just a terrific guy who helped make those cruises so much fun. We will be boarding the Century for a 4-night cruise one week from today - Dec. 7th. Sure hope Sudi will still be there so we can give offer him our very best wishes for a wonderful future with his family. :)

Cindy

Just off the Century and I have to say that Sudi was the BEST!! Not only did he make a fabulous martini, it was his personality that immediately won me over! Always smiling, always astounding us with his wonderful card and martini-pouring tricks. Sudi, you made my cruise PERFECT!

My best wishes to you, Lily, and your new son -- happy travels home and good luck with your new business!

Tracy

Archived