2008 European itineraries

Jancruz

I am hoping more people will send ideas and I am going to ask FDR to read this thread..he should be back today..has been away, maybe he will let us know when or if we can get some of these itineraries..

Jan

How about a second O cruise to Panama that is a little shorter?

I hope to be able to book a PH suite for a 2008 Panama cruise. But the 26 days takes it to the max that I can be away from my business.

Or

O to Alaska......Now that would be a great inside passage. Maybe schedule it so O would be the only one in a port thus not overwhelming the small Alaska towns. Boy, that would be a dream. Visiting Alaska when the cruise tourists don't outnumber the locals 8 to 1.

I am hoping more people will send ideas and I am going to ask FDR to read this thread..he should be back today..has been away, maybe he will let us know when or if we can get some of these itineraries..

Jan

Then I shall re-request a New England/Canada itinerary and also a transatlantic Boston-Boston, including Canada, Iceland, Greenland, British Isles, etc. Very similar to HAL's. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Our wishlist includes a cruise up the Amazon that is 14 days or maybe 16. Just can't do 26 days as we're (read that DH!) not retired yet.

Mo

Mo - I'm with you on that one. I would love to travel the Amazon and to go so far would like to spend much more time on the river than a couple of days. We are far from being retired too and 14 days on a trip is about the limit I can get my DH to commit to.

Barbara

Oceania did a split Amazon in 2005. We flew from Miami to Manaus, boarded Insignia there, and sailed to Barbados. Presumably some had boaded in Barbados and sailed to Manaus.

I would love to see a Norway cruise, with the Orkney's or Shetland Islands, or even Spitsbergen or Iceland; thrown in.

FDR: How about a repositioning that leaves the US From NYC in late May,(having come north from the Caribbean); goes to Europe via Iceland, Norway, Scotland and ends in London, Copenhagen or Amsterdam; where it can begin summer European cruises. That would fill up in a week after it was offered!

If you liked my reviews of Inignia down the Amazon or Nautica from Istanbul to Athens - you will probably love my review of the cruise I just proposed.

I'm planning on a Feb-Mar trip from Sydney to Auckland in 2009 to celebrate my big 6-0. Actually that's just an excuse, but I DO want to do the cruise. And I very much hope it will be on an O ship. Is that itinerary on the list?

It is for January and February 2008..and many of us have booked it...:D

How about a second O cruise to Panama that is a little shorter?

I hope to be able to book a PH suite for a 2008 Panama cruise. But the 26 days takes it to the max that I can be away from my business.

I didn't see a 26 day one but O does a 16 day Panama!

:confused:

I didn't see a 26 day one but O does a 16 day Panama!

:confused:

:o Yikes.....I meant the Amazon. I am drooling over the Amazon trip in November but we aren't retired and own 3 businesses. That 26 day trip would be a long time to leave the pots on simmer back home.

Thanks for catching my oops.......I even wrote Panama on this response.....maybe I am about to win a free trip on Oceania to Panama? Okay, probably just my overworked brain needs a nap.

Consider this my request for a shorter Amazon trip with max time spent in the Amazon!:D

...hi Jan, what can you tell me about cruises from Barcelona to Venice for 2008, I know about the cruises this fall, but my wife wants to wait til next year, just too many things happening with the kids all getting married this year. She'll be heavily into the empty nest syndrome and next year will be a very good time to get away...most likely in the spring...

...we'd already had everything booked to go this April on the Insignia, when we decided it was simply going to be way too busy to try and fit going to Europe into an already too tight schedule...

thanks and cheers,

the Imagineers

NCL cruise on the Wind - Aug 27/06, it was great, I'll miss the Wind.

upcoming Oceania cruise on the Insignia - Apr 28/07(postponed to sometime in the next season on whatever ship goes to where we want to go)

Archived