Cruise Director Becky Thompson Hospitalized

Did anyone else hear what was going on with this?

I just got back from sailing on the Mariner of the Seas and I had the most wonderful cruise director. Her name was Becky Thompson. I even told my boyfriend on the ship with me that she was the best one I had ever seen. Then halfway through the trip she disappeared and was replaced by the "activities director". He said she was under the weather but would be getting better, but the next day she wasn't back. Then, while at port in Cozumel, an ambulance was at the port. My family did not know why. Finally, Becky never turned up again, but it was reported during the "Farewell Show" that Becky had been taken to a hospital in Cozumel. They said what was wrong, but I didn't not hear it.

Has anyone heard anything about this, what happened, or if she is okay?

Best wishes to her! Hope she gets well soon.

I also was on this cruise and I thought that they mentioned that she done something to her back. During the Farewell show, the Capt mentioned that she was watching him on tv in her room and recovering nicely. That's all I can say.

I remembered hearing him say that she was watching one of the earlier shows from her stateroom, but when the farewell show came around he said she was hospitalized in Cozumel. Or at least that was what I got out of it.

At first they were sounding as though she was going to be back in action by the last night, and then during the Farewell show was when they told us about her checking into a hospital in Cozumel.

If it is only her back, while that is awful & back problems last for a very long time, I am glad to hear it wasn't something deadly or more serious. Does anyone else have any information confirming that was what it was?

We had the pleasure of Becky thompson as our cruise director for our cruise on the Mariner in May of this year. She is wonderful. We fell in love with her. We pray that everything is fine with her, and that she returns to grace the guests of Mariner again soon. It won't the same without Becky.:(

Also, we would just like to say a very warm and heart-felt "Hello Love" to her. Take care Becky. And have a wonderful rest-filled Holiday Season. Many of us out here love you, and want you back. Soon!

Cindy & Rusty Dzurik

Becky,

OK, we are sure you are reading these CC messages. And we all sincerely hope you are recovering from your recent injury. We have been on many cruises in the past years, and why is it that your name is the only one we remember? Is it because you were the only CD who came to one of our M&M's (and gave an excellent presentation)? Or the only CD that magically appeared everywhere on the ship? Or the CD that has the highest energy of all? Becky, listen to your doctor's orders, relax and get well. We wish you the best. Good night love.

Rick and Deirdra

Brilliance 1/2/06

Originally posted by TJ]

Becky has a cracked rib and is still on the ship and is getting better.

Glad to hear that the little dynamo is being held back by a rib. Saying that I know how painful it can be. Here's hoping that Becky comes back with the same delightful personality that she showed us on the Brilliance.

Becky if you are reading this, I still have pictures of you climbing the rock wall. Thanks for being such a great CD you helped make our cruise on the Brilliance 2006 Panama Cruise special. Royal Caribbean needs to take care of you as you are a great asset to the company. Get well soon.

We were on the Mariner the week after Thanksgiving. Becky was wonderful. Met her several times on the ship and watched her often she always had time to say a few words to who ever wanted to talk to her.

I remember none of the names of the other CD we have had but will always remember Becky.

Hello Luv, get well soon,

burnsie

I am so glad to finally know what was causing her the problems. Becky, if you're reading this, I really hope you get well soon! What the others are saying is true. I have been on several cruises and you are the only cruise director that stuck out in my mind as being 100% awesome, and I only got to have you as cruise director for 4 days. So thanks and I'll hopefully be sailing a ship that you're cruise directing again sooner rather than later.

I was just wondering if Becky was back as CD? We sailed the week before Christmas on the Mariner and for the first half of the week she was wonderful. Sorry she got hurt during that cruise. I did like the activities director too and Steven and Emma, I think that was her name.

We just sailed Christmas to New Year's Eve and Phillip (the Activities Director) was still the Cruise Director, and doing a GREAT job. Emma Lou was the Activities Director. Both were very energetic, knew the program well, and the chemistry between them was good, too.

We haven't had the pleasure of sailing with Becky as CD, but wish her a speedy recovery.