Fantasy cruise

jennbill

Just for a minute think about this...

You're on a cruise 7 night cruise from Miami that can go ANYWHERE in the Caribbean. Where would your cruise go?

After some careful thinking, here's mine.

San Juan

Grenada

Barbados

Isla Margarita

Runner up:

St. Maartin

Ocho Rios

Belize City

Key West (I know, a cop out but I love Key West)

I'm with Pam on this one. To me, cruising in the Caribbean is a waste of my cruise money since I can't stand sitting in the sun and especially hate beaches and salt water. Since my mother lives in south Florida I can always visit her if I want to get away from the Chicago winters. Right now I am enjoying cruising the various regions in Europe and am looking forward to being able to take longer to cruise such areas as Australia, China and South America when my youngest graduates from high school in four years.

I have to agree about the Caribbean. Not my idea of a fantasy place. Now my fantasies are in Alaska. That is God's Place up there. We will be going on our 4th cruise next year again.

Marilyn

We enjoy sitting in the sun, beaches, salt water, and all that the Caribbean and Bahamas have to offer- the mix of cultures, the music etc.

Not that you can't find these elsewhere in the world- some of us just love the Caribbean. I lived in Curacao for two years, so the Caribbean area became my second home. Have travelled in many parts of the world, but prefer the Caribbean and South America.

Now, if you asked me what my fantasy cruise is- with unlimited days, it would be a combination of the Bahamas, the Caribbean, and the Amazon. That is my fantasy cruise.

We enjoy sitting in the sun, beaches, salt water, and all that the Caribbean and Bahamas have to offer- the mix of cultures, the music etc.
Hmmm... Miami fits that bill.
Not that you can't find these elsewhere in the world- some of us just love the Caribbean. I lived in Curacao for two years, so the Caribbean area became my second home. Have travelled in many parts of the world, but prefer the Caribbean and South America.
I'm jealous. Curacao is one of my favorite places.

LOVE the Caribbean! Hoping to venture further when I get more time off as DH doesn't fly! As a result, it's the Caribbean for us! Good thing that we love the sun, beaches and warmth!!!

Perfect itinerary (of the islands that we've been to so far)

St. Lucia

St. Martin

Aruba

Barbados

My top 4 islands that we want to visit (but haven't yet)

Dominica

Tortola

St. Vincent

Curacao

Great topic for this cold winter day!!!

Me too and also no jeans in the dining room. :D

Sorry I could not resist.

egads! How could I forget!

On MY fantasy Caribbean cruise there would be no Hawaiian or Panama Jack shirts (unless Tom Selleck is wearing them) and NO beige or khaki or tan or light brown Dockers ;).

Jeans, however, would be fine ;).

I think a South Pacific cruise with stops in the Polynesian Islands and Australia and New Zealand would be a dream cruise.

My complete fantasy cruise would be an around the world cruise that definitely stops in those three places, has plenty of sea days, doesn't go to China and of course, it would cost the same as 10 days in the Caribbean ;).

Hmm...

It would have to include:

-Antigua (because we were married there so it's sentimental)

-Tobago (we had the vacation from... well, somewhere, so I'd like to go back and see if it's really that bad or if we just had a bad trip)

-St. Kitts/Nevis because it just sounds neat

-Montserrat (cruising)- we could barely see it from Antigua and I'd like a closer look at what is left.

I second the no jeans... there would be full hot meals available for room service in all categories, no waiting for shows, jazz and string music every night throughout the ship, and every other day would be a LONG port day.

Alternating sea days and ports which includes Curacao, Grenada ( we were married here ), St. Vincent, St. Lucia, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Barts and St. Martin out of San Juan. With these stops you have scenic, beach and shopping locals and not a long sail from Florida.

My perfect list would include:

Tortola - absolutely beautiful and different

St John - yes I know, no port, but it sure would be nice to get there without jumping through the taxi/ferry hoops (this is a fantasy).

EXTRA day at sea...???

We've been to many Islands several times and don't know of anything left to see on those. This may change after our upcoming Sun cruise (next week) as we are visiting 4 new places (including Princess Cays).

What I'd like to know is what is the deal with Grenada? We will be there Christmas day and don't know what there is to do besides spice tours. Sounds like the hurricanes knocked out the good easily accessable snorkeling. Everybody here seems to love it. :)

Just for a minute think about this...

You're on a cruise 7 night cruise from Miami that can go ANYWHERE in the Caribbean. Where would your cruise go?

After some careful thinking, here's mine.

San Juan

Grenada

Barbados

Isla Margarita

Runner up:

St. Maartin

Ocho Rios

Belize City

Key West (I know, a cop out but I love Key West)

to get to:

San Juan

Grenada

Barbados

Isla Margarita

you would need 14 days from Miami.......which is what I would prefer....:)

My perfect list would include:

What I'd like to know is what is the deal with Grenada? We will be there Christmas day and don't know what there is to do besides spice tours. Sounds like the hurricanes knocked out the good easily accessable snorkeling. Everybody here seems to love it. :)

It is such a beautiful, lush and scenic island with great beaches and hiking trails along the many rivers that flow into the ocean. St. Goerge's harbor is one of the most beautiful harbors I have ever sailed into with it's forts and colorful Careenage. Before the new cruise ship dock was built that's where ships sailed into.

Archived