How do you all take so many cruises?

kruzerci

I was just reading posts and I keep seeing "upcoming cruises' in signatures and some people take a 3 or 4 nighter every four or five weeks. I guess Sovereign or Majesty would become like a home away from home, wouldn't it :rolleyes: ? Maybe I should get a well paying, flexible job in south Florida :D .

I was just reading posts and I keep seeing "upcoming cruises' in signatures and some people take a 3 or 4 nighter every four or five weeks. I guess Sovereign or Majesty would become like a home away from home, wouldn't it :rolleyes: ? Maybe I should get a well paying, flexible job in south Florida :D .

There's nothing else for those retired people in Florida to do?:)

Those 3 aned 4 night cruises are cheaper then going out to dinner for us people in the north.:)

Jimbo;)

There's nothing else for those retired people in Florida to do?:)

Those 3 aned 4 night cruises are cheaper then going out to dinner for us people in the north.:)

Jimbo;)

Heyyyyyyy !!! I am far from retiring hahaha ! Not EVERYONE in Florida is ummmm "old" as you all think :eek: I am just starting to build my cruise history full force haha . It's so much more reasonable to cruise when you live here.

Heyyyyyyy !!! I am far from retiring hahaha ! Not EVERYONE in Florida is ummmm "old" as you all think :eek: I am just starting to build my cruise history full force haha . It's so much more reasonable to cruise when you live here.

It really is. I am hoping to move to West Palm when we open another branch down there in the next few years. That will help out with my cruising availability LOL.

I have only been on one cruise, but i just booked one yesterday that leaves on Feb. 8th, and I have 3 more booked! I have to drive 8 hours to Galveston to go on these cruises, and it is worth EVERY minute of driving! I am newly divorced and my last child is 16, so I have some time to spend on ME, doing what I want to do for the first time in a LONG time. lol! If i lived in Florida or Houston, I would probably NEVER be home!

Sheri

I have only been on one cruise, but i just booked one yesterday that leaves on Feb. 8th, and I have 3 more booked! I have to drive 8 hours to Galveston to go on these cruises, and it is worth EVERY minute of driving! I am newly divorced and my last child is 16, so I have some time to spend on ME, doing what I want to do for the first time in a LONG time. lol! If i lived in Florida or Houston, I would probably NEVER be home!

Sheri

Congratulations on the beginning of a new life. I wish you many happy cruises....you deserve it after raising children and worrying about everyone else.

Congratulations on the beginning of a new life. I wish you many happy cruises....you deserve it after raising children and worrying about everyone else.

Awww, thank you so much! My X-husband always said that WE would never like cruising. Well, he was right in ONE respect: I DON'T like cruising, I LOVE cruising!!

Sheri

The answer is to hang in there until you retire, then you can have the time to really scratch that travel itch. With retirement comes the flexibility to travel in the off season and on long repositioning cruises, where the daily fare rates can be very reasonable. Since I became fully retired we have been able to squeeze in three, and sometimes four cruises a year. Having traveled extensively during my working years, I find that a cruise vacation is the most relaxing and pleasurable way to travel and take advantage of opportunities to cruise as often as we can.

petert

for us working people it's about once every two years. :) i'd like to add a short cruise here and there, but in NY/NJ/CT area, there are no short cruises, shortest ones are to Bermuda for 5 days, and you need to take 5 work days off.

when i retire, i'd imagine if money is OK i'd like to cruise once a season :)

The way I look at it, I don't take ENOUGH cruises!

Every four or five weeks WOULD be nice...but I really don't like those short cruises all too much...

I'd rather take one nice 14 nighter than three 4 or 5 night cruises...

I take the short ones because I can fit them into my schedule...and they're cheap...

But for me, they really don't count for so much...

I can usually do one, maybe two really nice ones a year...

Of course I get five weeks of vacation a year plus two "floating holidays" plus the usual holidays...That allows me a little cruising for now...

I'll likely retire about 13-15 years down the road...

By then,

I'll have lots of time to cruise--but less income...

Life isn't fair...

I'm in my early 40's. I'm self employed and can take off whenever I choose. I'm willing to fly to Florida (or Texas) for a quick get away as often as possible as well as sail a 12+ day transatlantic a couple of times a year. I realize I'm very fortunate to be able to cruise as often as I do. :)

I am 40 my wife 37 and we have had 3 day, 4 day 7 day and many 10 day+ and in June we will complete our 24th cruise and in Dec. will celebrate new year on the Liberty. I am far from retired as my wife is far from retiring also.We are 20 minutess from Port Canaveral and 3 hours from Port of Miami and Port of Tampa. My wife is a school teacher and I have a pretty good career.We travel alone and with our 4 children. We also take 2 good land vacations a year.:)

Sheri

Congratulations......I am taking my first solo cruise on Feb 10....starting over......sent mt youngest off to college this year...had taken them on several crusies, ex didn't care to vacation , but now time for me.... and my boys are really excited for me

Oh..I forgot to mention earlier....as I start to "build" my cruise history....

I book early....what is nice is that you only have to put a deposit down. Then, I put it in the budget and pay it off before final payment is due. Now..my plan is to on each cruise, book another ! ( helps with PCD too :D ) It's nice that they allow the deposit and payments with no interest. Some would say save the money until final payment, but I can't do that haha. I have to do it this way.

I have also been working long enough that I get 8 weeks vacation a year too, along with living in florida.

And to you newly single moms ....have a GREAT time !!!! I can relate ! You have to do for yourself too !!

Sue

We currently live in Florida and are trying to squeeze in 2 or 3 a year while we live close to the port (20 minutes from Port Canaveral). If we had to fly to go on a cruise, we probably would go maybe once a year!

Unlike another poster, we also tend to book last minute. We'll watch the sales and if there is a great deal, we'll book then --- even if it's only two weeks out.

Congratulations......I am taking my first solo cruise on Feb 10....starting over......sent mt youngest off to college this year...had taken them on several crusies, ex didn't care to vacation , but now time for me.... and my boys are really excited for me

You sound like me, lol! My 16 year old daughter homeschools so that makes it easier for me to be gone sometimes. She is very self motivated and can do her school pretty much anywhere she can take her laptop! However, when we go on the Conquest in July, she will NOT being doing any school! My ex husband is now married to his "secretary" who is 18 years younger than he is, he is playing daddy to her 2 very young kids, while I am beginning to start over, having the time of my life, and finding out that cruising is a blast! Whoo Hoooooo!!!! LOL!

Sheri

We just completed our fifth cruise. The next one won't be for a few years. With one son in college and one getting ready for college we won't have the time or money. We want to go to Alaska or Bermuda next. We think it will come to about the same price for either because we live in New York so wouldnt have any airfare going on the Bermuda cruise. In the meantime. before we do these cruises we are going to be using our credit card alot so build up points so we can take a free 4 day cruise till we are ready for our Alaska or Bermnuda cruise.

Well well! I have 171 Friday's left till retirement(which is 3yrs 5 months) and I try to cruise at least 3x a year. I have Never done a Cruise for less than 7 days and prefer B2B cruises. I earn 26 days a yr vacation, and raise my 15 yr old GD which we take with us on cruises. I have saved LOTS of my vacation over the years(since we can carry 20 weeks over from yr to yr) and I still have that amount carried over. I am starting to use it up, since I am getting closer to retirement. Financially we are in good shape. My DH owns his own Business for 33 yrs and it has been a success. I have a good paying job too. My own children are raised, own their own homes etc. and I don't plan on needing an ARMOURED TRUCK to follow my hearse when I die. LOL!! I am spending it while I have the health & wealth to still do it. You never know what tomorrow brings! I LOVE Crusing more than any land vacation I have ever done.

I spent 21 years making sure my kids were doing well in school, started a at home business so that I could be home for them. Saved for their colleges and now that they are both there with very hefty scholarships I am spending the money I spent years saving... on cruises. :D

Archived