Our Fall Cruise shopping is over...

bombero

Our Fall cruise shopping is over.. We just booked on the Holland America Oosterdam for Oct 24th, Eastern Caribbean.. We were trying to decide between the Sun & Oosterdam, when the Sun just jumped in price and the Oosterdam came down substantially in price.. We got a real great room at an unbelievable price, bus included, which sealed the deal.. Bombero

1985 Carnivale
1986 Festivale
1987 Galileo
8/01 Maasdam
10/01 Ocean Princess
4/02 Golden Princess
9/02 Millineum
11/02 Horizon
9/03 30 day land cruise,(Costa Rica)
4/04 Carnivale Glory
6/04 Caribbean Princess
10/04 Oosterdam
4/05 Carnival Valor

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]You guys are funny :) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]We were booked on HAL (one time) and I cancelled to go back to Princess, where we have sailed many times. One of the reasons was the "stuffiness" that I felt on the cc boards. Just too stuffy for me over at those boards. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Princess - is indeed our cruise line of preference. ;)[/color][/size][/font]

Please don't let the HAL board scare you from booking HAL. I took my first HAL cruise last month, on the Maasdam, and enjoyed it so much, I came home and booked another to Alaska for next month. I did not find any "stuffiness" on the cruise. My previous cruises were only Carnival and RCI. Unfortunately, I don't cruise with Princess until Sept 2005(Caribbean Princess with the Hounds).

Also, they really ARE very nice over on the HAL board. I spend way too much time on this site, and the HAL board is my fav.

Marie

Thank You OP, for posting this here. I can't believe the responses you got initially!!!! How rude!!!!!

Most of us on these boards are open minded enough to realize that there is more than just one cruise line out there, and are travelers enough to compare intineraries (instead of just saying, "the ship is the vacation!"), and are budget minded enough to shop around. Now anyone else considering a cruise on those ships in that time frame will realize that there are bargains to be had.

Interestingly, on the RCCL and Celebrity boards when we had to cancel back to back Radiance cruises a year ago, and were shopping between other RCCL, Celebrity and Princess cruises, and chose Princess, the response on the RCCL and Celebrity boards was, "Have a great vacation". No nasty, derogatory remarks were required nor made.

[b][color=black]Asking why it was posted here and not on the HAL board is hardly "leaping down someone's throat" it was a sincere question, one that as yet hasn't been answered. It appears that your definition of "attack" is a very broad, how about the same benefit of the doubt for everyone huh?[/color][/b]

Many people, myself included, book a cruise based on the itinerary. This is most important to us. Of course the cruise line is also.

The Aussie/New Zealand cruise will be our first with Princess in January 2005 and we are really looking forward to it. Princess, HAL and numerous other lines are in the same Carnival family.

We have traveled with HAL numerous times and only once have we encountered stuffy table mates. That was the time we had dinner in the LIDO a few times and enjoyed that very much. It got us out of a rut.

We have enjoyed most of the cruises we have been on and only once were on a ship that didn't meet our requirements. Food awful. It was not a major line, it was the Sundream then owned by Air Tours, now My Travel. They also have the Sunbird which was much better so you can have a great ship in a line and a not-so-great one.

Sometimes you can get last minute deals on any cruise line. Other times, the deals are not as important as the itinerary. Some routes fill up nearly a year ahead.

I don't think Srphnx or myself are out of line or being rude to suggest and question the purpose of posting this on this Princess thread...I've been accused and banned "temporarily" for bigger supposed rude things than this...common now let's not make this a mountain out of ant hill again!

Hello... I'm a regular poster on this board and Carnivals, and have sailed Princess several times and have quoted in many of my replies that Princess is a great line and one of our favorites. I don't usually reply on the HAL board, so I don't know anyone over there. However, I thought that the friends I've made and met on this board and the Caribbean Princess would be happy to hear that we landed one. I'm sorry I didn't get approval from srphnx & company before I posted. However, it's likely to happen again, as it is my understanding these boards are open to all cruisers, non-cruisers and wanna-be-cruisers to ask questions, answer questions, post announcements and notices. If this reply offends srphnx & company. Oh well... Thanks to all of you who answered is a positive and polite manner.. Bombero

[b][color=black]Again didn't say it offended me, I simply asked why you posted it ONLY on the Princess board. If it was news related to HAL, it seemed to be something you would be happy to post there. [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]I was never bothered just asking a question, why are people so eager to assume bad intentions? I do notice those taking offfense are none to shy about spreading it around without much consideration despite being told what the real reason was, only I know what is in my mind.[/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Actually you were quite offensive in the above post, assuming I was attacking you because I dared to ask you a simple question. I will not be abused for your amusement without pointing it out.[/color][/b]

ay ya yaye...can't we just all get along..as Jack Nicklaus once said....I apologize if perhaps, perhaps, the reference I made to Oosterdaming, Westerdaming and Hamsterdaming may have offended some...just my dry sense of humour at play....sorry!...Hamsterdaming was a little play on words people...not an complete evil doer here you know....

[b][color=black]It is true, HR has a practically moistureless sense of humor. I did NOT bring hamsters into the issue. And BTW, HR you are apologizing in arrears not advance[/color][/b]. ;)

[b][color=black]Chris I took nearly an hour to unsubscribe to all the posts I mistakenly got when we first converted and my USER CP was set to subscribe to every thing I posted to had way too many.[/color][/b]

Archived