I Must Say I am Impressed With HAL New Document Folders

LAFFNVEGAS

Last night Tom and I were Doc Dancing:D and not just Doc Dancing with one folder but 4 because I had to pick up 3 other Docs for friends who will pick them up from me, plus this is not just any every 3 or 4 month cruise for us this is our 30TH Wedding Anniversary Cruise that we have been planning for almost 2 years now. We will actually do the Renewal of Vows for the first time in 30 yrs and even my Maid of Honor will be there and it will be her first ever cruise along with a few other friends that have never cruised, some flying in from Iowa.

But I must say I had heard about these new Document Folders, I had even heard BillS say that his DW thought it would make a nice Evening Bag, well I must totally agree. This is the first time to get these for us and I am extremely impressed. They are darn right pretty. When other cruise lines are going to E-Docs and other cheap looking documents Hal takes that step forward and makes up a very nice presentation. I already gave them to a lady that works with me that had never cruised HAL and she was extremely impressed. She had previously done Carnival and that this was so much nicer.

The Folder almost matches my dress for for the Renewal of Vows, Hmmmm maybe I should think a little bit more about using it for an Evening Bag;)

Lisa ....

Congratulations on getting your Docs. I agree the new doc holders are very attractive. It has my favorite Logo all over it!!! How could it not be great???!!!

Congratulations on celebrating 30 years together. Hope you have many, many more years together in the best of good health and happiness.

Have a Wonderful Celebration Aboard!!!!

Congratulations on getting your docs! I can imagine the dancing you did yesterday :p I loved those nice folders when we got ours....sigh....I wish I was able to go on this cruise and was doing the doc dance too :o

Have a fantastic time....and congratulations especially on your 30 year anniversary!! Enjoy your Vow Renewals!!

Meg

We also recieved our documents last week and were also very impressed with the new folder . HAL is "First Class" alll the way! Congratulations on your

'30th Wedding Anniversary". May you enjoy many more years together. Enjoy this very "Special Cruise"! IKE

Lisa & Tom, don't get too carried away with the dancing; save it for your anniversary!!

Are your folders dark or light blue? I think they are coming out in two different colors.

Thanks so much everyone:)

Trish, it is a darker blue almost royal blue, I would like to see the light blue.

OK, having not been on HAL in a year and a half (!) I am out of the loop here - what does the new folder look like?

Are the docs inside different too? I know they redesigned them in 2005 to match the current corporate identity (brochures etc.) and also introduced the new baggage tags at that time.

I am glad they don't have e-docs yet, though I have a feeling they will come at some point in the future. In the meantime it's nice that they are improving their document presentation. I'm also glad they still use real baggage tags as opposed to the awful pre-printed airline-style tags that Cunard, Celebrity and others use and which I absolutely loathe!

I guess it's old-fashioned, but there's still something exciting about receiving a nice paper document package, and HAL's has long been one of the nicest.

Does anyone know if you still get these special folders if you are a non US cruiser? I checked out the photo link - they are my favourite colour! We are flying from England for our very first cruise this summer - Ryndam northbound to Alaska at the beginning of July. The cruise is part of a month long trip - we're staying in Vancouver and Nanaimo with friends before the cruise and driving round Alaska for two weeks afterwards. All very exciting!! I so enjoyed reading about your Alaskan cruise Lisa - we are in a deluxe verandah suite too. Both the ship and the suite sound wonderful, I'm sure we are going to love it all.

silverwing, I don't see any reason why your documents should be any different. It really is a very nice presentation. Also you will love your cruise on the Ryndam with any luck you will have Captain Frans Consen who is really one of the best, but if not I am sure will will have a wonderful time. Since the Ryndam is one of the the S Class Ships it is a bit smaller and we really felt like we got much closer to the Glaciers as well as being a bit closer to shore.

We are returning to the Ryndam this fall for a coastal from Vancouver to San Deigo. We even have the same cabin we had last year when we were on her.:)

Oh, that looks very nice!

Funny, I remember from seeing my grandparents' cruise docs years ago that HAL's ticket folders used to look a lot like that, made from dark blue cloth (but they didn't have the logo pattern like that). By the time I started sailing HAL, they'd gone over to leatherette. Now it looks like they're back to cloth again. Full circle ;) !

Hello Lisa L

many thanks for your remarks about our upcoming cruise and our 30th wedding anniversary.:)

And yes, you are right, the new folder are in a realy nice marine-blue. I like them and I understand, if one time you want use it as an evening bag….;)

Also congratulations for your on-board 30th wedding anniversary. From your profile I see, that you are 2,5 years younger than I. So must have started your adventure very early !!

"Silverwing" as you can see in my footnote, I am in France - so yessss, they send those very nice pockets also to old Europe…..

Best regards and do have a marvelous cruise on the MS Oosterdam

Anna & Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

94 days - 25'425 Nm

Future Cruise :

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March, 18 2007

event.png

Lisa,

Congrats on getting your docs!!!! I'm joining in your doc dance! I do agree that the new wallet is beautiful!!

Lisa, congrats on your 30th anniversary. I would have loved to have joined in your festivities, but, alas, there's my job....

I'll be in touch with banner photo soon.

Peggy

I can't deside what is more pathetic.

1. That there is actually a thread with quite a discussion over new HAL documents folder.

OR

2. I am now wondering if I have a dress to wear with the new evening bag I will be receiving in October.

:D :) :D :) :D

Thanks to this site I have been completely obsessed with anything HAL. You should see all the post-it notes all over my desk. As I began reading the thread I was hoping for a picture--and you guys never fail me!

Thanks!

Last night Tom and I were Doc Dancing:D and not just Doc Dancing with one folder but 4 because I had to pick up 3 other Docs for friends who will pick them up from me, plus this is not just any every 3 or 4 month cruise for us this is our 30TH Wedding Anniversary Cruise that we have been planning for almost 2 years now. We will actually do the Renewal of Vows for the first time in 30 yrs and even my Maid of Honor will be there and it will be her first ever cruise along with a few other friends that have never cruised, some flying in from Iowa.

But I must say I had heard about these new Document Folders, I had even heard BillS say that his DW thought it would make a nice Evening Bag, well I must totally agree. This is the first time to get these for us and I am extremely impressed. They are darn right pretty. When other cruise lines are going to E-Docs and other cheap looking documents Hal takes that step forward and makes up a very nice presentation. I already gave them to a lady that works with me that had never cruised HAL and she was extremely impressed. She had previously done Carnival and that this was so much nicer.

The Folder almost matches my dress for for the Renewal of Vows, Hmmmm maybe I should think a little bit more about using it for an Evening Bag;)

we are also celebratinig our 30th anniversary this year and are considering the vow renewal on our April 07 cruise since my Sis and family will be joining us. isn't it a nice way to celebrate?! still deciding between the on-board renewal or the one on HMC, which is less formal.

Happy Anniversary! 30 years together IS something to celebrate! We both wish you the very best.

Cass and Steve

Congratulations on getting your documents, AND congratulations on your upcoming 30th Anniversary. We're celebrating ours on the 17th of February (although it isn't until April 9th) while we're onboard the Maasdam.

Lisa, 30 years is definitely a wonderful thing to celebrate; we are certainly not in the majority these days! The nice thing is that after 30 years, we'd do it all over again in a heartbeat - I'm sure you would too. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Silverwing: I don't know where you are from, but up here in the "frozen tundra" we get the same document folders as everybody else - they're quite pretty compared to the "pleather" ones we used to receive.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Archived