Airfare to Barcelona from Atlanta...

Greetings..

We have booked our cruise on RCCL Splendour of the Seas for May of 2005.

Since, we live in Atlanta I checked Delta's website and they offer a non-stop from Atlanta to Barcelona for $800 roundtrip. I was curious if this is the average price or if it will go down this fall?

Thanks for any information...

Wolf

We just did Splendour cruise.

You can expect airfare to stay the same most of the time.. Flights to Med are expensive...but you have to check it daily. Install Side step program (iy has spy software but not very bad one ;) ) and check fares. I was able to catch British airways promotions for $570 pp (it even was $470 but I missed that day)

I believe KLM had $620 2 weeks before our trip but I didn't want to wait that long. I think I booked in September for May.

I booked my Splendour in jan for October and have been steady watching fares. We just booked non stop from miami to bcn for $599...$150 to Fll non stop...I was excited becasue I couldn't find anything cheaper than 8-900

I booked my Atlanta to Madrid, Barcelona to Atlanta October 2004 air in June and paid 834. Roundtrip Atlanta/Barcelona was the same fare. Two years ago, paid around $700 for roundtrip Atlanta/Barcelona October trip, however didn't book air until the month before.

Since the price of crude is rising, I'm thinking the Delta nonstop for $828, is about the best we are going to find. We were concerned about Delta financial outlook, but we bought travel insurance when we booked the cruise, so I'm assuming it would cover the flight, since they told us to call back with our flight numbers...

Thanks..

Wolf

Since the price of crude is rising, I'm thinking the Delta nonstop for $828, is about the best we are going to find. We were concerned about Delta financial outlook, but we bought travel insurance when we booked the cruise, so I'm assuming it would cover the flight, since they told us to call back with our flight numbers...

Thanks..

Wolf

BA is coming up at $841 but with one stop in London. That's a pretty good price, I'd book it as long as your insurance will cover the airline going bankrupt.

I agree that the sales will be in March/April timeframe and I think the $500 range is about right. We were able to get $463 from ATL to BCN (non-stop) and Air France (1 stop in Paris) in March before a May 17 sailing.....

You need to monitor airfare carefully so you know when you see a deal. We're returning in October 2005 and can't wait. Good luck!

Forgot to mention that if you can book Air France (Delta code share partner) or British Air on a 777 aircraft you will be much more comfortable on the long flight - instead of the standard 767 that Delta uses. :)

Since Delat is the only airline that flies direct, there fares seem to stay around the price range for the flight.............We are flying this year, NY to Barcelona (connecting in Paris) and Venice to NY(again connecting in Paris) and paid more than your quote. But, we are flying in peak season, which is August, May or September the rates would be less,so the posters who say they got soe great rates, it is true, but look at the months they are flying and the month you are, when comparing

Hi..

Was just reading this thread. I am travelling to Greece in 10 days during Olympics, then doing 10-day Venice to Barcelona cruise (thru Greek islands) on Celebrity Millennium. I paid round-trip $1080 (grand total) from Phoenix to Athens, then Barcelona back to Phoenix. This is during the summer (peak season) to Greece and the Olympics of course. Is this a good price or could I have gotten a better deal earier? Thanks for the feedback. :)

We booked Delta out of Atlanta in December 03 for our June, 04 Med trip on the Brilliance - price was $956 which incl. airfare to and from DTW. Our flight out of BCN was to JFK, then home. Price dropped almost $400 per person in January 04 to $596 - it cost $200 pp to rebook but was worth it to get the savings. Might want to wait until January. We liked the direct flight to BCN from the states, very good flight, slightly delayed leaving by traffic on the runway but time was made up in flight.

Archived