Sharing a soda card

Just trying to figure out why the soda card issue is so important to so many people. Does it affect anyone else? I doubt if the sharing of soda cards adds anything to the cost of our cruises or depletes the supply of available soda. Now, I am able to understand people's frustration with chair hogs, because then there are often not enough chairs for all. And, just for the record, we do not purchase soda cards at all.

I have no problem sharing my soda card last week. I purchased one. They give you a travel mug to use. My girlfriend had no problem using it. If you had the mug they never asked for the card. Sorry I have no problem saving a buck where I can. Trust me RCCL gets enough of my money.:)

I have no problem sharing my soda card last week. I purchased one. They give you a travel mug to use. My girlfriend had no problem using it. If you had the mug they never asked for the card. Sorry I have no problem saving a buck where I can. Trust me RCCL gets enough of my money.:)

You admit that you allowed your GF to steal by using your soda card and then you say "trust me"?:rolleyes: ;)

Just trying to figure out why the soda card issue is so important to so many people. Does it affect anyone else? I doubt if the sharing of soda cards adds anything to the cost of our cruises or depletes the supply of available soda. Now, I am able to understand people's frustration with chair hogs, because then there are often not enough chairs for all. And, just for the record, we do not purchase soda cards at all.

If RCI calculates just how much soda should be purchased and used by each card holder and the amount actually used exceeds normal usage do you not think that they will raise prices elsewhere to recoup any lost revenue?:rolleyes: That does affect others.

I think your right on the mark

Did they not start charging for Johnny Rocket's because of all the half eaten burgers all over the ship?

It is much more likely that RCI started charging for J.R.'s so they could increase their on board revenue sources. Of course, it wouldn't have been very popular for them to come right out and say that. It makes much more sense to spin it around so that it sounds like they are doing people a favor by adding a charge. Amazingly, some people actually believe that......

It is much more likely that RCI started charging for J.R.'s so they could increase their on board revenue sources. Of course, it wouldn't have been very popular for them to come right out and say that. It makes much more sense to spin it around so that it sounds like they are doing people a favor by adding a charge. Amazingly, some people actually believe that......

And because they know that pax will pay for something "better". Same as the specialties..

Cruiselines will keep ticket prices down so that "everyone" can cruise. Then they will offer special things that only some can afford. So each pax will be able to determine just what "level" of cruising they will experience onboard a certain ship.

This will increase their revenue and will help in their quest to "please" everyone.

I think it's hard for some couples to wrap their minds around spending almost $100 for soda, fountain soda at that. And if they have kids, it's even worse.

A couple going on a 14 day cruise would spend $193.20 for soda cards. That's not an insignificant amount for some people.

Yes, they can choose not to drink any soda, but that's hard because many are addicted to it. Don't laugh, my wife is.

I'm not condoning the sharing of soda cards, I'm just saying I can understand the temptation to do so. I think RCI knows this happens regularly and have priced the cards high to account for those who break the rules.

I think it's hard for some couples to wrap their minds around spending almost $100 for soda, fountain soda at that. And if they have kids, it's even worse.

A couple going on a 14 day cruise would spend $193.20 for soda cards. That's not an insignificant amount for some people.

Yes, they can choose not to drink any soda, but that's hard because many are addicted to it. Don't laugh, my wife is.

I'm not condoning the sharing of soda cards, I'm just saying I can understand the temptation to do so. I think RCI knows this happens regularly and have priced the cards high to account for those who break the rules.

Exactly. So they have priced the cards to account for stealing, so the argument that sharing doesn't hurt others isn't valid.

In simpler language it is called a "buy back." Or "BB" for short!

Usually every 3rd or 4th drink is a double "B". Depending on the establishment.

Yes, and you think they haven't accounted for coke buybacks in the soda card price?

Some people just love to explain their expertise and experience so they can trump anonymous posters on an anonymous chat board. Post about the topic, not the poster, as they say. (and here I am referring to amybear's original stellar comments, not yours)

And because they know that pax will pay for something "better". Same as the specialties..

Cruiselines will keep ticket prices down so that "everyone" can cruise. Then they will offer special things that only some can afford. So each pax will be able to determine just what "level" of cruising they will experience onboard a certain ship.

This will increase their revenue and will help in their quest to "please" everyone.

Damn, the world must be coming to an end as I agree with Bakincakes on this one 100%.;) This statement pretty much sums up mass market cruising.

Damn, the world must be coming to an end as I agree with Bakincakes on this one 100%.;) This statement pretty much sums up mass market cruising.

I think I see the 4 horsemen in the sky... I agree with that statement also...

marci... my explanation of bartenders was at the request of another poster who asked how that worked... if you don't agree or didn't like the post, that's fine... it wasn't directed to you:)

I agree with you completely. I am sure that is why they did it. But you know what they say... sometimes when you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one.

Ok, too many people agreeing with eachother around here. Can we get back to business as usual?;) :D

Yes, and you think they haven't accounted for coke buybacks in the soda card price?

Some people just love to explain their expertise and experience so they can trump anonymous posters on an anonymous chat board. Post about the topic, not the poster, as they say. (and here I am referring to amybear's original stellar comments, not yours)

????????????????????????

What??????????????????

??????????????????????????

Huh??????????????????????

????????????????????????

Get a life Marci, get a life!:eek:

Marci rules and regulations of the internet lady. Want to pull us over and write us all a ticket for annoying you?????????? :rolleyes:

Friend of WLV!

OK - just for fun, try this one on. Yesterday at the theater, I paid for my ticket, my popcorn, and popped open my smuggled Diet Dr. Pepper can and enjoyed it. You know what crossed my mind? Not fearing being caught by the theater police, but thinking," Oh my goodness, I hope there are no cruise critic people in here!" :eek:

(Please note sarcasm intended)

And for the record, we did purchase 1 adult and 2 kid's soda cards on the Mariner last week. ($112 total) I enjoyed the Diet Pepsi cans the porters delievered to my room with my luggage, and an occasional sip from my hubby's glass on the Promenade.

It is much more likely that RCI started charging for J.R.'s so they could increase their on board revenue sources.

This was before my time, but it was widely mentioned on here that it became a teenage hangout so the covercharge was added to allow a turn over so more guests could get in and make it a more desirable place.

This was before my time, but it was widely mentioned on here that it became a teenage hangout so the covercharge was added to allow a turn over so more guests could get in and make it a more desirable place.

And doesn't that sound like much better P.R than "hey guys, we need another source of on board revenue?":)

The elevators are a big hangout too. I don't see any slots to insert your seapass when you want to use one.;)

And doesn't that sound like much better P.R than "hey guys, we need another source of on board revenue?":)

The elevators are a big hangout too. I don't see any slots to insert your seapass when you want to use one.;)

But you recognized the slot in your cabin door you are inserting your SeaPass card into and of course know that you are charged every single time you do so;)

That speaks volumes, now would you say the same thing to the clergymen at your church, or during an job interview as opposed to an anonymous forum? Maybe you would, whats one more dishonesty?

And because they know that pax will pay for something "better". .

I would argue that Johnny Rockets, at least on the ship, is anything better. It seemed to me to be the same food as in the Windjammer, just with a more entertaining delivery. I have a JR's near me so it is nothing unusual. We didn't go there on our first cruise, but since we had C&A coupons on the second cruise we did go. If you don't want a milshake, the only difference is being guaranteed a seat.

. do any of you who are so against the sharing of a soda card actually KNOW for a fact who is sharing and who isn't??? I doubt any of you can tell...

Yes, when my wife and I cruise, we buy two so I KNOW for a fact two people who aren't sharing. Any other worthless comparisons?

Archived