Which deck is best? (Mariner)

aimeeclose

Deck 10 is considered prime--you can see by some of the prices! That's where most of the suites are--I would highly recommend a JS. They are roomy and spacious and a very nice way to cruise! Love the storage space, and the bath has a tub, which makes the bathroom roomier. (The baths in all the other cabins are teeny-tiny.) If you have kids with you, I'd recommend a balcony room for you and an adj. or an inside across the hall for the kids.

We have only had Deck 6 balconies on Voyager class ships. I really like Deck 6 because you are closer down to the water and don't have people below you, just on top. I try to go for Deck 6 balconies, but many people would rather be up higher.

You can't really go wrong with the balconies on Mariner, they are all glass and none have obstructed views. On Voyager, Explorer, and Advenure deck 6 balconies are all metal and fell more closed in, but Navigator and Mariner are all glass. It really just comes down to where you want to be on the ship. We like being on Deck 6 because it is so convenient to walk down one flight of stairs to get to the Promenade, theatre and dining room.

Thanks for the quick replies!

A few more questions....

A junior suite is not in the equation for this trip. Is Deck 10 still considered prime space when booking a regular balcony cabin? (the cabin being offered is the very last cabin in the hallway)

Does anyone know if it's better to book port or starboard on an Eastern itinerary? We're planning to use the balcony a lot...being able to have a view of islands when docking would be nice.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick replies!

A few more questions....

A junior suite is not in the equation for this trip. Is Deck 10 still considered prime space when booking a regular balcony cabin? (the cabin being offered is the very last cabin in the hallway)

Does anyone know if it's better to book port or starboard on an Eastern itinerary? We're planning to use the balcony a lot...being able to have a view of islands when docking would be nice.

Thanks again!

Don't book that Deck 10 if it is at the end of the hallway. You're going to be a long ways from everything and at the very back of the ship, but its not an aft cabin.

I would book on whichever deck has a cabin that is in front or on the hump, because hump cabins are very desierable and there is more of a view in front of the hump rather than behind.

Our balcony was on the Starboard (right) side of the ship. We liked it a lot, but I don't think it really matters at all which side you are on. I just have a thing where I always try to book on the right side of the ship ;) . My upcoming cruise is the only cruise that I have had a cabin on the left side of the ship LOL.

Thanks so much everyone! We are sooooo excited. We were originally booked on Carnival's Triumph out of New Orleans since we live about 30 minutes from the port. Unfortunately, they've delayed the arrival of a second ship until conditions improve. So, we figured since we've got to travel to a new port anyway, we might as well check out a different cruise line. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going against some of the other opinions here. I would book deck 7 just for the reason you have cabins both below you and above you. Deck 10 you sometimes hear the open spaces above you chairs scraping etc. Deck 6 right below you are alot of public spaces and once we booked over a lounge and heard the band until the wee hours of the morning. Definitely check what is below you if you go on deck 6.

The avaibility changes quite often so I would book deck 7 but keep my eyes open for a cabin on deck 8 or 9 just for the reasons I stated above.

Personally, I would not book deck ten unless there is some dead space over me. On another line, we were on the top passenger deck and heard chairs being dragged around early every morning as they prespared the deck.

Stayed in a GS near the centre of deck 10 on Mariner this past October and can't recollect any notticable/disturbing noise from the deck above... We love deck 10 because of it's proximity to the Windjammer, the pools and the gym.

Boo

Is Deck 10 still considered prime space when booking a regular balcony cabin?

I prefer deck 10 balconies for one reason only. No one is above you. You can look down and see everyone else on their balconies, but no one can see you. ;)

Otherwise, the balcony rooms of the same category are the same on all decks.

Aimeeclose:

We stayed on deck 10 last May, next to last room on Port side. Liked it so much reserved same cabin for this year. Heard no noise, a short walk to elevator or stairs but not an issue. Pulling into all 3 Eastern Ports we had a great view from the balcony and got some really good pictures.

In all honesty, I don't think you'll be disappointed on any Deck!

Lisa

First, let me say that you will just LOVE the Mariner!! :)

On both of our Mariner cruises we had JS on deck 10. We loved the proximity to the solarium and the Windjammer. I know other people have had noise problems from above, but I'm pretty sensitive to sounds and we've been fine. Maybe we're just lucky. We also like the "top of the world" feeling from our balcony.

As far as port/starboard, unfortunately they change from cruise to cruise -- even at the same port, the ship won't always dock in the same direction. I'm told it can depend on several different factors, including how many other ships are in port that day. On our Eastern cruise, port was the best (which fortunately we had :D) but it's anybody's guess.

Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you will have a blast!! :)

Aimee,

Just returned from Mariner in January (wish I was on it now!) Eastern Itinerary. We had balcony on Deck 6, and were on POrt side. The views going into St. Martin and St. Thomas were LOVELY from the POrt side. I recommend the port side as I think this is the normal pattern of arriving and departing, as I was told the Mariner has a permanent berth in both locations since she calls year round (was told that the ships that do it seasonally get less prime docking spots, which makes sense). Loved Deck6 6-close to the promenade, the dining room, but a little climb up to the Windjammer-but we needed to climb off those calories! Enjoy!

BTB on MOS in January. Deck 10 aft loved it no noise. Look at deck plans. Mariner's Windjammer is closed in, no noise from Windjammer. On Brilliance last year, same deck 10 aft. However, Brilliance Windjammer is open. We heard noise from chairs scooting and experienced paper and cigarette butts being thrown off the open area of Windjammer.

Archived